Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
Hate:
Rust <=will leave a the game lobby if its not skipped. Its like I/O 64 Karkand for all those who played BF2 IMO. Spam everywhere.
Underpass <=You are forced to run out in the open to get across the map. Half your care packages end up on the overpass.

Like:
Skidrow <= I dislike going inside the center building because of that long hallway that all rooms connect to.
Invasion <= Almost feels like Im playing CoD4 again
Karachi <= I find a new place almost every time I play this to shot from
Sub base

I really don't like Favela because of all the random rooftops people can shoot from, but I don't hate it.

Wasteland is okay but you have  to run around the outside of the map and attempt to flank the enemy if you want to do good. Going inside the bunker is death sentence since everyone spams nades, flashes, stuns, and other explosives. Good luck taking cover from aircraft on that map as well.

Derail is kind of annoying as well. Everyone just camps in about three locations.

Same case with terminal. People just camp in about 3-4 locations so that if you try to go anywhere you get shot. This is another map that sucks for trying to get care packages. If you are outside there is almost nowhere to hide until you can pick it up. If you try to get it inside sometimes it will not be dropped on the glass roof.

All others I really don't care either way about. Ill play them if they come up just because I can tolerate them.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-02-15 14:06:47)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Underpass <=Half your care packages end up on the overpass.
Only if you're a retard.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450

Finray wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Only if you're a retard.
Okay let me clarify. Most of the spots you would want to get your car packages dropped have that stupid half built highway covering them. The only half decent spot to get them is near the trains and the empty parking lot. All other maps except Terminal it is pretty easy to get your care packages dropped without going into the open to get them. Only a window licker who rides the short bus would like this crap map.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Finray wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Only if you're a retard.
Okay let me clarify. Most of the spots you would want to get your car packages dropped have that stupid half built highway covering them. The only half decent spot to get them is near the trains and the empty parking lot. All other maps except Terminal it is pretty easy to get your care packages dropped without going into the open to get them. Only a window licker who rides the short bus would like this crap map.
terminal is the easiest map to use care packages on.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

terminal is the easiest map to use care packages on.
or derailed...unless you're an idiot and drop it by the big building in the middle.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

One has to be a retard to drop a care package on an unreachable place in any map. I mean how hard is it to look up before throwing that marker?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5478|America
Terminal is best map ever. Scrapyard is worst.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6148|Wisconsin
Skidrow and Terminal are the best
Rust is never in rotation..
And I absolutely hate underpass and estate
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
Rust only shows up in team deathmatch. Ive played it plenty of times enough to know why it sucks so much. In most cases as soon as you spawn you may get 5 steps before 5 people shoot at you from at least 4 different directions. Everything you do on that map results in death. Terminal is the easiest map to have a care package dropped, but how likely is it someone to be right there to shoot you as soon as you go for it. The outside portion of the map should have been made bigger. Take Karachi for example. You can find plenty of areas not normally frequented by gun fire to have a package dropped or use AC-130/Chopper gunner without being in the middle of the action. There are maybe 3 spots on Terminal I would even try to use them on, and that's near the medal detectors, inside the jet, or in the back of the restaurant.

Personally I think Invasion and Karachi are the best to maps, followed by Skidrow.

I'm almost willing to put money on these maps sucking so much because IW wants release the CoD4 maps and some new ones for sale. Its all about the money. They know the maps suck but the gameplay is addictive, so they held out on all the good maps. Think about all the possible places you went threw on the game. I could see the prison, the burning capitol, and the suburban neighborhood all being a big hits if they were maps.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-02-15 19:52:20)

ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

I'm almost willing to put money on these maps sucking so much because IW wants release the CoD4 maps and some new ones for sale. Its all about the money. They know the maps suck but the gameplay is addictive, so they held out on all the good maps. Think about all the possible places you went threw on the game. I could see the prison, the burning capitol, and the suburban neighborhood all being a big hits if they were maps.
I reckon you're partly right. For sure there'll be some map pack that ps3 and 360 owners will have to shell out hand over fist for. That sucks. much nicer to be on PC where you normally get that shit for free.

I don't think 'all' the good maps they kept behind though, some of these ones are good. Just wish there was a way to filter which maps you wanna play. I almost always log out when Estate comes on...

in any case I'll prolly pay for the maps on my ps3, just to have some damn variety. Funny how 16 maps feels like 3 after a while.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

ruisleipa wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

I reckon you're partly right. For sure there'll be some map pack that ps3 and 360 owners will have to shell out hand over fist for. That sucks. much nicer to be on PC where you normally get that shit for free.

I don't think 'all' the good maps they kept behind though, some of these ones are good. Just wish there was a way to filter which maps you wanna play. I almost always log out when Estate comes on...

in any case I'll prolly pay for the maps on my ps3, just to have some damn variety. Funny how 16 maps feels like 3 after a while.
I'd be very surprised if PC got the map pack free, iirc we only got cod4's for free because nvidia pitched in.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Yeah didn't nvidia sponsor the maps?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5478|America
Even if they charge for maps, the PC community will find some way to get them free.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

Miggle wrote:

I'd be very surprised if PC got the map pack free, iirc we only got cod4's for free because nvidia pitched in.
oh right, I didn't know that, thanks.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

I spent $60 for a PC game

If that map pack costs less than $20 I'd be stunned
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast
My favorite maps are Sub Base, Derail, Skidrow and Terminal (camping in the plane ftw)
The only maps that I hate are Quarry and Underpass, they are terrible.

Every other map is neither good nor bad.

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Rust <=will leave a the game lobby if its not skipped. Its like I/O 64 Karkand for all those who played BF2 IMO. Spam everywhere.
lol
If the PC had dedicated servers, imagine 64 player Rust. It can't be as bad as this:

Last edited by henno13 (2010-02-18 06:31:53)

ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

henno13 wrote:

If the PC had dedicated servers, imagine 64 player Rust. It can't be as bad as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6sXnYp … re=related
lol holy shit.

looks friggin horrible!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

Shipment FFA was an epic statpadder map, good for getting those last headshots with any weapon
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
Rust seems that bad at times, especially if someone gets a Spectre gunship or an Apache gunship.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-02-26 20:05:10)

Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5436|Qld, Australia
Rust is the best full stop. all the others are average
JohnJohnson747
Forced Induction???
+10|5142
I like highrise, favela, invasion, sub base, and a few others. Worst maps are derailed, estate, underpass and wasteland.

If I had to pick one map as my favorite, probably highrise. Worst is easily wasteland. Estate is terrible, but I did get a 40 kill streak on it once, so it can't be the worst. Afghan is pretty bad too.

Skidrow is pretty annoying too, the hallways is a shotgun, knife, tube and nade fest. And lets not forget the guy at the stairs who has a LMG and just sprays down the hall all round.

Map design isn't IW's forte.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
I've started to like rust - had a game on PC yesterday where I ran up to the top of the tower with my LMG and got a chopper gunner kill streak followed by about 22 kills with that. Fuckin hilarious for me, probably sucked balls for the other team. Getting a chopper or AC130 on that map is raep.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard