Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
My parents have offered to send me to Europe for a week this summer at no cost to myself, so I'm looking for destination suggestions. I'll be with 2 friends, and neither are not concerned with cost. I'm really not going to get drunk or go to clubs (I can do enough of that here), so I'm asking for the region with the best tourist experience. We can travel around as much as is needed, but we're noobs, so it would have to be a pretty simple schedule.

No particular affinity for any area of Europe, just looking for the best experience of Europe possible in a week.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Italy. Lots of good stuff around that area.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

I definitely recommend Prague, definitely the most beautiful city I've ever been to.
Chou
+737|6782
Go to Greece, rent a car and cross the border to Bulgaria during the night, I promise you an experience you'll never forget.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

If you only have one week.. ..France or Italy? Try getting an extra week in there and Interrail through Eastern/Central Europe.

There's not much to see in the Nordic countries, but if you decide to make the trip nevertheless, give us a ring why don't ya.
I need around tree fiddy.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
Alright, I'll throw in my vote for Italy. I think one friend wants to go to France, though. What's the word on Paris?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
full of assholes.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Pochsy wrote:

Alright, I'll throw in my vote for Italy. I think one friend wants to go to France, though. What's the word on Paris?
Don't get drugged by some Parisian dude and forced into a ring of underground sex slavery.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

ha ha, he said "forced"
Chou
+737|6782

burnzz wrote:

ha ha, he said "forced"
is french for "begged"
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

ebug9 wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Don't get drugged by some Parisian dude and forced into a ring of underground sex slavery.
I feel like I could work my way up the ranks to become a boss of some sort, you know, start in a brothel and gain some valuable experience at the heart of the operation...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
A subset of:

Barcelona -> Paris -> Amsterdam -> Berlin -> Prague -> Vienna -> Venice -> Rome
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5465|Ventura, California
Switzerland has beautiful landscape and you might be interested by some of the ski resorts. Lucerne is beautiful, it's a great place to walk by.

I would suggest something along the lines of:

France (Alsace region is beautiful) then cross the boarder into Switzerland, there's tons of places you can visit here, then head North into Germany and the Black forest. After that I don't know.

Some good American friends of mine spent a few weeks in Europe. They visited Austria, the Eagle's Nest, then Germany, France and Switzerland.

Which part of Europe intrigues you the most? Western or Eastern?

When I was in Alsace for two days with our school we visited just about everything on this page it was just beauuuutiful.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-02-22 15:38:15)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5973|Toronto
Avoid Paris. At this age, it's a crappy city. It is only fun once you get old.

I'd suggest maybe Barcelona, if you can stand the crowds. Krakow (Poland) is beautiful, and there's lots of cool touristy things around there. Else, Vienna.

When do you plan to go?
I like pie.
Brasso
+1,549|6622

amsterdam

another vote for italian and spanish cities

Last edited by haffeysucks (2010-02-22 16:25:10)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

CameronPoe wrote:

A subset of:

Very nice list.

Venice is a must-see imo, and Rome is probably my favorite city in Europe. I'd also recomend Madrid, I loved that city. Haven't had the chance to visit Barcelona yet, though.

Seeing as you wanted something simple and noob-friendly, I'd ditch Germany/Holland/Austria, and do Spain and Italy + Prague and France if you have time.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

TSI wrote:

I'd suggest maybe Barcelona.
Lol, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Barcelona..  

Tbh I much preferred Portugal over Spain. The people seemed.. just.. nicer. That being said, the scenery in Spain's Andalusian region was fucking
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6438|Amsterdam‫
Venice, Amsterdam
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6465|Kakanien
paris
roma
firenze
london
praha
berlin
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6654|Groningen, The Netherlands
Here's what I'd like to do some day, make my way down to the Gorges du Tarn in France. Been there when I was young, good memories, beautiful places. Then I'd drive down to the Mediterranean coast, maybe go to Marseilles or so, and from there drive along the coast via Nice and Genova all the way to Rome.
Should be epic

Might be a bit hard to get organized and done in a week tho
Just visit Rome .
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Iceland.

We need the tourist money.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6465|Kakanien

Pochsy wrote:

one of the greatest cities in the world. do it
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6353|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
Been to Italy twice.  Rome is awesome, Florence is pretty good, and Sorrento was absolutely amazing, very relaxing city and decently close to Florence by rail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorrento
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto

TSI wrote:

When do you plan to go?
It will likely be in late August. We're trying to plan well in advance to get good/cheap reservations with the early reservations and to make sure we are able to quit summer jobs (1 guy is doig research in the Chem department, so he can't just bail on them).

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, there are a lot of cities listed I would certainly have overlooked, seeing as I'm using resources geared to nub tourists.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

CameronPoe wrote:

A subset of:

Cardiff -> Barry Island

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard