Heffty
+9|6767|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I find it pretty ridiculous when I come around a corner and I have to unload half a clip into a guy before he falls because my spray is so big at close distances. When I fire a normal assault rifle at close range, no way in hell the spray is that big. I understand this is a game and it takes more than one bullet to kill a guy, but the spray is just too big. One of my favorite things to do in any BF game is run up and unload on a guy. In this game it's not even that fun because most of my clip doesn't even hit the guy at close range. I shouldn't have to look through my scope to land more than a few bullets on a guy at point blank range.

For example...Sniper boy is in a building taking aim through his scope on some guy across the way. I come in the room and unload on him. Yes, it kills him, but half the time these snipers are able to get out of their scope, turn around, and sometimes move before they go down. That shouldn't happen. 

It is possible some of this is due to lag...but it just seems more so a problem than it ever did in BF2, or COD.

Lastly, I think they ought to increase the time it takes for a sniper to bring his gun up to his eye and shoot. Guns like the M95 should not have the capability of switching over to pistol so fast from scoping. Or from going to pistol to rifle.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
Fuck that, I hate it when it takes forever to scope in. They did it with CoD4, but that was fixed in Promod, and they did it in MW2, but it's sorta fixed with Sleight of Hand Pro. It just WORKS when it's a quick draw time, pisses me off with it takes forever.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

I'm guessing you don't have the Abakan yet, yes it's a burst rifle, but, it will kill anything that moves in less than a second
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
AN-94 will be nice when I unlock it, but on non-hardcore, it shouldn't take so many rounds from any assault rifle to down someone.  I burst fire everything because it helps the accuracy, but even then, I have a similar experience as mentioned in the OP.  Charge the stairs, come to roof, identify enemy sniper, burst fire over sights, sniper has time to turn, burst fire two more times, somehow sniper still gets a shot off.  I die, then I get credit for the kill.  This is on servers w/ 30 ping ... hence why I play hardcore.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

M16 is pretty rape. The rpm of it is insane though.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6289|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

The Sheriff wrote:

M16 is pretty rape. The rpm of it is insane though.
i know, i loved it for all of the 5 minutes i had it (silly man tried to use the grenade launcher on me when he had a perfectly working M16, tsk tsk)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Brasso
+1,549|6629

saiga is awesomesauce with the extended clip, that's how i solve the problem.  rifles annoy me in that game
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dill13
+67|6193

Heffty wrote:

I find it pretty ridiculous when I come around a corner and I have to unload half a clip into a guy before he falls because my spray is so big at close distances. When I fire a normal assault rifle at close range, no way in hell the spray is that big. I understand this is a game and it takes more than one bullet to kill a guy, but the spray is just too big. One of my favorite things to do in any BF game is run up and unload on a guy. In this game it's not even that fun because most of my clip doesn't even hit the guy at close range. I shouldn't have to look through my scope to land more than a few bullets on a guy at point blank range.

For example...Sniper boy is in a building taking aim through his scope on some guy across the way. I come in the room and unload on him. Yes, it kills him, but half the time these snipers are able to get out of their scope, turn around, and sometimes move before they go down. That shouldn't happen. 

It is possible some of this is due to lag...but it just seems more so a problem than it ever did in BF2, or COD.

Lastly, I think they ought to increase the time it takes for a sniper to bring his gun up to his eye and shoot. Guns like the M95 should not have the capability of switching over to pistol so fast from scoping. Or from going to pistol to rifle.
learn to aim the guns in bfbc2 have barely any base deviation about half if that of bf2's.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State
and that is why you use a shotty.
Heffty
+9|6767|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Learn to aim. Common man, you're talking to someone who played BF1942, BF2, and COD1 and 2 competitively. I'm not claiming to be the best first person gamer around, I'm just stating I'm not your average gamer. Throw me in a round of BF2 or COD with no mic and no squad, I will often finish top 3. I won't claim to be elite either, I'm just defending the assumption that I can't shoot. The spray is unreal, and there's no way an unaware soldier in crouch position looking through his scope should be able to take bullets while turning around and getting shots off me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
Use a different weapon.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

Heffty wrote:

Learn to aim. Common man, you're talking to someone who played BF1942, BF2, and COD1 and 2 competitively. I'm not claiming to be the best first person gamer around, I'm just stating I'm not your average gamer. Throw me in a round of BF2 or COD with no mic and no squad, I will often finish top 3. I won't claim to be elite either, I'm just defending the assumption that I can't shoot. The spray is unreal, and there's no way an unaware soldier in crouch position looking through his scope should be able to take bullets while turning around and getting shots off me.
Well, DICE says that all kills with everything but the shotty should be with sights. Seriously.
Yeah the spray sucks with ARs (Noscope accuracy's a tad better with SMGs, Rocket Launchers, and Snipers, )... Get used to it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
The solution: The Gustav AT.
Trotskygrad
бля

RDMC wrote:

The solution: The Gustav AT.
YES. TOTALLY AGREE. That's what I meant when I said rocket launchers.

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2010-03-17 11:34:15)

Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I'm guessing you don't have the Abakan yet, yes it's a burst rifle, but, it will kill anything that moves in less than a second
This.

haffeysucks wrote:

saiga is awesomesauce with the extended clip.
Or this.

The M16 is crap

Last edited by Hallvard (2010-03-17 11:35:47)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
I tried the 40mm shotgun today with my M416 and it left me feeling unsatisfied. You miss that initial shot and you're toast.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Shoulda just knifed him, or gone for a headshot.  Otherwise, go medic.  No scope LMG spray and pray works well on stairs.
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

I tried the 40mm shotgun today with my M416 and it left me feeling unsatisfied. You miss that initial shot and you're toast.
The 40mm shotgun is for lulz, cause it blows them bodies back so far.

You gotta use the AR first, then when you need to reload you pull it out and finish them off. Killed a medic and his buddy by doing this.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

JohnG@lt wrote:

the one time i did use the underbarrel shotty i raped someone with one shot, but yeah, don't miss
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Trotskygrad
бля

haffeysucks wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

the one time i did use the underbarrel shotty i raped someone with one shot, but yeah, don't miss
Same bro, but I did it in the beta.

Underbarrel shotty is also for if you wanna breach doors the cool way... with a shotty
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

Trotskygrad wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Same bro, but I did it in the beta.

Underbarrel shotty is also for if you wanna breach doors the cool way... with a shotty
i like the underbarrel shotty.  its good for defense when you know the enemies coming, but you have to hold your ground (i.e. mcom defense after you arm the bomb)  it's a good way to open the fight, and you can quickly switch to the rifle and pistol if necessary. 

i don't mind the spray pray, since i do it a good majority of the time myself.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

I tried it today. much much more fun than the tube.

great for clearing out doorways and small rooms.

Last edited by Spark (2010-03-18 05:10:13)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Zukabazuka
+23|6684
Or you could just go for slug shot on the shotgun. i'm not sure if its one hit kill without magnum ammo but with it I'm pretty much killing an entire squad in 4 shots.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Zukabazuka wrote:

Or you could just go for slug shot on the shotgun. i'm not sure if its one hit kill without magnum ammo but with it I'm pretty much killing an entire squad in 4 shots.
True but I enjoy killing at range too.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
Slapped the 4x scope on the XM8 today ... win

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard