Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
I dislike vehicles in BC2.

Maybe it's the increased awesomeness of infantry, or the fact that almost every 4th soldier has a rocket launcher.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't dig the grain/video effects in the tanks (T90 especially).

Maybe it's because secondary machine guns in the APC are like flashbangs when the primary gunner fires.

Maybe it's because you can't repair vehicles inside vehicles with FF ON, it results in Team Vehicle Damage bullshit.

Maybe it's the slow as molasses turret rotation speeds, and the fact that tank guns simply can't depress to fire at targets downhill. And the fact that the alt-fire tank MG seems weaker than a SMG.

It says something when I can run all the way across the map to take a empty tank, which no one on my team has claimed yet...

Also, taking down vehicles seems too easy, I do it ALL the time as engy.

Anyone have similar thoughts.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
to me it feels like there is some balance finally.  the vehicles are still sweet if you have a squad, but its nice to know i can handle a tank as an AT guy for a change.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
You can fix the turret turning speed.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Trotskygrad
бля

Finray wrote:

Yeah but you can't fix the depression thing. Turret turning is only a problem in the BMD3 AA cause I need to rotate faster when that Assault dude with the F2000 is about to pop my un-armored ass.
Trotskygrad
бля

steelie34 wrote:

to me it feels like there is some balance finally.  the vehicles are still sweet if you have a squad, but its nice to know i can handle a tank as an AT guy for a change.
Car still sucks with a squad... One lucky tank can ruin the party
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia

Finray wrote:

I can't. Game won't launch if I modify any of the required files.

Although sensitivity on the fly will suffice for the time being.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
I am starting to whore on the tank. I switch seats (1,2) if no one is in the tank or apc. The AT4 missles or mortar strikes do a a lot of damage which is why i dont cap a flag in a tank or take the lead....i follow and back everyone else up. Let the ground pounders do it while I scan for snipers, etc. Prefer to stay in the open area so C4 does not get planted on the vehicle.

Vehicle kits I use:
Extra Sensor: for narrow maps
Harden warhead???(fist icon): for tank vs tank
Extra Armor: for AT4 / tank

Last edited by loubot (2010-03-22 12:12:07)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Vehicles are fine.  In most situations, I've killed at least 5 defenders before they manage to kill me.  And with Advanced Optics, I only worry about Mortar Strikes.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I'm sad to see the HMMWVs and other light vehicles so vulnerable. There's no point using them whatsoever. Maybe if you want to rush a flag, but it's pointless and the gun on top is useless.

I really wish vehicles were less vulnerable. It's just too easy to pull an RPG shot on an ATV or a HMMWV. Light vehicles have a one way ticket every time.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm sad to see the HMMWVs and other light vehicles so vulnerable. There's no point using them whatsoever. Maybe if you want to rush a flag, but it's pointless and the gun on top is useless.

I really wish vehicles were less vulnerable. It's just too easy to pull an RPG shot on an ATV or a HMMWV. Light vehicles have a one way ticket every time.
I think you'll probably learn this first hand in a few years shifty. The Humvee is supposed to be a support role, its not meant for front lines combat...
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314

steelie34 wrote:

This! You can totally rape when using your head and having backup by a squad, but tanks and APC´s arn´t the spearhead anymore. And I love it.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

SonderKommando wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think you'll probably learn this first hand in a few years shifty. The Humvee is supposed to be a support role, its not meant for front lines combat...
Well it's in the game and it needs to be used. The only thing I can think of is a squad rushing, then parking it and rushing a flag/m-com, then using the .50 cal to defend with the 3 others covering the HMMWV.

After which they could attack the next flag / m-com.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Well it's in the game and it needs to be used. The only thing I can think of is a squad rushing, then parking it and rushing a flag/m-com, then using the .50 cal to defend with the 3 others covering the HMMWV.

After which they could attack the next flag / m-com.
^ this.  Its for rapid transit of a whole squad.  Thats all i use it for.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
The quad is fun but get Epic Fail when face plant
Trotskygrad
бля
All they need is to make the Humvee faster and turn tighter. That's it. And maybe stabilize the .50 a bit, maybe more damage.
steelie34
pub hero!

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

well think about that for a second... would you drive up to an enemy tank with a humvee and expect to live?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

well think about that for a second... would you drive up to an enemy tank with a humvee and expect to live?
And yet we send out our marines in crowded towns with ample RPG highgrounds.
Trotskygrad
бля

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

If I was a good distance away and goin fast enough, yeah.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5221
i like vehicles in bc a lot more than the ones in bf2 XD
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
I love the zoom feature, but the tank shells drop like rocks.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Blade4509 wrote:

On Arica Harbor, I've destroyed the first two MCOM's by just tank shells while making use of advanced optics.
steelie34
pub hero!

Ilocano wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

On Arica Harbor, I've destroyed the first two MCOM's by just tank shells while making use of advanced optics.
shhhhh
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

I hate vehicles in BC2 cause i get repetitively raped by them

same in bf2.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

I have no problems with the armor, already got my second gold star. You just have to play them balanced, and with a squad. Also, know when to GTFO!
Trotskygrad
бля

Canin wrote:

I have no problems with the armor, already got my second gold star. You just have to play them balanced, and with a squad. Also, know when to GTFO!
But my squad is always filled with recontards...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard