im uninstalling, good riddance!20%20% - 24
Total: 120
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

jsnipy wrote:

War Man wrote:

BF2 is old.
your mom is old, yet you still love her, amarite?
Yes, but some old stuff I don't like.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
good riddance tbh
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
It's not good riddance, it's like watching your best friend die of prostate cancer
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Will no one miss the jets? Or the framerates? I personally prefer older games to newer ones because of how smooth they run, and gameplay > graphics to me.
But what do I know I haven't even played BC2, just heard people with GTX295's can barely get 60fps
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

and gameplay > graphics to me.
I am not the only one?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Lucien wrote:

It's not good riddance, it's like watching your best friend die of prostate cancer
we were only friends because of his money
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Will no one miss the jets? Or the framerates? I personally prefer older games to newer ones because of how smooth they run, and gameplay > graphics to me.
But what do I know I haven't even played BC2, just heard people with GTX295's can barely get 60fps
Ugh' jets

do not want

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-03-06 18:54:36)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Ugh' jets

do not want
I always wanted a BF2 with no flying machines. Probably why I LOVE karkand w/ veh.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Ugh' jets

do not want
I always wanted a BF2 with no flying machines. Probably why I LOVE karkand w/ veh.
Meh roflcopters are OK with me... but jets were abit ghey...

And the scarcity of vehicles vs the amount of people who wanted to drive them was fooked in BF2
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

I haven't played since last April. I do miss blowing the hell out of everyone (well, except you steelie ) on EF & AF, especially Great Wall & Harvest.
Although it was playing with certain people that made it better than awesome. Squads, with AT-Mines and Scout Helis. Good times.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I think the main problem with the successors of BF2 is, that they did improve certain aspects, but yet failed to maintain some things that made BF2 special.

And I fear that it will be the same with BF3. It'll be great in many ways, but won't be the same as BF2 actually.
I hope that DICE will really develop BF3 from ground up as a PC title - and PC-only for that matter.
But with the recent "consoliaztion" of the gaming industry and the demand from publishers for more console cash cows that can be milked every year with sequels, I'm quite in doubt that we will see a great PC Battlefield anytime soon.
H3RB4L ABU53
But jets are what makes BF2 good, even if you don't fly. When I first played the BF2 demo on Gulf of Oman I could hear jets in the background and thought they were just ambient noise to add atmosphere lol back then I didn't think they would be controlled by humans, the scale of the game amazed me.
Without jets helis rape everything, they can circle around spawns and constantly spawn kill so you need something to distract them.
Not to mention jets make it a game for everyone, I can't stand flying choppers, and jets are used in real life war as well so BF isn't really complete without them.
I suppose this is Bad Company and not BF3 though, if I had a good enough comp to play BC2 at a high framerate then I probably would, simply because BF2 looks dated, and most servers clear out within minutes, but maybe I am one of the few but I like the way BF2 plays, I like the controls, I like the way it's arcadey and fast, I'm used to the netcode- I actually like it, apart from updated graphics I will stay happy playing BF2 until BF3

globefish23 wrote:

I'm quite in doubt that we will see a great PC Battlefield anytime soon.
By the way the said "it will blow us away" I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. I don't think EA are completely stupid (please don't quote that) they can see why so many people love BF2.
It will obviously have destructable environments, I think they will maybe tweak and include the classic maps and add new ones, add new jets and helis and keep some of if not all the original ones, same with the weapons.
I think they should keep the kit classes the way they are, and keep the fast gameplay e.g no serious delay in scoping in with the sniper rifle and no COD style "hold breath to steady" things, and no slow proning etc.
Things that slow an online multiplayer game down is what makes it fail imo, you can still have the same experience with quick controls it's just a lot less frustrating to play.
One thing I couldn't stand about COD games is that the whole game is fast, yet if you want to go prone in a corner of a room or next to a table, you can't, and by the time you've pressed that button and realised you've failed to go prone you're dead. I couldn't care less if the bottom half of your body glitched through a wall like I said to me it's all about fast gameplay.
I'm hoping BF3 will be everything we want (BF2 but more and better) I'm just bit worried the way new games are going, it seems they tweak everything and completely change what makes a "classic" game, why do you think more people play UT2004 than UT3 it's the most basic of things that makes a game good, and spending what seems like most of their time on making the graphics and physics amazing doesn't always equal to more fun, and that's what games should be about I think

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2010-03-07 07:33:08)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Hmm let me do the sums and calculations:

Yep divide that by 3 and again by 1.5, times it by days i have internet, double than on alternative weekends i stay at my dads, subtract time drinking, move them numbers to brackets, add some algebra, move the e to an f, move some money around in my swiss bank accounts, review my bilderberg membership, incorporate time i need to pass indigenously with the locals, consider the planetary alignments this April.

Yep got the answer after 14 hours of deliberation and 3000 pounds spent on a mathematician.

I'm going to be playing bf2..... fuck all.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
As often as I can.

BC2 is good, but it's too much like COD4/CSS. I'm having fun with it, but I can't see it holding my attention for 2500 hours like BF2 did/is.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

but maybe I am one of the few but I like the way BF2 plays, I like the controls, I like the way it's arcadey and fast, I'm used to the netcode- I actually like it, apart from updated graphics I will stay happy playing BF2 until BF3
Indeed. I only hate the netcode when I can't register to some random german laying prone on a street. I love the netcode when I can dodge 5 guys spraying at me by moving appropriately.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5153|Hague City Firm - Holland
On my desktop, BF2 is gone but certainly not forgotten!!
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

But jets are what makes BF2 good, even if you don't fly. When I first played the BF2 demo on Gulf of Oman I could hear jets in the background and thought they were just ambient noise to add atmosphere lol back then I didn't think they would be controlled by humans, the scale of the game amazed me.
Without jets helis rape everything, they can circle around spawns and constantly spawn kill so you need something to distract them.
Not to mention jets make it a game for everyone, I can't stand flying choppers, and jets are used in real life war as well so BF isn't really complete without them.
I suppose this is Bad Company and not BF3 though, if I had a good enough comp to play BC2 at a high framerate then I probably would, simply because BF2 looks dated, and most servers clear out within minutes, but maybe I am one of the few but I like the way BF2 plays, I like the controls, I like the way it's arcadey and fast, I'm used to the netcode- I actually like it, apart from updated graphics I will stay happy playing BF2 until BF3

globefish23 wrote:

I'm quite in doubt that we will see a great PC Battlefield anytime soon.
By the way the said "it will blow us away" I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. I don't think EA are completely stupid (please don't quote that) they can see why so many people love BF2.
It will obviously have destructable environments, I think they will maybe tweak and include the classic maps and add new ones, add new jets and helis and keep some of if not all the original ones, same with the weapons.
I think they should keep the kit classes the way they are, and keep the fast gameplay e.g no serious delay in scoping in with the sniper rifle and no COD style "hold breath to steady" things, and no slow proning etc.
Things that slow an online multiplayer game down is what makes it fail imo, you can still have the same experience with quick controls it's just a lot less frustrating to play.
One thing I couldn't stand about COD games is that the whole game is fast, yet if you want to go prone in a corner of a room or next to a table, you can't, and by the time you've pressed that button and realised you've failed to go prone you're dead. I couldn't care less if the bottom half of your body glitched through a wall like I said to me it's all about fast gameplay.
I'm hoping BF3 will be everything we want (BF2 but more and better) I'm just bit worried the way new games are going, it seems they tweak everything and completely change what makes a "classic" game, why do you think more people play UT2004 than UT3 it's the most basic of things that makes a game good, and spending what seems like most of their time on making the graphics and physics amazing doesn't always equal to more fun, and that's what games should be about I think
have you been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder yet?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
bf2 will always be one of the greatest game ever
H3RB4L ABU53

Miggle wrote:

have you been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder yet?
Bit personal don't you think lol
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
havent played bf2 in long time kind of miss it but meh got school and other shit to worry about.....
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States
besides the shitty netcode and a few bugs here and there its one of the best games ever.

havent played in about a year though.

im hoping BF3 will be similar to BF2 considering bad company 1/2 (shit game) wasnt even a true battlefield game and the first one was only for the consoles anyway.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

androoz wrote:

besides the shitty netcode and a few bugs here and there its one of the best games ever.

havent played in about a year though.

im hoping BF3 will be similar to BF2 considering bad company 1/2 (shit game) wasnt even a true battlefield game and the first one was only for the consoles anyway.
everyone complains about it but still plays it because it is one of the best games evar
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Uninstalled after 1.5 made the hitreg fubar.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
nevar
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

Stingray24 wrote:

Uninstalled after 1.5 made the hitreg fubar.
wasnt it supposed to actually help a little? or was that just a placebo effect thingy they did?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard