Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Every once in a while I get a bronze star for something. Anyone know what they're awarded for?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6646
They are gun-specific "awards".  Kill x amount of people with the gun to get the bronze star.  Keep using it and eventually you'll earn the silver, and then the gold.  After that it just adds additional gold stars.

Oh, and it also gives you a fair amount of points when you earn one.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
2juk
+12|5169

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I hate how the awards give you points. I hope BF3 is more like BF2. No points for awards and ranks take forever to get.

Last edited by 2juk (2010-03-05 13:19:08)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

2juk wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I hate how the awards give you points. I hope BF3 is more like BF2. No points for awards and ranks take forever to get.
Another lame I hope bf3 will be like bf2 comment.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

2juk wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

No matter how much you want this, it simply won't happen.

People like ranking up, getting unlocks, medals, pins, whatever. The more shinies given out, the more likely people will want to pursue them. If something is too hard to achieve, people whine. See the commander ribbon from BF2.

EA would lose money if they made ranks similar to those in BF2.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

How is it lame?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Bevo wrote:

See the commander ribbon from BF2.
pfff that was a piece of piss compared to the expert armour badge.
War Man

DeathUnlimited wrote:

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

How is it lame?
Come on guys, do you really think bf3 will be bf2 with better graphics?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Am I the only one who likes getting points for the awards? It gives you something as a reward other than shiny pixels in your profile. Even more incentive to work for it.
War Man
^Nope as I like it too
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

ruisleipa wrote:

Bevo wrote:

The expert armor badge wasn't changed, war collage was.
2juk
+12|5169

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

It's not lame. It's just too bad they just can't make a new game like the old games.
War Man

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

It's not lame. It's just too bad they just can't make a new game like the old games.
A game that is practically like it's predecessor just with a new engine does not exactly appease me.
2juk
+12|5169

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

A game that is practically like it's predecessor just with a new engine does not exactly appease me.
It does me. Just want BF2 with better graphics and maybe a few more maps.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

please no. i want a new game, if you want to play bf2... play bf2.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
2juk
+12|5169

Spark wrote:

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

please no. i want a new game, if you want to play bf2... play bf2.
I am right now. Try Battlefield Heroes. That's a new game Can't wait for BF3!!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

2juk wrote:

How can you not be sick of a 5 year old game? BC2 is a helluva lot better balanced than that game EVER was.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire

JohnG@lt wrote:

2juk wrote:

War Man wrote:

How can you not be sick of a 5 year old game? BC2 is a helluva lot better balanced than that game EVER was.
Mods help a lot with BF2. I get tired of regular BF2 so I play Point of Existence 2, AIX, etc. Then I go back to regular BF2. Repeat.. And just because it's 5 years old doesn't mean you have to be sick of it. I still go back to play SNES, N64, and Gamecube games... Hell, I still play Age of Empires 1 and 2 regularly.. Now I love BC2, but it hasn't had the same effect as BF2 had on me.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can
My God you children. BF2 was WAY more balanced than BC2 is. Especially vehicles. Example ? Choppers.

BC2 was balanced with consoles in mind. Example ? The knifing system.
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

Bevo wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Bevo wrote:

The expert armor badge wasn't changed, war collage was.
yeah I know, sorry I maybe didn't get your point. I'm just saying, expert armour is a bigger pain in the arse to get than war college. So's expert repair for that matter. But anyway...
2juk
+12|5169

TrashBlinD wrote:

My God you children.  BF2 was WAY more balanced than BC2 is.  Especially vehicles.
THANK YOU.  I completely agree.  But, to be fair BF2 has been out five years so they had A LOT of time to tweak it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TrashBlinD wrote:

My God you children. BF2 was WAY more balanced than BC2 is. Especially vehicles. Example ? Choppers.

Vehicles were way overpowered in BF2, especially air vehicles. No one should be able to go 19-1 without breaking a sweat just because they chose to fly.
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Vehicles were way overpowered in BF2, especially air vehicles. No one should be able to go 19-1 without breaking a sweat just because they chose to fly.
Wrong. The teams are unbalanced. If a decent pilot chooses to fly, if there's decent anti-air (Another chopper, a jet, someone who knows how to use AA) then they're not going to get 19-1. Positive K : D? Yes. Excessive? No.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

JohnG@lt wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Going 19-1 in bf2 is not special with or without vehicles.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
ruisleipa
+149|6214|teh FIN-land

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Going 19-1 in bf2 is not special with or without vehicles.
srsly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard