^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA

henno13 wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I am referring to the PC version of course as I don't recognize consoles as a valid gaming means at all for FPSers.
lol

Sure, PCs are much better than consoles, but that's taking it too far.
My first video game system was Intellivision.  I grew up on every console there ever was between that time and the time I built my first custom gaming PC in 1995.  Even after I built my first rig I still bought consoles but for sports games as it was all to easy to see that game makers will forever make games with potential that will be nothing more than dumbed down versions of what could be.  I know BFBC2 is a port for the most part but it is what MW should be.  Not only that it holds true to what the BF series is all about.

If you are playing FPS games on consoles your doing it wrong. 

Yes they should stop making FPS games for consoles. 

Yes it is my opinion, but that opinion comes from over 20 years of investing my money in gaming on consoles and the PC.

I don't hate on Activision, I expect better from them.  So do they or they wouldn't have fired the people who made their last cash cow.
Ptfo
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

If you are playing FPS games on consoles your doing it wrong. 

Yes they should stop making FPS games for consoles.
but WHY? presumably cos of the mouse/keyboard thing. But now you can either get mice for consoles or keyboards there is NO difference. Why shouldn't people with consoles play FPS games? It doesn't make any sense.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA
Because consoles are just $300 PCs with less of everything.  I rather play on my $3000 PC that will allow for better graphics, more customization, and an all around better user control. 

Mice Keyboards on consoles may as well just be using aimbots and wallhacks.  I am good so why shoot fish in a barrel?  I want to compete not walk all over someone using a gamepad.

Consoles will always be priced to sale to kids and casual gamers and thus the parts in the box will be behind a PC always.  The money you spend every year to buy the new console or other accessories they market you could upgrade your PC to continually have the best and latest technology.

I always thought these forums were made up of more hardcore PC gamers than console kiddies so my mistake.
Ptfo
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Because consoles are just $300 PCs with less of everything.  I rather play on my $3000 PC that will allow for better graphics, more customization, and an all around better user control. 

Mice Keyboards on consoles may as well just be using aimbots and wallhacks.  I am good so why shoot fish in a barrel?  I want to compete not walk all over someone using a gamepad.

Consoles will always be priced to sale to kids and casual gamers and thus the parts in the box will be behind a PC always.  The money you spend every year to buy the new console or other accessories they market you could upgrade your PC to continually have the best and latest technology.

I always thought these forums were made up of more hardcore PC gamers than console kiddies so my mistake.
Why not use the money instead to fund trips over to Dignitas in Switzerland?
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA
While that is probably a nice place I have no interest in going there.
Ptfo
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

You might rather spend 3000 on a PC, the vast majority of people who like gaming can't afford that. So you're saying if you can't afford 3 grand on a PC you shouldn't play FPS? What a load of shite. PLus most people's PCs are NOT optimised for gamingso the gaming experience you get with a console made specifically for gaming will be better.

As for your rather childish comment about 'hardcore PC gamers' and 'childish console kiddies' (was that supposed to be an insult? lol), I have PS3, 360 AND a PC which I use for gaming, and so what? You saying I shouldnt play FPS on the consoles is just stupid.

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

While that is probably a nice place I have no interest in going there.
hahahahahahaaaa.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-07 10:47:34)

^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA
You think console gamers don't spend 3 grand in a year or so?  You got to be kidding right.  Most people will have more than one console and probably 10 or more games per console?  Never mind how much accessory games like guitar hero and the like cost.  300 bucks a system and 60 bucks a game and I bet they exceed 3000 bucks in a year or two easily.  So most people wouldn't drop 3 grand at one time but over a year or two they do anyway.  It would be much smarter to buy a mid tier gaming PC or laptop that will last much longer than the shelf life of consoles and their games.  I have gotten 5 plus years out of each system I have built not even as high as 3 grand

Besides I am sure this year we will hear about the next great mind blowing console that probably won't be compatible with its predecessor, even though the PS finally got smart on that issue.
Ptfo
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA
console kiddies is only in insult if you read it as such.  Just a description of the typical target market range by the console companies to me.
Ptfo
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6099|Birmingham, UK

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

console kiddies is only in insult if you read it as such.  Just a description of the typical target market range by the console companies to me.
Yeah that's true the majority of people who speak seem to be about 12
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

You think console gamers don't spend 3 grand in a year or so?  You got to be kidding right.  Most people will have more than one console and probably 10 or more games per console?  Never mind how much accessory games like guitar hero and the like cost.  300 bucks a system and 60 bucks a game and I bet they exceed 3000 bucks in a year or two easily.  So most people wouldn't drop 3 grand at one time but over a year or two they do anyway.  It would be much smarter to buy a mid tier gaming PC or laptop that will last much longer than the shelf life of consoles and their games.  I have gotten 5 plus years out of each system I have built not even as high as 3 grand

Besides I am sure this year we will hear about the next great mind blowing console that probably won't be compatible with its predecessor, even though the PS finally got smart on that issue.
ok, lets assume that they buy a 300 xbox. That leaves $2700 of the $3000. At $60 that allows them to buy 45 games. Who buys $45 games in 2 years?

What you're saying is it's smarter to have an absurdly overpriced $3000 PC with no games than a console with 45 games.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I agree it sucks when new consoles aren't compatible with old games, yes. That's one of the most annoying things about them. I guess you can DL old games for both ps3 and 360 but still why not just be able to play the actual discs?

But still...

3000 USD is 2200 EUR

a 250gb PS3 slim is on sale here in Finland for 330 euros.

a xbox 360 120 gb with two games for 220 euros.

So if you started with the same amount of money you'd have about 1900-2000 euros to spend on games and extras. Accessories and games are expensive but buy second hand and they're not that bad. I bet most people who have a PS3 buy maybe 500 euro worth of games a year MAX, meaning after 3-4 years, being generous, they might have spent the same as you spent just for your PC. Plus these things are more expensive here in Europe too.

Now don't get me wrong, I prefer FPS on my PC, likewise strategy games. But I can totally understand why people who want to game like consoles, because they're easy to use, you can hook up with your mates easily online, and so on. PLus you know the games will work and there are NO compatability issues. Buy a PS3 game and it'll work in your PS3, end of story. However as you know game tech is advancing so rapidly that upgrading your computer is a necessity sooner or later, and is a major pain in the ass, not to mention a major expense, for the vast majority of PC users. Good luck playing Crysis 2 on a five-year old machine and get it to look as good as the Xbox 360 version will.

But all this talk aside, your original statement was that FPS games shouldn't be made for consoles - which, irrespective of how much value for money you think you get with consoles, is still a daft statement, sorry.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA

Miggle wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

You think console gamers don't spend 3 grand in a year or so?  You got to be kidding right.  Most people will have more than one console and probably 10 or more games per console?  Never mind how much accessory games like guitar hero and the like cost.  300 bucks a system and 60 bucks a game and I bet they exceed 3000 bucks in a year or two easily.  So most people wouldn't drop 3 grand at one time but over a year or two they do anyway. It would be much smarter to buy a mid tier gaming PC or laptop that will last much longer than the shelf life of consoles and their games.  I have gotten 5 plus years out of each system I have built not even as high as 3 grand

ok, lets assume that they buy a 300 xbox. That leaves $2700 of the $3000. At $60 that allows them to buy 45 games. Who buys $45 games in 2 years?

What you're saying is it's smarter to have an absurdly overpriced $3000 PC with no games than a console with 45 games.
I am saying a mid range PC 1200-1500 tops.  Most people I know that have an PS3, also have a Xbox360 and all the other consoles that came before it and even a Wii.  SO they and anyone else with 1 or multiple console will exceed that number easily in a year.  Yes latest and greatest PC parts get absurdly overpriced but if your smart and go the mid range route then you can get or build a system that will last up to at least 5 years most times more.  I tend to like to go all out on my PCs since I consider modding and building PCs a hobby of mine.
Ptfo
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land
oh yah don't forget these days there are more games for consoles than PC anyway, so you could easily say the 'hardcore' gamers should play console games, unless you like super-in-depth sims like Silent Hunter or something.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

ruisleipa wrote:

oh yah don't forget these days there are more games for consoles than PC anyway, so you could easily say the 'hardcore' gamers should play console games, unless you like super-in-depth sims like Silent Hunter or something.
blatantly factually inaccurate.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6791|Long Beach, CA

ruisleipa wrote:

But all this talk aside, your original statement was that FPS games shouldn't be made for consoles - which, irrespective of how much value for money you think you get with consoles, is still a daft statement, sorry.
Yes you got me there.  im guilty for that opinion.
Ptfo
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

You forget the fact that a very decent gaming PC will cost around 600€

You can get a 300€ gaming PC that runs most games at the same settings a console does if you want to.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

I bought my computer 2 years ago for $900.

It still maxes everything out at 1920x1080.

It was prebuilt.

Last edited by Miggle (2010-03-07 13:00:34)

ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

you think? how many games come out ONLY on PC? Compare with how many games ONLY come out on PS3 or 360. Even 360 exclusives don't always come out on PC.

Now I don't have any figures but I do notice that when I go to a Game Stop the PC wall is like 1.5 metres in width and the entire rest of the shop is filled with PS 1, 2, 3, or Xbox and 360, or Wii, or DS, or PSP games, most sections being two metres long at least, not including 2nd hand. Could be just that more people buy console games, but also cos developers are making more games for non-PC platforms, primarily perhaps due to piracy.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/n … ays-nvidia

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16371/Cry … ive-Games/

According to teh internet there are 117 xbox 360 exclusive games and about 200 playstation exclusive games (including all PS platforms).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were figures showing in the last three years say many more games were released on consoles than on PC, for certain.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Yes you got me there.  im guilty for that opinion.
Aye, but you still haven't explained why...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

ruisleipa wrote:

Miggle wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

you think? how many games come out ONLY on PC? Compare with how many games ONLY come out on PS3 or 360. Even 360 exclusives don't always come out on PC.

Now I don't have any figures but I do notice that when I go to a Game Stop the PC wall is like 1.5 metres in width and the entire rest of the shop is filled with PS 1, 2, 3, or Xbox and 360, or Wii, or DS, or PSP games, most sections being two metres long at least, not including 2nd hand. Could be just that more people buy console games, but also cos developers are making more games for non-PC platforms, primarily perhaps due to piracy.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/n … ays-nvidia

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16371/Cry … ive-Games/

According to teh internet there are 117 xbox 360 exclusive games and about 200 playstation exclusive games (including all PS platforms).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were figures showing in the last three years say many more games were released on consoles than on PC, for certain.
there are 736 total xbox 360 games.

PC had more than that before you were born
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

Blatantly factually innacurate.

I'm talking about recently (I said the last three years or did you not read my post again?) and in the future. Although I'm certain that even on PS1 there were lots of exclusives.

You seem to be including all my old ZX Spectrum games as well.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

ruisleipa wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Blatantly factually innacurate.

I'm talking about recently (I said the last three years or did you not read my post again?) and in the future. Although I'm certain that even on PS1 there were lots of exclusives.

You seem to be including all my old ZX Spectrum games as well.
maybe you should read it again.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

no u.

ruisleipa wrote:

let me rephrase:

ruisleipa wrote:

oh yah don't forget these days there are more games for consoles on current release than PC anyway, so you could easily say the 'hardcore' gamers should play console games, unless you like super-in-depth sims like Silent Hunter or something.
Obviously over the last 20 years more PC games have been released than xbox 360 games, since the 360 didn't exist 20 years ago. But you know that's not my point at all.

Now will you stop being so bloomin pedantic?

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-07 13:28:09)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

ruisleipa wrote:

Miggle wrote:

no u.

ruisleipa wrote:

let me rephrase:

ruisleipa wrote:

oh yah don't forget these days there are more games for consoles on current release than PC anyway, so you could easily say the 'hardcore' gamers should play console games, unless you like super-in-depth sims like Silent Hunter or something.
Obviously over the last 20 years more PC games have been released than xbox 360 games, since the 360 didn't exist 20 years ago. But you know that's not my point at all.

Now will you stop being so bloomin pedantic?
but modern games are shit.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

but modern games are shit.
oooooooook https://smilies.newcastlebeats.com/smilies/badthumbs.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard