Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

DrunkFace wrote:

killer21 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

That's ok to dissagree. But why BF2/BF3 for inf only though? Why not a FPS game? Is it just the stats tracking aspect of it that you like?
No not necessarily just for the stats.  There have been plenty of times I played on IO servers that weren't being tracked for stat purposes.  I just like the fact that I can go and fly a heli for a while in one server then go to another server and get into some good 'ole fashion FPS action. 
There's nothing stopping you playing infantry in a normal server.
Aside from being completely dominated by those in vehicles and the fact that you'll move as quickly as an ant in comparison, sure.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6692|Disaster Free Zone

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

killer21 wrote:

No not necessarily just for the stats.  There have been plenty of times I played on IO servers that weren't being tracked for stat purposes.  I just like the fact that I can go and fly a heli for a while in one server then go to another server and get into some good 'ole fashion FPS action. 
Aside from being completely dominated by those in vehicles and the fact that you'll move as quickly as an ant in comparison, sure.
QQ poor little baby keeps getting raped by the big ol tank because he refuses to spawn as AT.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6724|Purplicious Wisconsin

Bevo wrote:

and pretty graphics like bf:bc2 with awesome sound, please.

and no medics with AKs

Or lmg's either I'm guessing? I don't have too much a problem with medic having lmg as it gave it a unique gun.

Last edited by War Man (2010-02-22 13:24:07)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Laika
+75|5954
I want to see more game modes and dynamic battlefields. Having objectives (such as 2142 did with the titans) would be cool too.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

QQ poor little baby keeps getting raped by the big ol tank because he refuses to spawn as AT.
nice shit AT KDR you have there pal
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6608|Seattle

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Nice troll there pal

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Did I say that? No. All I said was playing as infantry on a vehicle server is not the same experience as playing on an IO server. Nothing wrong with wanting variety.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

King_County_Downy wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Nice troll there pal

DON'T YOU MODERATE ME PAL
War Man

Laika wrote:

I want to see more game modes and dynamic battlefields. Having objectives (such as 2142 did with the titans) would be cool too.
Like destroying the enemy's navy? And controlling big ships except for aircraft carrier.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5607|Vacationland
I hope I'll have a PC that can run it when it comes out

Last edited by Narupug (2010-02-22 13:30:45)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Hopefully it's set in WW2 or Vietnam/Korea.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6359|Belfast
This is great news

Now, I just need to upgrade my PC, becasue console gaming can go and suck it once this comes out hopefully next year.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

They should make it take place during the American Civil War Load your muskets gents!
-Frederick Bastiat
Laika
+75|5954

War Man wrote:

Laika wrote:

Like destroying the enemy's navy? And controlling big ships except for aircraft carrier.
Yeah shit like that would be cool.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Laika wrote:

War Man wrote:

Laika wrote:

Yeah shit like that would be cool.
Go play 1942
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6557
I fear they will completely ruin the air vehicles. Chopper hasn't been the same since 2142 and they kept the same formula for BC2.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5519|America

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I fear they will completely ruin the air vehicles. Chopper hasn't been the same since 2142 and they kept the same formula for BC2.
I'm happy with the chopper nerf. Tanks actually have a chance.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
Honestly, the TV Missile was probably the stupidest and most overpowered thing they put into the game.

And of course everyone cried when they nerfed it,
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5484|Ventura, California

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

They should make it take place during the American Civil War Load your muskets gents!
1 vs 1

Both players come around the corner, aim @ each other from 10 ft away.

FIREEE

PSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEW PSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

Cloud of smoke disappears after 30 seconds

Reloading

2 minutes later

5 ft away

PSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

[G. Lee] 1865 Musket [Gen Sherman]

[Gen Sherman] "Fucking hitreg"
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Honestly, the TV Missile was probably the stupidest and most overpowered thing they put into the game.

I could give a fuck about the TV missile, I'd like to see their maneuverability back

it's literally impossible to do a barrel roll in bc2, you can't even fucking circle strafe because you're flying a big air yacht. yeah I know it's not the same game but looking at the trend from BF2 -> SF -> 2142 -> BC2, it's more and more dumbed down.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I'd like some proper chopper mechanics, something that actually takes skill to master and some little eTard can't just come on his 'ol bro's game and pwn with uber TV missiles.

The TV missiles weren't over powered, the problem was there was nothing to counter it with. Static AA? Don't make me laugh! Those things weren't worth a thing and all the pilot had to do was deploy flares and point the gunner @ the AA.

Also you couldn't kill a chopper with two AA missiles, you had to RELOAD, then you could hopefully (If you're still alive) take down the chopper.

Imagine sniping the tail rotor with an M95 and watching the sucker spin to it's death.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'd like some proper chopper mechanics, something that actually takes skill to master and some little eTard can't just come on his 'ol bro's game and pwn with uber TV missiles.

The TV missiles weren't over powered, the problem was there was nothing to counter it with. Static AA? Don't make me laugh! Those things weren't worth a thing and all the pilot had to do was deploy flares and point the gunner @ the AA.

Also you couldn't kill a chopper with two AA missiles, you had to RELOAD, then you could hopefully (If you're still alive) take down the chopper.

Imagine sniping the tail rotor with an M95 and watching the sucker spin to it's death.
Mounted mg on a vodnik or noobtube. Hard to pull off but once you do it's like bamn!

MW2 is so full of retards, people go around in "clans" stomping on pubs acting all hard and shit.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

wah1188 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Mounted mg on a vodnik or noobtube. Hard to pull off but once you do it's like bamn!

MW2 is so full of retards, people go around in "clans" stomping on pubs acting all hard and shit.
Mounted HMGs on vodniks were synonym to "Suicide. A good pilot would fly high and slowly forward. The gunner just needed to wait until he either spotted something moving, or see an idiot in a vodnik with a trail of tracers leading to him so he could right click and sent a KD ruiner your way.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6557

Bevo wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I could give a fuck about the TV missile, I'd like to see their maneuverability back

it's literally impossible to do a barrel roll in bc2, you can't even fucking circle strafe because you're flying a big air yacht. yeah I know it's not the same game but looking at the trend from BF2 -> SF -> 2142 -> BC2, it's more and more dumbed down.
Exactly. I could care less about what it's armed with as long as it kills. I want to be able to roll and circle strafe on a dime again.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
War Man

Blade4509 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I'm happy with the chopper nerf. Tanks actually have a chance.
Um, Choppers are overpowered in the BC2 Beta.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard