Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I did not say that "My skill, my marketability" had nothing to do with it. You have a habit of adding words to make your argument. There are people with all of that and still have not been successful (believe it or not). Today it takes more than skill and marketability. It takes good fortune. Try to think outside of your little bubble.
I am sorry, where did I mis-interpret "you were lucky"?

Also there is no one out of work in my industry that can't find a job. The jobs are out there. The difference is some CHOOSE not to move, some CHOOSE not to work at the wage offered, some CHOOSE to go back to school and seek a different career and there are some who CHOOSE just not to go back to work. but there are very few who are seeking work in this industry and can't find it.

If there are no jobs out there, then there would not be recruiters calling me and e-mailing me for employment. Also searth the net, plenty of work out there for those willing to make some adjustments. If it was good enough for me to do it is damn sure good enough for anyone else.
You assumed I meant.. you were "ONLY" lucky. It takes more than luck to have a chance. But having marketability, skill, and even determination is no guarantee.

For every job posting there are 100 applicants. Just because you get an email it does not mean employment is available for anyone willing to work. Go to your next job fair and count the people inline waiting to talk to employers.

btw, I have a soon to be out of work friend. I'll put his skills, schooling, and marketability up against yours any day. He's out there everyday pounding pavement, looking for work.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh ok so now you are telling me the airline industry ( one of the hardest hit industries in this economy) doesn't count?? How convenient for your argument.  So basically, since I have been able to overcome my efforts do not count? fantasitc argument
huh? Doesn't count what? you're saying that since you can find work easily in your industry everyone who is out of work must be a 'moocher' cos they cold find work in your industry. I'm saying it doesn't work like that cos not everyone is trained to work in aviation. It's nice for you that you have been able to find work but no, that fact has nothing to do with your basiic argument about 'mooching'.

lowing wrote:

Already said I have friends that CHOOSE not to stay in aviation and are getting trained in other fields. they are living off of their unemployment benefits while going to school. In other words, they are actively in pursuit of bettering their situations, and are not laying back collecting welfare.
OK, but what about people that can't enrol in college, and can't find work in their field currently? If they've paid tax in the past when working they're entitled to welfare. i don't see what the problem is, or why you think everyone is out to 'steal your paycheck' like it's a personal thing. You get taxed anyway so the financial impact on you personally is practically non-existent as far as I can tell, since you have zero way of knowing if your tax dollars pay for someone on welfare or a new tank for the army or what-the-hell-ever. Plus from your previous posts your friends are mochers as well since they're getting things for free twice - welfare AND education.
Never said that.  I used my industry as an example. An example of one of the hardest hit in this economy. I showed where people have choices and they are making them. I know no one that is actively loooking for work and can not find any. and believe me, in my industry I know a tone of people.

Who said college, try trade school, already said the work is there, that does not mean it is gunna be right around the corner from your house.

No one one should be entitled to welfare That is why I call them the "entitled" I use. They think everyone OWES them something. I don't OWE another private citizen a damn thing.

I don't have any friends on welfare. If my tax dollars were spent on something other than free handouts, our deficit would not be what it is. If my social securtiy money was not being stolen, I might have a SS benefit when I retired I will not, yet my money is still being taken. DOn't tell me where my money goes doesn't matter.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I did not say that "My skill, my marketability" had nothing to do with it. You have a habit of adding words to make your argument. There are people with all of that and still have not been successful (believe it or not). Today it takes more than skill and marketability. It takes good fortune. Try to think outside of your little bubble.

Also there is no one out of work in my industry that can't find a job. The jobs are out there. The difference is some CHOOSE not to move, some CHOOSE not to work at the wage offered, some CHOOSE to go back to school and seek a different career and there are some who CHOOSE just not to go back to work. but there are very few who are seeking work in this industry and can't find it.

If there are no jobs out there, then there would not be recruiters calling me and e-mailing me for employment. Also searth the net, plenty of work out there for those willing to make some adjustments. If it was good enough for me to do it is damn sure good enough for anyone else.
You assumed I meant.. you were "ONLY" lucky. It takes more than luck to have a chance. But having marketability, skill, and even determination is no guarantee.

For every job posting there are 100 applicants. Just because you get an email it does not mean employment is available for anyone willing to work. Go to your next job fair and count the people inline waiting to talk to employers.

btw, I have a soon to be out of work friend. I'll put his skills, schooling, and marketability up against yours any day. He's out there everyday pounding pavement, looking for work.
Then I have no doubt he will be gainfully employed soon enough. Luck, having nothing to do with it.

By the way unless his marketablity includes over 25 years in the airline indusry as an aircraft mechanic. I wouldn't match him up against mine if he is looking in this field.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-17 15:43:13)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lol don't even talk to me about taking by force for personal gain. There is a very good chance I am your biggest ally here. You're not even meeting me halfway though...I don't think you read what I said.

Taking what is yours is not stealing. Think of your taxes like a complex number. The real part is what you write on the check that you send to the government. The imaginary part is the cost of living in this society, (wages earned in capitalist country - wages earned in USA). The imaginary part is what you use to pay for social programs during x. It's imaginary, it's impossible to measure it directly, but it is most certainly there and must be accounted for.
No! taxes are meant pay for infrastructure, not redistribution to the 'entitled" class. If you dirve on the road, expect sevices from a fire department or the police. This is what you paidfor. you do not pay to have taxes for redistribution
Dude you're missing the point. What taxes should pay for and what they do pay for are two different things. Yeah they should pay for nothing but infrastructure and defense, but the point is they pay for a lot of other things too. You do have to pay taxes that go towards the redistribution of wealth, you can't just opt out. Rejecting what you already paid for because "it's stealing" is ridiculous.
If I am forced to pay to redistribute my wealth to someone else for no other reason than because I have it against my will. It is stealing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

Welfare is not a function of govt. Charity is a function of the private sector. Unemployment is an earned benefit, it is paid into. Welfare is not paid into it is money stolen from other for redistribution. It is money taken by force from one person to give to another for nothing in retrun.
It's not taken by force though is it? And it's not personally taken from one person and given to another. It's part of the social system you subscribe to by living in your country.

Also what's the difference between unemployment benefit and welfare benefit? They're both part of the same system, again - one that tax payers pay into so that should they become unemployed or destitute they have a safety net to fall back on. Of course welfare is a function of government, it doesn't make sense to say otherwise. It just IS. Or do you mean it shouldn't be?
Yes it is taken by force, try opting out of paying, and see what that gets ya. Just because I do not know the person recielving my money does not mean my money has not been taken away.

No unemployment is not part of welfare. Not even the same sport.

There is nothing in our constitution that entitles you to my money for no other reason than because I have it and you want it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

No! taxes are meant pay for infrastructure, not redistribution to the 'entitled" class. If you dirve on the road, expect sevices from a fire department or the police. This is what you paidfor. you do not pay to have taxes for redistribution
Dude you're missing the point. What taxes should pay for and what they do pay for are two different things. Yeah they should pay for nothing but infrastructure and defense, but the point is they pay for a lot of other things too. You do have to pay taxes that go towards the redistribution of wealth, you can't just opt out. Rejecting what you already paid for because "it's stealing" is ridiculous.
If I am forced to pay to redistribute my wealth to someone else for no other reason than because I have it against my will. It is stealing.
Yes it is, but the question is does it go the other way. If you steal back what was stolen from you, is that stealing?

The system is what the system is, and you can do little about it directly and legally. There is nothing wrong with taking back what you put in.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wrong, people are getting paid for services that the govt. says it needs. It is not taking something in exchange for nothing.
" That the government says it needs..."

Government contracts are, geez dude, the company you worked for in iraq probably got their contract because the owner bribed a government worker, who are you kidding?

At every return the civil servants take every penny they can from us. Too bad you missed my pencil op; I deleted it becuase there is a majority of douchebags that post in my threads who do not address the points put forward. The government says it needs stuff and the tax payer gets gouged for three times what it should cost and then,

They have drones like you who go out and say those who need services are moochers, the lot of them.

Way to destroy years of advocation for you, my respect and all that.

You're a fucking moocher for working for a company that received tax dollars to service war machines. Your retirement is built on mooching, the roof over your head has shingles made of mooch.

Seriously dude.

If you want to expand the appeal of conservative politics try to not sound so vapid, short sighted and insulting.
For your and others weak comparison to be true, you must add cops, air traffic controllers,FAA, NTSB, EPA, OSHA officals, postal workers, service personnel all under your bullshit criteria. Working for the govt. or on behalf of the govt. IS STILL WORKING. these people are giving up skill, time, and life for a paycheck regardless as to who has hired them.

THis bullshit argument was weak when you pulled it before and it is still weak now. It does not compare to taking from someone else without giving anything in return IE mooching.

I am not appealing to anyone, I am stating a fact.
No, you are spewing vile horseshit.

Look at it this way; according to the whitehouse website social security will be bk by 2042, just in time for me to retire. Having paid into a system for 26 years that has been ruined by buffoon politicians and parasite union government contract workers I intend to take back as much as I can and pay in as little going forward as possible.

Hey man, this is your system; it is founded in lies and fraud and you will get yours. The ultimate bubble is inflating and you are filling with its hot air. You rely on government contracts and subsidized airlines.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then I have no doubt he will be gainfully employed soon enough. Luck, having nothing to do with it.

By the way unless his marketablity includes over 25 years in the airline indusry as an aircraft mechanic. I wouldn't match him up against mine if he is looking in this field.
He is a literal rocket scientist with almost two decades of experience, two masters.. considering now his third.

If it is soon, luck will have had something to do with it, albeit not everything. A point you are incapable of grasping.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Working for the govt. or on behalf of the govt. IS STILL WORKING. these people are giving up skill, time, and life for a paycheck regardless as to who has hired them.
+1.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

" That the government says it needs..."

Government contracts are, geez dude, the company you worked for in iraq probably got their contract because the owner bribed a government worker, who are you kidding?

At every return the civil servants take every penny they can from us. Too bad you missed my pencil op; I deleted it becuase there is a majority of douchebags that post in my threads who do not address the points put forward. The government says it needs stuff and the tax payer gets gouged for three times what it should cost and then,

They have drones like you who go out and say those who need services are moochers, the lot of them.

Way to destroy years of advocation for you, my respect and all that.

You're a fucking moocher for working for a company that received tax dollars to service war machines. Your retirement is built on mooching, the roof over your head has shingles made of mooch.

Seriously dude.

If you want to expand the appeal of conservative politics try to not sound so vapid, short sighted and insulting.
For your and others weak comparison to be true, you must add cops, air traffic controllers,FAA, NTSB, EPA, OSHA officals, postal workers, service personnel all under your bullshit criteria. Working for the govt. or on behalf of the govt. IS STILL WORKING. these people are giving up skill, time, and life for a paycheck regardless as to who has hired them.

THis bullshit argument was weak when you pulled it before and it is still weak now. It does not compare to taking from someone else without giving anything in return IE mooching.

Look at it this way; according to the whitehouse website social security will be bk by 2042, just in time for me to retire. Having paid into a system for 26 years that has been ruined by buffoon politicians and parasite union government contract workers I intend to take back as much as I can and pay in as little going forward as possible.

Hey man, this is your system; it is founded in lies and fraud and you will get yours. The ultimate bubble is inflating and you are filling with its hot air. You rely on government contracts and subsidized airlines.
Sorry, I sell my skills for compensation nothing is GIVEN to me for nothing in return workers, regardless of employers do not fall into the mooching category, regardless as to how vile you view them.

I have been against govt. subsidized airlines, even to my own detriment. CONFIDENT I will be able to find gainful employment elsewhere.

I too will not have SS when I retire. In fact, I have screwed up enough that I will probably never be able to retire. Regardless, I will not be stealing your money or anyone elses. It has alwready been stolen form me. Allow me to be pissed off about that. Or do you think I am someone special that is exempt for the theivery within our govt.?

Also you are not living in ther world of reality if you do not think the US needs a war machine or needs that machine maintained.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Kmarion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He is a literal rocket scientist with almost two decades of experience, two masters.. considering now his third.

If it is soon, luck will have had something to do with it, albeit not everything. A point you are incapable of grasping.
If it is soon it will be because he is a rocket scientist with 2 masters and contemplating his third. He is your friend do not sell him short.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

His industry, on the entirety is retracting. Largely in part to the Obama admin.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Kmarion wrote:

His industry, on the entirety is retracting. Largely in part to the Obama admin.
Anyone with his obvious ambition, drive and motivation will not settle for anything less than gainful employment. Period.

I hope he wasn't working for NASA, he would be considered on welfare by some in this thread.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-17 16:18:44)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

No he won't settle. But that doesn't mean he can shit in a pan and fry it up in the mean time.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6479

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No it doesn't. The unemployment rate was almost half of what it is now.
And that number doesn't even report on those that have 'given up' on looking for employment.
True. But I wouldn't consider the people that have given up as competition.
Still a drain...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Kmarion wrote:

No he won't settle. But that doesn't mean he can shit in a pan and fry it up in the mean time.
No he won't settle. Nothing more needs to be said of your friend. He will recieve his unemployment benefit for the time being. honestly, are you really worried about him and his ability to overcome?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

THe OP does not say you shouldn't take the hand out. It clearly says take it if you need it, just don't make any bones about what it is you are doing. YOU ARE mooching. You have taken from another by force using the power of govt. to do so. NO real denying that.
I guess a business that gets a subsidy from the government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess a defense contractor receiving a government contract is mooching off the taxpayer.  I guess anyone working for government is mooching off the taxpayer.  I mean, it may be called a subsidy/contract/paycheck but let's cut the bullshit and call it what it is - a redistribution of my wealth to someone else aka a MOOCHER! 
Wrong, people are getting paid for services that the govt. says it needs. It is not taking something in exchange for nothing.
You can make that argument for contractors -- you can't for corporate welfare -- like farm subsidies.

As much as Boortz and many others like to complain about the poor mooching, corporations are the biggest offenders.

Take, for example, Archer Daniels Midland.  This agricorp doesn't need tax money to stay afloat.  They do quite well for themselves without any government aid.  Yet, for decades, they've been sucking up pork from both parties.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-241.html
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

lowing wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No he won't settle. Nothing more needs to be said of your friend. He will recieve his unemployment benefit for the time being. honestly, are you really worried about him and his ability to overcome?
I'm simply saying that qualifications aren't always enough to satisfy the very real and immediate problem. Not everyone is entitled to unemployment benefits. Contractors and the self employed have trouble getting them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command

lowing wrote:

ATG wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry, I sell my skills for compensation nothing is GIVEN to me for nothing in return workers, regardless of employers do not fall into the mooching category, regardless as to how vile you view them.

I have been against govt. subsidized airlines, even to my own detriment. CONFIDENT I will be able to find gainful employment elsewhere.

I too will not have SS when I retire. In fact, I have screwed up enough that I will probably never be able to retire. Regardless, I will not be stealing your money or anyone elses. It has alwready been stolen form me. Allow me to be pissed off about that. Or do you think I am someone special that is exempt for the theivery within our govt.?

Also you are not living in ther world of reality if you do not think the US needs a war machine or needs that machine maintained.
Stop bashing your keyboard and make an attempt at spelling. Ffs.

Your position has no color and this is not a black and white world. You are attention whoring by taking a outrageous stance.
BVC
+325|6696
Whats a food stamp?  Some sort of government-supplied welfare voucher you can exchange for food?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Govmt money for food. yea.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BVC
+325|6696
What sort of controls are on food stamps?  eg. can't be used to buy booze and smokes
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

What sort of controls are on food stamps?  eg. can't be used to buy booze and smokes
you can buy anything edible and no alcohol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

And no hot food for some reason. It has to be room temperature or below in order to qualify.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

King_County_Downy wrote:

And no hot food for some reason. It has to be room temperature or below in order to qualify.
Varies by state I guess.. you can buy hot food in a deli in Fl.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard