Mömf mömf
päuw päuw
I need around tree fiddy.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6276|Uk
Apparently surgeons isnt sexy enough for the OP so it has been amended
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6761|Sydney, Australia
That sounds awesome. In transport we designed a road.. we were given a contour map, some project guidelines and the AusRoads Road Standards book. Had to plot it, determine the earthworks stuff and volumes of the material needed. All that crap. It was awesome.

Edit: You do a surveying course? We did that in first year... and got out the surveying gear and surveyed the uni. Oh the weird looks we got

Hell yeah it would have the most field work. My dad used to be a transport engineer with the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority. He's told me stories about when he was in charge of relaying parts of the road over the Sydney Harbour Bridge (yes, that bridge.. ). Some awesome stories.

On the other hand, my uncle is an electrical engineer. Iuno what he'd do for fieldwork.. go and look at places to put the giant power transmission lines?
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6713|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Hurray thats my work done for today.

I gotta pop out in a mo go get some fucking tv lead cos of this wanking digital switchover thingy.

A Director of mine hs recently retired, been with us for 40 years almost, he's 58.  Crimbo 08 he got told he has 2 years left to live as his lung is shrinking and he cant have a replacement due to the muscle growing in his place, it means he has until this crimbo to live approx.  We've chipped in and bought him a blu-ray player.  His wife is totally dependant on this guy, it'll be a sad sad day when he dies.  It might be bad taste but Im gonna crack jokes and what not this afternoon when he is in as a few of us are gonna be quite choked by him coming in to say good by to the company.  Me and him have had some amazing bust up's, but I'll miss him ripping the piss outta me.  He's only got one eye yet he's one of the best sign writers I have ever seen.  Its quiet a talent.  He cant catch a ball to save his life, it kinds bounces off his chest just after he claps his hands at it.

Its quite a sad day.  What do you write in a retirement card when you know why he is retiring - because he's dying slowly.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6529|Gogledd Cymru

mkxiii wrote:

I've only just woke up
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6276|Uk

The Sheriff wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

I've only just woke up
i was really fucked when i made this thread, and i had to start work at 7 this morning

i am in so much pain
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6695

I was never required to do a surveying course, but in that mountain hydrology class we did use some fancy-pants laser surveying equipment to survey parts of a river running down the mountain.

God that class is so memorable and was so fun. I wish I could go back. This was our classroom...
Pics stolen from other people

mcminty
Hehe, thanks for the karma. The roads stuff got better. The first 4 weeks were that road route design, then the next 4 weeks were on pavement design (so we were given statistics on the road use, and had to design an appropriate pavement).. and the last 4 weeks were on traffic systems.

Anywhoo I'm now watching a movie on my laptop, and sipping on some Jamesons.. so when I occasionally drop back, sorry if my spelling goes down the drain
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6695

Haha, well it's 5am here and I'm surprised I'm still managing to spell. Time to sleep!

ebug9 wrote:

G'night bf2s <3
Oh and for a Master's degree in Transportation, there's an entire class devoted to Airport Design. I really would like to take that. I'm fascinated by airports and how fluid they are and how traffic and people move through them.
mcminty
Night man.

and that would be totally. fucking. epic. I love that stuff as well.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6352

mtb0minime wrote:

Haha, well it's 5am here and I'm surprised I'm still managing to spell. Time to sleep!

ebug9 wrote:

G'night bf2s <3
Oh and for a Master's degree in Transportation, there's an entire class devoted to Airport Design. I really would like to take that. I'm fascinated by airports and how fluid they are and how traffic and people move through them.
G'night BF2s mtb <3
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6352

So what's everyone up to today?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5954|...

i have some tie-dying to do...other than that...husband and child went over the river and through the woods for the day...

what about you bugs?

Last edited by tuckergustav (2010-04-01 05:38:01)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6146|eXtreme to the maX
WTF Is up with the mods these days?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
tuckergustav
+1,590|5954|...

what ya mean?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6146|eXtreme to the maX
They just close every thread which is remotely lighthearted, EE, DST..
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6352

tuckergustav wrote:

i have some tie-dying to do...other than that...husband and child went over the river and through the woods for the day...

what about you bugs?
Tie-dying - I think I tried that when I was about 9 and failed miserably What's it for?

Just waiting for 1pm so I can go get my class over and done with before a 3 day weekend
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6172|Scotland!

Dilbert_X wrote:

people need to make less shit threads.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6711|UK
mods are shit ~ m3th
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5954|...

Dilbert_X wrote:

hmmm, every one?  wow...

ebug9 wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

what about you bugs?
Tie-dying - I think I tried that when I was about 9 and failed miserably What's it for?

Just waiting for 1pm so I can go get my class over and done with before a 3 day weekend
I am tie-dying baby stuff and tote bags to add to my collection to sell at an upcoming craft show...it's my way of "contributing"...

any big plans for this 3 day weekend?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5583|Toronto

I went deaf when this song came on. I have an exam tonight, too. Fuck.

Oh, skip the first 30 seconds. Not sure why you would want to listen to a 4/4 bass line for 30 seconds...
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6352

tuckergustav wrote:

I am tie-dying baby stuff and tote bags to add to my collection to sell at an upcoming craft show...it's my way of "contributing"...

any big plans for this 3 day weekend?
Family dinner on Sunday night for Easter. Not much else besides that. I wish this head cold would feck off before the weekend. I'd rather not make all my relatives sick

That and my mom's getting a new camera today so she'll probably go nuts taking pictures this weekend. I'll probably end up touching up the ones she keeps.

Last edited by ebug9 (2010-04-01 05:52:44)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6713|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Pochsy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcR4DElwSo

Oh, skip the first 30 seconds. Not sure why you would want to listen to a 4/4 bass line for 30 seconds...
Bloody hiddeous.  The youth of today and all that, tut tut, I duuno
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6276|Uk
who got the 1 millionth post in EE?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5583|Toronto

1927 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcR4DElwSo

Bloody hiddeous.  The youth of today and all that, tut tut, I duuno
Oh, you have to be pretty demolished to enjoy this stuff. Like, I mean you get so destroyed that all your mind can comprehend is a siren and pounding bass-line, so when you hear something that you can actually process you're down.

Totally binge drinking to forget. Not healthy.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard