Bevo
Nah
+718|6533|Austin, Texas

Mekstizzle wrote:

Aztlan shall rise again

Maybe the Tex-Mex food joints would improve, you always hear dodgy things about them even in this thread, is it really true though? Are they really nuclear on the digestive system?
taco bell isnt no fucking tex mex

real mexican food and texmex is awesome.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6729|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Bevo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Aztlan shall rise again

Maybe the Tex-Mex food joints would improve, you always hear dodgy things about them even in this thread, is it really true though? Are they really nuclear on the digestive system?
taco bell isnt no fucking tex mex

real mexican food and texmex is awesome.
Also, this^

It you want something much closer to fast food Tex Mex, try Taco Cabana.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2010-02-24 11:32:00)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

How do you guys know of all these places if you've never been there?

Chipotle is solid fast food.  S O L I D.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6693|Disaster Free Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Amazing fact 302:
Some people travel overseas... even to the US.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5370|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Bevo wrote:

ew
And some Dick's for the night before the morning after.
Don't forget to take some from Five Guys.
They just opened a store near me. Yum.

I just had Burger King for lunch. Dollar menu ftw.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yeah I was going to say, it's hardly like eating at McDonalds or Taco Bell. Same goes for In-N-Out.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6726|Purplicious Wisconsin
You guys want some Culver's? They got better burgers than McDonalds and delicious Ice Cream and shakes.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Amazing fact 302:
I don't believe you.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6644|Finland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Amazing fact 302:
I don't believe you.
They're called aeroplanes, an amazing invention.
I need around tree fiddy.
Chou
+737|6803
So I'm walking out of a Mc Donalds and go right back in cause i'm hungry..
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

ghettoperson wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Apparently it costs Chipotle $900k to open a new restaurant. I have a feeling two or three years ago I might have been able to persuade a bank to lend me that kind of cash, but not anymore.
let me know I might chip in
Well we would need some Mexicans to run it. So you could help there.
Pfft.  All the Mexican joints here in SoCal are owned by the Asians.  The workers, yes, are Mexican.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6644|Finland

Chou wrote:

So I'm walking out of a Mc Donalds and go right back in cause i'm hungry..
Because you burped.
I need around tree fiddy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

let me know I might chip in
Pfft.  All the Mexican joints here in SoCal are owned by the Asians.  The workers, yes, are Mexican.
Taco King is three blocks away from me and is owned and staffed by Asians. Even the shape of the menu is identical to the one at the Chinese food place two doors down

The food is terrible.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Taco King is three blocks away from me and is owned and staffed by Asians. Even the shape of the menu is identical to the one at the Chinese food place two doors down

The food is terrible.
Taco King or King Taco?  King Taco over here is awesome.

While I was in Northern Ireland last summer, we ordered delivery from a Thai place.  Ordered instore early for dinner delivery.  Definitely owned by Asians, but the delivery guy was Irish.  What a role reversal.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

The food is terrible.
Taco King or King Taco?  King Taco over here is awesome.

While I was in Northern Ireland last summer, we ordered delivery from a Thai place.  Ordered instore early for dinner delivery.  Definitely owned by Asians, but the delivery guy was Irish.  What a role reversal.
Taco King. Pretty sure it's not a chain. There's one French/Thai place around here that's pretty good but I've only eaten there once. My gf was sweating over her meal and I was asking for more heat in mine Hers wasn't spicy at all, she's just a wuss
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

Some things I can say about McDonalds in Asia and Europe.  The bathrooms are definitely cleaner than the ones here in the States.  And the service in Asian McDonalds are just great.  Sir and Ma'am galore.  You sometimes need a translator in SoCal.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-02-24 12:35:15)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6751|Toronto | Canada

Dunno what this Chipotle thing is, but Canada's Tim Horton's is ftw
eleven bravo
+1,399|5271|foggy bottom
mexican food + lots of bbq sauce + ground beef + lots of hard shell tortillas= tex mex
Tu Stultus Es
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6361|Belfast

Ilocano wrote:

Northern Ireland? Summer?

Oh aye, that's a common occurrence.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6679

henno13 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Northern Ireland? Summer?

Oh aye, that's a common occurrence.
Yeah, according to my brother-in-law, we managed to visit on that most rare of periods when the sun was out.  I'm told celebrations were abound and sacrifices/effigies were made.  When they visit us, saids wife spends most of the time poolside.

eleven bravo wrote:

mexican food + lots of bbq sauce + ground beef + lots of hard shell tortillas= tex mex
Yeah, Americans really don't know Mexican food until they've actually gone south of Tijuana.  Even just down to Ensenada, the idea of Mexican food completely changes.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6657
because they see how fat Americans are and they dont want to be like that but srsly prob. because of uncertainty if the business will pick up
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6520
i like tim hortons
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6509

Ilocano wrote:

Even just down to Ensenada, the idea of Mexican food completely changes.
my wifes uncle has a house down by San Jose del Cabo. the first time i went to Ensenada, i was asked to try a fish taco - i was 'wtf?' and now i can't eat them here. and i found out what real chili verde is like. . .

as far as exporting, i think the business model travels well, just the selection is left to be desired.
Commie Killer
+192|6399

Mekstizzle wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Bevo wrote:

ew
And some Dick's for the night before the morning after.
Don't forget to take some from Five Guys.
Damn right dude. Five guys is awesome.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6683|UK
They had wendys here about 10 years ago, it failed as a business so exited the UK market.  It's now KFC.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard