bt496
+2|5218
O.K. i have been trying to learn how to seat switch in helicopters. i watch a bunch of videos on how to do it, but i can never get past one problem. EVERY TIME i try to seat switch, the helicopter starts to spin. I don't even have time to target anything before it starts to spin. I watch tons of people online that can seat switch amazingly and they almost never go into an uncontrollable spin. Am i doing something wrong?
Any help is appreciated
androoz
Banned
+137|5220|United States
practice and learn how to do it faster... only way to be honest.

i learned 4 years ago when i was literally 10 years old so i dont really remember. back then i used f2 and all that but when i used to play i got a mouse with side buttons for seat changing.

could switch seats and get a TV missile going in less than 0.5 seconds which is normal for most people.
bt496
+2|5218
Thanks! I guess i just need to practice some more
androoz
Banned
+137|5220|United States

bt496 wrote:

Thanks! I guess i just need to practice some more
yeah its just muscle memory basically. practice in singleplayer or on an empty server.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6604|Seattle

Also tilting the helicoptor a bit to the left before switching seats will slow down the rotation
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Get a pilot/gunner tbh.

A good combo will rape a seat switcher any time, because the seat switcher can't evade.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
If you know how to barrel roll, Do two fast barrel rolls and in the midst of the third one switch seats and shoot a tv missle as fast as you can, by the time you kill the other chopper you'll just be finished barrel rolling, and he'll go wtf hax
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
tilt the nose back right before you fire.  your heli will turn 180 degrees and fly away from the enemy.  it's the only way to effectively fight against a good pilot in the other heli.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

Sydney wrote:

Get a pilot/gunner tbh.

A good combo will rape a seat switcher any time, because the seat switcher can't evade.
seat switcher can't evade? lol
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
bt496
+2|5218
Thanks, i'll have to try all of these on an empty server.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6247|Man Diego

The best tactic for the single seat is the one Steelie gave.  You want to set your copter up to fade away from your shot, so you end up being out of range for another chopper trying to shoot you down.  This is something that only experience can help you with.  Obviously you shouldn't expect to try to fade away from a copter that is only 100 feet away from you, as you can't get out of range in time.

To get the helicopter to stop spinning, don't seat switch while hovering in a still manner.  If you want to go into your shot, tilt the copter's nose slightly into the shot.  If you want to fade away, tilt the copter's nose back.  I would personally look for a chopper mod server.  I know [nM] had one, but I haven't played it lately to know if it is still there.  If you go looking for it, make sure you aren't searching for a "ranked" game as it is a mod & unranked.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
my fav pasttime is soloing the apache on gator.  rape rape rape rape rape
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
androoz
Banned
+137|5220|United States
back in the day... me solo chaingunning in the mi on sharqi.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5795|Catherine Black
You don't switch, then aim, THEN fire, you aim, then switch, then fire.

Flying.. flying.. target spotted. Turn slightly left to counter spin, Press F2, Press RMB, Press LMB. After a bit of practice you get get this knocked out in well under a second. After that it's a case of hitting your target. Be aware of how high you are before you fire, can't remember how many times I've jumped into the gunner seat, and then halfway through the TV missile blown up as my copter hit a tree.. or the ground.

(Makes me laugh getting a killmessage after that happens though ^^)
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard