Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
So... I got this game on the day of release.  Came home, installed it, logged into my EA account.

When I tried to create a character called "Nyte", whoa, it was unavailable.

Someone had created a character with the same name as me and because I'm just so ownage, I'd like to somehow contact that person and get him/her to delete the character so I can create it for myself.

1. Is character deletion possible?
2. If not, can we move characters between EA accounts?
3. Does anyone know who owns the Nyte character?  I'd pay to get it back.

-The Real Nyte
Alpha as fuck.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

owned.
2juk
+12|5147
I think you might be able to delete charactors like in Battlefield 2142.  If so I don't think you'll be able to create a new one though because IF it's like 2142 you can retreive them.  Which means your just removing the name from your PC, not completely deleting it.  I'm not completely sure about Bad Company 2 though.  I'll look into it and get back to you bro
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
I'd actually pay up to $30 to get that name back (Yes, I'm that crazy).  I'll paypal whoever has it to delete it so I can create it on my end.  I have some pre-order bonuses that are tied to my account (as well as the limited edition) so the character has to be on my account.
Alpha as fuck.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
It could be anyone. Good luck finding out who it is.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
What, are you serious?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Superior Mind wrote:

What, are you serious?
Yes.  I've got cash to burn.
Alpha as fuck.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

Nyte wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

What, are you serious?
Yes.  I've got cash to burn.
So burn it. I'm sure you have matches or a lighter, or even a stove.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357

Nyte wrote:

I'd actually pay up to $30 to get that name back (Yes, I'm that crazy).  I'll paypal whoever has it to delete it so I can create it on my end.  I have some pre-order bonuses that are tied to my account (as well as the limited edition) so the character has to be on my account.
I assume you created some sort of account to play the game.  Try Adding them as a friend.  If they accept, you can join on them in game and chat...
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

GullyFoyle wrote:

Nyte wrote:

I assume you created some sort of account to play the game.  Try Adding them as a friend.  If they accept, you can join on them in game and chat...
yeah good call then u can bribe him with some moneyz
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Did you play the Beta, and have Nyte as a character in the Beta?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
GullyFoyle
+25|5357

Finray wrote:

Obviously not, if that were the case he would have it now, since names grabbed in the beta were reserved for retail.

But that does throw a wrench into my previous suggestion.  It's possible that someone grabbed that name in the beta, but never bought the full game.  In which case, they will never answer a friend request.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

GullyFoyle wrote:

Finray wrote:

Obviously not, if that were the case he would have it now, since names grabbed in the beta were reserved for retail.

But that does throw a wrench into my previous suggestion.  It's possible that someone grabbed that name in the beta, but never bought the full game.  In which case, they will never answer a friend request.
Well if he signed up two different e-mails, one for beta, one for full game..

Oh well, lesson learned, play the Beta next time
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
2juk
+12|5147

blademaster wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Nyte wrote:

yeah good call then u can bribe him with some moneyz
Ha! Yeah I'd sell you the name if it was me for 30 bucks! Thats a great deal. I just hope you'll be able to recreate the name after he deletes it .. Good luck!!

I'd like to know if this works btw. Keep us updated please

Last edited by 2juk (2010-03-04 19:19:13)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
I registered the names James and Jesus and probably won't buy the game
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6582|balls
i used a new tag for this game, kinda a start over from BF2 days.  how about "theorignal"nyte or something if you want it that bad?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Just use Nighty_Nyte instead
Mi4_Slayer
+5|6215
or Nyte with numbers or Us_Nythe, or Nythe_of_Doom
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
how about this corker

No_one_gives_a_shit_Nyte
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
My name is never taken. You should come up with something more original. Or steal something more obscure.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
nyte takes himself way too fucking seriously

you're playing a computer game not establishing a brand, gtfo
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
i did it

just send me the 30 bucks and include a self addressed stamped envelope and ill mail back the account details.
15 more years! 15 more years!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
you're confusing nyte for faggot mitch.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Mitch wrote:

i did it

just send me the 30 bucks and include a self addressed stamped envelope and ill mail back the account details.
I'll Paypal it if you can prove.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard