Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

-Sh1fty- wrote:

In this situation I think it's appropriate that he should pay for his children to receive clothing, food, and an education (college or w/e). The point is, they're still that person's children.

My mother should also get a job and help with these but he's still the father.

21st century morals are so fucked up. Don't refer to them.
Guess you just have to accept that your dad is a dick and probably is going to leave you and his "old family" behind and go off with his new family.

In Aus the parent with custody can't fuck off and take the kids off more than 100km afaik without signing a release form (happened for my mom and dad when they got divorced).

I think it'll be better if you speak to your dad and say the situation is grim for you and your sis and he'd probably come to his senses a lot more than if he's talking to your mom. Divorced parents usually hate each others guts (especially at this stage of the divorce) but would still love their kids. YOU have to talk to your dad about financials, not your mom.

Your dad should be legally responsible to provide child support until you are 18.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
Well my parents are finally officially divorced. It happened a few days before Christmas. The process has been long and very hard to endure. Family choosing sides, financial troubles, drama everywhere, hurt feelings, etc.

As it stands, my dad is paying child support, alimony, and will have to pay for me to go to college if I choose to do so.

He's still living with his son and girlfriend.

FML
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

"will have to pay for college if I choose to do so?"

that's a new one for me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah he has to pay for my education if I ask him to.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I've just never heard of any support being mandated once the kids are adults.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
I'm sure it's hard having your parents break up like that but chin up, you actually came out of it pretty well considering your dad has to pay for college.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال
Fuck it... dont lose focus, be there for your mom and sisters. u r da man naow!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Jaekus wrote:

I'm sure it's hard having your parents break up like that but chin up, you actually came out of it pretty well considering your dad has to pay for college.
He was already paying for my college education back in Switzerland when I was getting a computer science degree. Now that I'm 19 I can obviously get a job, which I have, and support myself. Switzerland is a lot more liberal in it's child support laws than America I guess.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
19?

Explain this then:

shifty wrote:

Even though I take a lot of shit around here, I've loved the years I've spent with you guys. It's been 4 years for me. I registered back when I was 13, damn. I've been through so many events in life since then, many of which I've shared here.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
My math might be off. I'm 19 though, and my Bradt3hleader account which was my original had ~1500 days on it which I divided by 365. Since that account was banned did the days stop counting and I need to add this account's days to that one's?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
Im going to assume so, considering 992 is less than 1500 >.>
rdx-fx
+955|6591
Get your bachelors degree on Dad's dime, then think about the military.

Seriously.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Why go to college rdx-fx? I have no idea what I want to do later in life. I enjoyed studying computer science. I'd build computers, install them, customize their settings with file sharing and tons of other things, did some network engineering, cabling the network cables, terminating them, programming in C, learned XHTML and CSS, did photoshop, etc. I enjoyed all that but I really don't want a job where I'm stuck in a freaking cubicle all day long.

The military is really appealing to me because it's most often outdoors, I get to get dirty, blow crap up, know that I'm serving my country, etc. It's not sitting in a freaking office typing away at a keyboard where I don't feel productive. Maybe do some construction or something.

Basically, I want to choose a career path that will keep me from sitting behind a desk 6 days a week. I still want to be able to afford a family though. I don't want to barely get by and live paycheck to paycheck but I don't want to study 4-8 years and drive a porshe. My plan was join Marines @ 18, do college whilst in the Marines, preferably that computer science even though I'd be in a desk later, and then after 8 years or so resign and do whatever. I thought the military was a good kick-start.

Right now I can join the Army. I spoke with their recruiters and they said I could basically enlist right now if I wanted to (and insisted I do right then). I'd rather be a Marine though.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
I dunno man, your father paying for college is a pretty good kick start
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
lol mawhweens.

they really do attract the bottom scraps of society.

go to college shitty.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
I can't believe you're basically being handed a free ride through college and you're not taking it up.

Thousands of people would give their right arm for that.
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5871|00770

Jaekus wrote:

I can't believe you're basically being handed a free ride through college and you're not taking it up.

No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

Jaekus wrote:

then its not a free ride now is it
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Man, he could get a degree and have a career that spans decades with the potential to make a lot of money, and when he gets a management position in ~10 years time he's on a good wicket.

Or, he can spend the next year or two trying to join the marines, finds out in a decade once he's done he's pretty much back to square one (with my ignorance about possible career paths for ex-military service clearly on display here, feel free to correct me) and then he's going to go for that IT job?

Umm, ok
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
theres a lot of good jobs for former servicemen. except for marines, theyre at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to civie jobs, air force and navies are high fiving each other when they EAS.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why go to college rdx-fx? I have no idea what I want to do later in life. I enjoyed studying computer science. I'd build computers, install them, customize their settings with file sharing and tons of other things, did some network engineering, cabling the network cables, terminating them, programming in C, learned XHTML and CSS, did photoshop, etc. I enjoyed all that but I really don't want a job where I'm stuck in a freaking cubicle all day long.

The military is really appealing to me because it's most often outdoors, I get to get dirty, blow crap up, know that I'm serving my country, etc. It's not sitting in a freaking office typing away at a keyboard where I don't feel productive. Maybe do some construction or something.

Basically, I want to choose a career path that will keep me from sitting behind a desk 6 days a week. I still want to be able to afford a family though. I don't want to barely get by and live paycheck to paycheck but I don't want to study 4-8 years and drive a porshe. My plan was join Marines @ 18, do college whilst in the Marines, preferably that computer science even though I'd be in a desk later, and then after 8 years or so resign and do whatever. I thought the military was a good kick-start.

Right now I can join the Army. I spoke with their recruiters and they said I could basically enlist right now if I wanted to (and insisted I do right then). I'd rather be a Marine though.
Become a structural engineer and work in construction.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Man, he could get a degree and have a career that spans decades with the potential to make a lot of money, and when he gets a management position in ~10 years time he's on a good wicket.

Or, he can spend the next year or two trying to join the marines, finds out in a decade once he's done he's pretty much back to square one (with my ignorance about possible career paths for ex-military service clearly on display here, feel free to correct me) and then he's going to go for that IT job?

Umm, ok
I felt like I ended up right where I was before I joined. Complete waste of time Going to college in your late 20s sucks.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Umm, ok
I felt like I ended up right where I was before I joined. Complete waste of time Going to college in your late 20s sucks.
Structural engineering sounds a good idea. Most engineers I know make a tidy packet, and it would be interesting work I'd imagine.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Umm, ok
Structural engineering sounds a good idea. Most engineers I know make a tidy packet, and it would be interesting work I'd imagine.
Work your way up to project manager and you get to spend a lot of time on job sites.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
You'd be well into a six figure salary then, yeah?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard