Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5805|Catherine Black

Another link.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6316

rdx-fx wrote:

Not taking a dig at Backupwayback personally, but..

What The Fuck?

Why do people feel the need to watch video of other people getting killed?

The text description of it was enough to get the idea.

Hang around the planet for a few decades, you'll likely get to see someone horribly mangled or killed in an accident, in a way that you're forced to be part of it.  No sense in actually looking for that kind of shit.
i didnt look for it.  Sum1 posted a link i clicked.

I wanted to see the corner and the safety measures.

But i really dont think any1 can do anything to make it safer
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6286
God that's horrible. I don't want to watch the video.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5805|Catherine Black

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

God that's horrible. I don't want to watch the video.
My video isn't that bad, since it was aired on a news channel.. they cut out the really bad stuff.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
Jesus Christ, the Olympic Committee DMCA'd the video?

That's fucking morbid.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6461|The Land of Scott Walker
Always thought the luge guys had some balls ... going that fast on what's essentially a sled ... seems that covering/blocking off those polls would be smart.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6594|Columbus, OH
just say it on LiveLeak.com
Even if he stayed on the track, at that rate of speed, he would of been killed or in a coma.
Luge seems to be a death-race. You take your chances and weigh the risk to reward factor.
RIP Dude
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
You know shit just got real when someone hits a foot thick iron pillar so hard it actually chimes
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada
Yes it is a dangerous sport.
Yes it is a fast track.
Yes many more people have successfully ridden that track.
No, should anybody be held responsible for his death.

They know the risks of this sport just like a skydiver, racecar driver, ski jumpers, ect knows there is a possibility that they may die whilst performing the sport.

RIP
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
Let's wait a while before answering that question.

---

That is nasty. RIP.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5490|Ventura, California
Holy shit

Watched the video again, you guys were right, the thing really does chime.

OMG

Ok I'm done with this thread :'(
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5253|Cleveland, Ohio
this should be a lesson...

stupid fucking "sport" in a largely irrelevant "game" erm...money grab.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5770|Roma
Damn, poor guy.
The people who designed the track are fucking crazy, the guy was going freaking FAST!

oh well...RIP
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6124|Birmingham, UK

Jenspm wrote:

I don't even want to see the video, terrible stuff.

RIP.
You don't really see it anyway, well not him actually hitting the pole.
ruisleipa
+149|6238|teh FIN-land

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Yes many more people have successfully ridden that track.
there ahve been other accidents and lots of complaints from competitors saying its too fast, so stfu you don't know what you're talking about.

Earlier in the day, the gold-medal favourite for the men's luge event, Italy's Armin Zöggeler, came off his sled. He slid on his back down several curves before coming to a stop and walking away. A Romanian luge competitor was briefly knocked unconscious and at least four Americans have had serious trouble just getting down the track.

"I think they are pushing it a little too much," Australia's Hannah Campbell-Pegg said on Thursday after she nearly lost control in training. "To what extent are we just little lemmings that they just throw down a track and we're crash-test dummies? I mean, this is our lives."

The Vancouver sledding track stretches for almost a mile and has a drop of 148 metres. It has long had a reputation as the fastest in the world and is generally considered to be 10mph "faster" than any other. It holds the world record speed for luge, at just under 100mph and even officials at the site were reported to have voiced concerns.

"The track is too fast," said Josef Fendt, the president of the World Luge ­Federation. "We have planned it for a maximum speed of 137kph, but it is almost 20kph faster. We think this is a planning mistake."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/fe … e-training
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6759|Reality
"It appears after a routine run, the athlete came late out of curve 15 and did not compensate properly to make correct entrance into curve 16," the federation said in a statement. "This resulted in a late entrance into curve 16 and although the athlete worked to correct the problem he eventually lost control of the sled resulting in the tragic accident. The technical officials of the FIL were able to retrace the path of the athlete and concluded there was no indication that the accident was caused by deficiencies in the track. "
what utter bullshit. one of the design criteria has to be that a sledder CAN'T fly off of the track. There can't be anything on the track proper that will take you 90mph to 0 mph in under 0.5 seconds. INSTALL A PROPER BARRIER YOU DUMBASSES!

FFS if anyone else gets hurt there, there had better be charges laid for criminal negligence.

fucking idiots. safe track my ass. listen to the people actually using it.

EDIT

gotta read the whole article, NOOB

The men's singles luge competition will take place as scheduled at 5 p.m. PT on Saturday, after the completion of two practice runs. The luge federation did say that open it would raise the walls at the exit of curve 16 and shave down the ice, altering the sliding lines.
so the track is safe, eh? but you will make changes just because you like to spend money not because it is unsafe? idiots

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-02-13 08:53:45)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5221
Oh dear.

That's fucking terrible. So stupid to have those poles there in the first place.

RIP
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6759|Reality
WHISTLER, B.C. - Romanian luger Violeta Stramaturaru was knocked unconscious after slamming into several walls during an Olympic training run.

Stramaturaru was taken to an onsite medical facility for assessment. A team official said she may go to a hospital, but she is not believed to be seriously injured. She must get a medical clearance before she can compete in the games.

Stramaturaru was strapped to a backboard while members of the Romanian team looked on. She was responsive and moving her arms when lifted onto the stretcher.

Her scary crash came moments after her sister, Raluca, had safely navigated the 16-turn track.

After her accident, Violeta Stramaturaru slid limply along the ice while her sled continued through curve 16. At the finish area, her sister ran to the end of the observation deck high above the track for a closer look as the public address announcer directed medical personnel to the scene.

Shortly after the accident, U.S. luger Megan Sweeney went airborne while exiting the final turn and crashed. She was shaken but walked away.

The Whistler Sliding Center track is among the world's most technically challenging courses. Racers are expected to threaten several speed records during the luge, bobsled and skeleton competitions.
YEAH REALLY SAFE TRACK. Sweeney's crash on same corner as dead guy.

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-02-13 09:01:27)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5253|Cleveland, Ohio
fucking canadians
SealXo
+309|6552
thats like a race track with no tire walls or gravel. stupid
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
Who else read as "horrific lube accident"
Ioan92
+337|5739

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Who else read as "horrific lube accident"
raises hand
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
Luge ratings are going to be higher than they would have been now because people love seeing other people get hurt.
Tu Stultus Es
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

eleven bravo wrote:

Luge ratings are going to be higher than they would have been now because people love seeing other people get hurt.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6015|Vortex Ring State

FatherTed wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

You are correct, sir.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard