Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5247|San Angelo, TX
So I try to log into Steam today and it said my account was disabled.  Not banned, not VAC banned, but disabled.  I don't know why as I've only used it about twice in the past 6 months and I can't find any link on steams site to see about contesting it.

WTF?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
No idea
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
Contact support. There will be a reason for the disabled account, and you just need to find out what went wrong and then go about getting it back. They don't just disable accounts for no reason, so something must have gone wrong somewhere.

Why would a Steam account be disabled?

Check the contact e-mail address for your Steam account to see if Steam Support has contacted you regarding the reason your account was disabled - accounts may be temporarily disabled pending verification of purchase information or account ownership.

Steam Support does not automatically contact the owners of disabled accounts in most circumstances.

There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct.  All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be disabled:

Piracy or Hacking

This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet.
      Payment Fraud

Any fraudulent credit card use, credit card chargebacks, or Paypal chargebacks (regardless of when the transaction occurred).
      Redeeming Fraudulent Gifts

Never accept a gift from an unknown user. Any accounts tied to a redeemed gift from a fraudulent source may be disabled.
      Hijacking or Sharing Accounts

Do not use Steam accounts which you did not create.
      Account "Phishing" and Deliberately Deceptive Activity

This includes contacting other users outside of Steam or over the Friends network under a misleading screen name or e-mail address (i.e. "Steam Admin", "VAC Administrator", "You Won Free Game Gift") and requesting password or account information.
      Buying, Selling, or Trading Accounts

Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be disabled. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.
      Violating Steam's Subscriber Agreement or Rules of Online Conduct

Please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct if you have any questions about the policies which govern Steam account use and account termination.
That list looks pretty bad but it was probably just a bank problem or something. I don't know. But yes, contact support straight away.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5247|San Angelo, TX
I haven't bought anything or played anything in some time.  I played last weekend for like 6 hours and that was the first in nearly 6 months.

Goddamn.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5247|San Angelo, TX

Steam wrote:

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Andrew, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. The purchases of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Grand Theft Auto IV, Defense Grid: The Awakening, and Mirror's Edge with Visa ending in 7716 have been disputed. Your account has been locked due to the payment dispute. To unlock your account, you will need to contact your bank and have the bank withdraw the chargeback, cancel the dispute and return the funds to Steam for this purchase. As soon as the chargeback dispute is settled we will automatically reactivate your account and the disputed game. If your bank is unable to withdraw the chargeback, we will need them to fax an affidavit that clearly states that they are unable to withdraw the chargeback and more importantly that the chargeback was not due to the credit card being used fraudulently. Please have them fax it to 425-952-2788 Attn: Fraud Department. Make sure that your bank has included the phone number for their dispute department so that we can verify the statement with them. Please reference this ticket number, 6333-ASKC-4355 , on your cover letter. As soon as we can confirm this information with your bank, we will review the situation and try to get authorization to make an exception and reactivate the account even though the chargeback is still pending. We understand that this is an inconvenience, but we hope that you understand the logic of our actions. We appreciate your patience with this issue.
lol, what the hell, I bought this stuff like 4 or 5 months ago!!!!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Andrew?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Finray wrote:

Andrew?
You got a problem with people named Andrew?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6241
My brother is called Andrew.

And yes, like I thought. The bank disagreeing with Valve about the payment. Nothing to do but try and get the bank to get their act together I suppose. That won't be fun for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard