Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6547|775

Ok.... those of you who haven't tried the new version of this game yet, I wouldn't waste your time. I just downloaded and tested out the demo on Steam released 2/3/2010. My friends and I got a team together and waited for about 20 min or so to get another 4 people to actually have a game going. I assume the demo is peer to peer based on the match-making system we had to go through just to get a damn game going. I played a few rounds as Alien because I couldn't figure out how to switch my class, and one round as Predator while fumbling keys trying to figure out controls. Overall, I give this game a 4 out of 10.

The interface is crappy, the graphics could use a LOT of improvement, and the match-making system is pure shit.

I'm glad I got to try this game for free because you couldn't gift it to me. And if you did, I would NEVER play it again. Not even if you bought me a seat to the World Series of Poker Main Event just to get me to play it. Yes folks, it sucks THAT BADLY!!!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Did you bother looking at your keybinds before you played? If not, gtfo.
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6547|775

The keys aren't that hard to figure out. They are very similar to the old AvP games. This game is just a lame mockery of the originals with shitty graphics and a crappy interface. I sure hope consoles got a better end of the shaft. Meanwhile, I'm happy I spent my money on Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

The keys aren't that hard to figure out. They are very similar to the old AvP games. This game is just a lame mockery of the originals with shitty graphics and a crappy interface. I sure hope consoles got a better end of the shaft. Meanwhile, I'm happy I spent my money on Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
Have fun not being able to go prone.

As far as AvP's graphics go, it's not Far Cry 2, but come on...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-03 22:56:09)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

The interface is crappy, the graphics could use a LOT of improvement, and the match-making system is pure shit.
You're playing the demo ffs.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/facepalm.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6547|775

AussieReaper wrote:

You're playing the demo ffs.
Well, I've played betas and other demos that make me think, "Damn! I really want to get this game!"  For AvP, this is clearly NOT the case. In my opinion, a demo should be at least a representation of what the game will be like when it goes live or a sample of how the game already is.

Enough said.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Despite the fact that you can't go prone, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has many great qualities.

I didn't like Far Cry 2 either... AvP Gold Edition and AvP 2 were awesome games. The new AvP doesn't hold a candle to them. Once again, this is just my opinion.

Thank you, have a nice day!

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2010-02-04 05:25:37)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

The interfacing, gfx and multiplayer system are all typically things that get greatly improved for the Aplha release.

Especially gfx.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

Is it really that bad Guardian?

Aussie, it's set to release this month. How can you even say it is in alpha?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Phrozenbot wrote:

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said those things will get improved for the Alpha release.

hello?
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

AussieReaper wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

hello?
???

Alpha is a workable, yet rough build of a game. Not a final release by any means. What are you saying?
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6547|775

Phrozenbot wrote:

Indeed. As a matter of fact, I told a friend last night that his chances of getting me to ever play WoW are slightly higher than the chances I'll ever buy and play the new AvP. For the record, I loathe the new Blizzard team along with World of Warcraft.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Phrozenbot wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

hello?
???

Alpha is a workable, yet rough build of a game. Not a final release by any means. What are you saying?
This is a demo, and the Beta of the game. While the feedback is received for the demo, the coders are improving the alpha release, internally and testing the alpha version.

Then you'll get something vastly different offered in the final release.

Geddit?
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
im still buying this game regardless
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6547|775

Either way, I'm not wasting $50 on it.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

AussieReaper wrote:

This is a demo, and the Beta of the game. While the feedback is received for the demo, the coders are improving the alpha release, internally and testing the alpha version.

Geddit?
If they wanted feedback, you would think they would have a closed or open beta for it no? The game comes out in 12 days, and it's not 'gold' yet?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6763|UK

AussieReaper wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

hello?
???

Geddit?
no.

Its unlikely to massively improve multiplayer setup until after release, gfx will never improve. Alpha is before Beta. If its coming out in less than a month its already gone gold master.

Havent played the demo yet, im expecting good things.
Chou
+737|6788
Another sensible review instead of witty banter. Kudos to you! -Guardian

Last edited by Chou (2010-02-04 09:38:52)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6543
If you were to compare it to AvP2, it is terrible and a step backwards for the franchise.

It is a direct console port and the entire thing feels bland and budget.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

We've only had a chance to play it in Dx9.

That alone should tell you the demo is nowhere near what the final product will be like.
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6547|775

AussieReaper wrote:

We've only had a chance to play it in Dx9.

That alone should tell you the demo is nowhere near what the final product will be like.
I dunno, lol
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/facepalm.gif

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2010-02-05 11:21:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Despite the fact that you can't go prone, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has many great qualities.

I didn't like Far Cry 2 either... AvP Gold Edition and AvP 2 were awesome games. The new AvP doesn't hold a candle to them. Once again, this is just my opinion.

Thank you, have a nice day!
1) CoD6 isn't alone anymore. 'BFBC2: Not balanced for prone.' I can't think of a single game in the entire battlefield series where prone hasn't saved my ass from things like tanks, snipers, helicopters, grenades, noob toobs and the like. Even Call of Duty has prone and for the life of me, the only reason I can imagine that they took it out is their testers weren't really PC gamers. They even stated, in so many words, that they didn't like the gameplay element added by prone. Now I've seen the gameplay videos and this doesn't make the games more organized and professional. If anything, I've seen even more random running around because you can't take effective cover.

2) I meant Far Cry 2 as to graphics, not gameplay preference. It's still a notch above AvP1 and 2 in that department.
TheTrueQuaid
What was I doing mars?
+11|5896|Assachusetts
AvP 2 was way better then this. Played on the 360 and character movement feels clunky. This shit is rubbish.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

TheTrueQuaid wrote:

AvP 2 was way better then this. Played on the 360 and character movement feels clunky. This shit is rubbish.
I'll reserve judgement for keyboard/mouse: the only way to play AvP.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Never played AvP and that "well the older ones were better" bullshit doesn't mean anything to me.

Anyway, I played the demo and really enjoyed it. I will be buying it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

Never played AvP and that "well the older ones were better" bullshit doesn't mean anything to me.

Anyway, I played the demo and really enjoyed it. I will be buying it.
Sometimes that's true. It's going to be really hard for AvP3 to beat AvP2 in my estimation just because of the impression that game made on me years ago. It was the only game that made me curl my toes in the dead of night out of subconscious fear that something was going to eat them. Even FEAR and Doom 3 didn't do that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard