how often will you play bf2?

i will still play regularly30%30% - 36
ill play a few times a week with friends18%18% - 22
maybe once in a while, if im really bored31%31% - 38
im uninstalling, good riddance!20%20% - 24
Total: 120
Nihil
+15|5775|Malaga, Spain
I recently started playing again after a long hiatus, and it's as much fun as ever. I only discovered BF2 a couple of years ago, by which stage it was already old, and there's still a shitload of things I haven't done and maps I have barely played. I can't see myself getting bored any time soon. Haven't played BC2, don't know if i ever will.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I gave my key away. I much rather run BF42 If I ever feel nostalgic
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Now that I have signed up for the battlefield veterans program, I have been playing retro-games like BF2142 (still sucks IMO), BF2, and BF1943 (xbox). BF1943 is more enjoyable because it is not loaded with stats or unlocks so I can run around like a tard.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon
i haven't played bf2 since bc2 came out.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
still play regularly. the only game i do play regularly..
that may change once i can get xbl for xbox again. uni doesnt like bridging connections
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
BudyFX
+7|6517|Lost
I regret that I have bought BC2

So now I'm playing BF2 agian, after 2-3 years lol
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK
Bought bc2 and played it for a while. Had some rl stuff going on so logged back into ts agian and everyone was back in the MMO channels so im going back to playing BF2 on my tod when im bored agian. First pc fps ive ever played, did go back and try others but bf2 has everything, i'l most likely be hoping in sinple player in 10 years lols
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

Chou wrote:

I moved on a long time ago.
Lieutenant Colonel was the end for me as well as the most recent patches....
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Been thinking about playing today. I'm a few k away from the birdie, so I kind of want to go back and finish that up. Plus I need to experience some epicly large maps again. (However, the lack of destruction 2.0 will be frustrating)
killerdoomsky
+2|5350|a real place i made up
i've played bad company 2 but i still much rather play bf2.    moslty because i know the controls and my computer doesn't slow from the graphics. lol
Potato.
KNIFE=ON
+2|5093|United States
i only got bf2 a few months ago so i still play almost every single day.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
There's a lot about BC2 that pisses me off, that I don't get at all with BF2. I'm still playing it a lot.
killerdoomsky

Jaekus wrote:

There's a lot about BC2 that pisses me off, that I don't get at all with BF2. I'm still playing it a lot.
i have to agree with that strongly. i would rather play bf2 online and bfbc2 on single player, the graphics are too high for my comp to handle so it lags a ton even on low everything, how ever on bf2 i run very smoothly except for players with bad ping. stupid ppl.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
It's annoying that servers apparently don't kick high pingers.

My ping was in among the lowest 20% (about 130, but that equates to about a quarter of real ping) and we had 5 people with ping 500+, lagged the shit out of the server for an hour and no kick. So frustrating. Go play on a nearer server, noobs.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I've pretty much stopped playing BC2 and now I'm back to BF2, mainly PR and FH2. BC2 just...isn't good.
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5505|Cerbere Landing

Finray wrote:

Tbh I think only BF3 will be able to make me never look back to BF2.
I chose "I'll uninstall, good riddance!" but I think the quote above is true. I'll probably miss using some of my favorite weapons like the L85A1 and having rockets on the APC no matter what, having a commander, etc. Still waiting for Battlefield 3.
dill13
+67|6163

Vector wrote:

Finray wrote:

Tbh I think only BF3 will be able to make me never look back to BF2.
I chose "I'll uninstall, good riddance!" but I think the quote above is true. I'll probably miss using some of my favorite weapons like the L85A1 and having rockets on the APC no matter what, having a commander, etc. Still waiting for Battlefield 3.
But 8 of your 16 teammates are almost commanders with their uav balls and mini artillery strikes.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Since BFBC2, I think I only have played BF2 once when I was testing frame rates with Fraps in various games.
Seems like BF2 is capped out at ~80 fps on my machine with every in-game option and every setting in my drivers cranked up to the maximum.
I guess not even the next computer I buy will be able to run BFBC2 that way...

Also, I'm not even sure right now here at work if I have un-installed BF2 (together with BF2142) at home to make room for the Rockstar collection I bought on Steam recently.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
80 fps? BF2 caps out at 100-103 fps no matter what video settings I use.

I like BC2 but I sometimes still to this day get a thrill from BF2 that just isn't present in BC2, albeit rarer than I used to.
killerdoomsky

Jaekus wrote:

I like BC2 but I sometimes still to this day get a thrill from BF2 that just isn't present in BC2, albeit rarer than I used to.
i definitly agree with that theres just no thrill in the chopper in bfbc2 like their is in bf2, especially since the chopper can't flip to avoid missles and gunfire...  sigh...     but you can't blow up buildings in bf2 so each game has its ups and downs.
zennappi
+3|5554|FINLAND
ill play bf2 24/7
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I couldn't care less about blowing up buildings or shiny graphics, the end result is always worse gameplay.

In BF2 I either fly a jet or go as a sniper, I can always switch between either and never be bored with those 2 alone. Shame BF2 is getting less and less players in the servers now and I don't understand why, I've never played a game anywhere near close to it for enjoyment and lifespan- just because it's 5 years old shouldn't mean move on to other games for the sake of it being old.

Most of the people I've heard of playing BC2 actually prefer BF2, but they won't ever go back to it again. People should keep playing and keep the servers going it's a classic game, best game ever made imo
Games like Quake 3 haven't lost much population at all and that's well old, don't see why BF2's almost completely dead- it has an ever higher learning curve than Quake if you want to be good in vehicles and as inf, and you don't need to spend hundreds/thousands on a new rig to play them either.

Apart from BF3 (which will hopefully be BF2 with better graphics and more stuff) I can't see much of a good future for FPS games, they're running out of ideas and the gameplay will always get worse as they over complicate things trying to impress people, I like a mix of realism and fun that's why I like BF2, you can just aim and shoot and do whatever you like.
Adding things like sniper scope sway/hold breath is pointless realism- things like that wouldn't even happen in real life and make games slow and frustrating, especially if it's a new game and you can barely manage 60fps, then you got to fork out for an expensive new rig just to play it at a comfortable framerate.
Then you realise all these "impressive" new features quickly grow old and you're only focusing on the old skool style of quick and skilled play.
dill13
+67|6163

killerdoomsky wrote:

but you can't blow up buildings in bf2 so each game has its ups and downs.
i think of that as a positive but to each his own.

Last edited by dill13 (2010-05-15 10:05:04)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Once and awhile, if I'm bored. I've logged 700+ hours into BF2, so I'm pretty much done. BC2 did not in the slightest impact my experience with BF2. Not even a blip on the same radar.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
I went from being a BF2 addict to playing every few days-weeks after the 1.5 patch. The game pace dropped IMO too much... and no. I was not a dolphin diving, bunny hopper but I do miss the days when I could get out of the windows in Special Forces by jump-crouch or jump proning threw them.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-05-20 20:28:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard