Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Ok, so a couple nights ago I was on the PC, I left for about 3 hours, and when I came back the screen was blank, but it was still on and not in power saving mode. I thought it may have just been the screen save didn't start properly and wiggled the mouse with no response. I pushed the restart button and the screen powered up to that lit up black clolour as though it was gettign something, but it wasn't showing anything. I put it down to something over heating and turned it off for the night.

Next morning got up, turned it on, logged in and about 5 mins later the screen just went black again. Tried again a few times and always the same problem. Just now I tried to put it into safe mode, and now the exact same thing has happened, only the screen is white.

The monitor is picking up a singnal from the computer, or atleast knows it is connected to it as it isn't saying check cable or whatever it says when it isn't connected, and it isn't off, as the power buttun is showing it is active and not in a sleeping mode, and the fact that now it is white.

Any ideas before I take it off to get looked at?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6731|San Antonio, Texas
What kind of monitor is it? Sometimes unplugging the monitor and waiting a minute and plugging it back in works.
Adams_BJ
and LG LCD one
Adams_BJ
Turning it off at the power source and back on again, when it comes on it shows the brand, etc. and then goes back to the blank screen.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5952|Toronto
Tried another screen?
I like pie.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Sure it's not your computer?  Mine occasionally stops putting out to the monitor if I leave it on for long periods of time.  Try another monitor and see if the same thing happens.
Adams_BJ
I always thought it was the computer.

The monitor seems fine as far as I can tell. Will try another monitor when I can get hold of one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard