steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

i live right on lake erie
Where at on Lake Erie? I live on right on the Northern end, literally right in the middle of the Niagara River, so I'm in like prime location for almost all freshwater fish
around cleveland... i fish the central and western basin pretty hard.  in the spring the eyes stack up on the reefs and we whack em with purple hair jigs.  my buddy once caught over 200 in a couple hours.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072

steelie34 wrote:

Runs_with_sciss0rs wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

i live right on lake erie
Where at on Lake Erie? I live on right on the Northern end, literally right in the middle of the Niagara River, so I'm in like prime location for almost all freshwater fish
around cleveland... i fish the central and western basin pretty hard.  in the spring the eyes stack up on the reefs and we whack em with purple hair jigs.  my buddy once caught over 200 in a couple hours.
You should see the perch run during the spring in the lake. We take the boat out there, anywhere in northern part of the lake near the Peace Bridge (bridge to Canada), rig our lines with a couple hooks and minnows and drop it down. Before it hits the bottom you already have 2 perch on there, not small ones, like 14+ inches. Me and a couple buddies of mine limit out in just over an hour. The only problem is going home and filleting 150-200 perch haha
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States
you guys catch and release or take home im guessing? i usually catch and release but whenever i go again im gonna try and fillet and bake some.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

hook 'em and cook 'em
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States
nice, any good recipes at hand for trout?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

androoz wrote:

Heat. Salt. Add lemon.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

AussieReaper wrote:

androoz wrote:

Heat. Salt. Add lemon.
lol ye that's a good one.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

There was this blind man feeling his way down a street with a stick. He walked past this fish market and stopped. He took a deep breath and said "Whoa! Good morning ladies".
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

Macbeth wrote:

There was this blind man feeling his way down a street with a stick. He walked past this fish market and stopped. He took a deep breath and said "Whoa! Good morning ladies".
afroman's hometown/where he still lives is literally 12 mins from me. discuss.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

androoz wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

afroman's hometown/where he still lives is literally 12 mins from me. discuss.
You should visit it.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6162|14072

androoz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

androoz wrote:

Heat. Salt. Add lemon.
lol ye that's a good one.
Pretty much this..

When I cook fish I usually take a piece of tinfoil, put the fillet down, put salt, lemon pepper, butter, and some lemon juice on top of the fillet. Then just wrap the fish in the foil and throw it on the grill.
13rin
+977|6449
View from the tower.  I get pissed when 'someone' forgets to turn off the radar whilst I climb past.

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/DBBrinson/WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper.jpg
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States
might go to a derby this saturday at a local park lake. 1st place for the heaviest trout legally caught is $1,500 or something along with 2nd place, etc, prizes.

last year 1st place was only a 5 pounder which wouldn't be that hard. but even with like several hundreds of people throwing out powerbait and shit on 20lb test line it'll come out to luck either way.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

DBBrinson1 wrote:

View from the tower.  I get pissed when 'someone' forgets to turn off the radar whilst I climb past.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/D … lpaper.jpg
is that your boat?
steelie34
pub hero!

androoz wrote:

might go to a derby this saturday at a local park lake. 1st place for the heaviest trout legally caught is $1,500 or something along with 2nd place, etc, prizes.

last year 1st place was only a 5 pounder which wouldn't be that hard. but even with like several hundreds of people throwing out powerbait and shit on 20lb test line it'll come out to luck either way.
trout (especially from a hatchery) have always been suckers for firetiger rooster tails.  let all the chumps float their powerbait while you reel in the winner.  use a stiff rod for a solid hookset with 6 lb test.  you WILL catch fish.

https://theoutdoorworld.com/prodimages/7439l.jpg
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

steelie34 wrote:

androoz wrote:

trout (especially from a hatchery) have always been suckers for firetiger rooster tails.  let all the chumps float their powerbait while you reel in the winner.  use a stiff rod for a solid hookset with 6 lb test.  you WILL catch fish.

http://theoutdoorworld.com/prodimages/7439l.jpg
yeah im probably gonna just set my dad up with my old pole and a decent lure.

my g loomis is shit for lures. probably gonna go with 3/2 lb test and jigs/lip ripperz.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I'd love to give proper fishing a go. Closest I ever been is netting some tiny things in a river with a pole net. Two sweeps and I caught about a few hundred.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
< The worst fisherman EVER
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
I prefer fly fishing these days.
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

S3v3N wrote:

I prefer fly fishing these days.

fly fishing looks amazing. ive been reading a little on it. may pick it up in a year or so.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

androoz wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

androoz wrote:

nice, fly fishing looks so

like an art. how long does it take to get decent?
Decent? Not following here. You mean when after it hits the surface?
yeah, as in good.

@kmar, holy shit, lol. what kind of fish is that?
Oh. Haven't replied. Yeah I was thinking decent=go down, on this one.

Umm... Depends on your nerves actually Could take an hour/week/month. For me it was around a few weeks I suppose. My 15yo mind had ragequitting saved there back in -95 so the gear was leaning against the sauna a lot

If you have someone teaching you, it'll be faster. I had to learn almost everything by myself so it took a while to get the basics. Still no pro. The technique is different with different flies. Good to learn with the ones that will keep on the surface so you'll get the right moves memorized.
androoz
Banned
+137|5183|United States

Ultrafunkula wrote:

androoz wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Decent? Not following here. You mean when after it hits the surface?
yeah, as in good.

Umm... Depends on your nerves actually Could take an hour/week/month. For me it was around a few weeks I suppose. My 15yo mind had ragequitting saved there back in -95 so the gear was leaning against the sauna a lot

If you have someone teaching you, it'll be faster. I had to learn almost everything by myself so it took a while to get the basics. Still no pro. The technique is different with different flies. Good to learn with the ones that will keep on the surface so you'll get the right moves memorized.
yeah ill probably end up teaching myself too since no close people in my family fly fish.

there is a shit ton of books and info online on it anyway though.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

androoz wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

androoz wrote:

yeah, as in good.

yeah ill probably end up teaching myself too since no close people in my family fly fish.

there is a shit ton of books and info online on it anyway though.
Watch some vids online. Get a basic gear and go to a stream with a whiskey bottle and ask some old farts to show you the ropes. Especially get info on how to tie knots with these things. Otherwise you'll end up losing plenty of flies and line.
steelie34
pub hero!
fly fishing is best taught by someone who knows what they're doing.  it took me forever to learn the cast until my buddy literally grabbed my hand and did the motion.  after that it was easy as pie.
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6604|England

androoz wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here enjoys freshwater or saltwater fishing. Always been a freshwater guy myself. Throw out a 6 foot G. Loomis with a 2-3 pound test ultra light. Just jig it with a lip ripper or whatever plastics you got. Favorite place is going out to Mammoth but it's several hours away and we don't go too often, love float tubing Alpers there though. I could fish for hours on end, just love it, dunno why.

You guys?
I used to match fish in the UK but i was a pole angler myself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard