jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

I'm speechless ...

Article wrote:

WARM SPRINGS, Ga. -- A Georgia woman is in jail after police say she forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for bad grades.

The sheriff of rural Meriwether County told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Thursday that the 12-year-old boy told his teacher about the killing. The teacher reported it to the Division of Family and Child Services, who contacted police.

Sheriff Steve Whitlock said 38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter of Warm Springs faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

The sheriff's office said she remained in the Meriwether County jail early Friday. It was not immediately known if she had a lawyer.

Meriwether County is located about 90 minutes southwest of Atlanta.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 01192.html
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
That's really messed up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I laughed but that is just horrible. Hamster are pretty cool animals.

Anyway the animals were the mothers property so if she wanted to kill then fair enough. The animals cruelty charge should be dismissed.

I'm a bit unsure about the child cruelty charge. Does seem like a cruel thing to do to a child but than again kids needs a bit of discipline.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
lol georgia.  the south will rise again lulz.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Macbeth wrote:

Anyway the animals were the mothers property so if she wanted to kill then fair enough. The animals cruelty charge should be dismissed.

I'm a bit unsure about the child cruelty charge. Does seem like a cruel thing to do to a child but than again kids needs a bit of discipline.
Not so much about the hamster as it is trauma for the kid, I could understand if this were Africa.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

Animals are not simply property, hence animal cruelty laws.
She should receive a hammer to the head.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
ig
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

agree.  fuck that cunt.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

11 Bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

agree.  fuck that cunt.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

jsnipy wrote:

Not so much about the hamster as it is trauma for the kid, I could understand if this were Africa.
[insert Atlanta is like Africa joke here]

That's why I'm unsure about the child cruelty charge. Does seem a tad bit cruel to do, to make a child kill their pet.

But than again parents all over the world force their children to kill their pet pigs, chickens etc. in order to eat.

At the same time, she did it because the child was getting bad grades and neglecting their responsibilities, it's not like she made the kid kill it so she could get off.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
that's fucking awful... but we've got some even worse horror stories in NY.

like the guy who got into a road rage argument with a woman on the long island expressway and threw her bichon frise into oncoming traffic. pretty awful stuff

i could never harm an animal... i'll never be able to understand why people do.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

Poseidon wrote:

i could never harm an animal... i'll never be able to understand why people do.
SPiders? Ants? Snakes? etc

I know what you mean but, i'm just trollin.. I have 5 cats, 3 dogs, and a parrot, and i love them all... Any kind of parent that would make their child do that deserves life in gaol.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
11 Bravo
Banned
no ATG.  would you like us to?
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

Macbeth wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

[insert Atlanta is like Africa joke here]
Not so sure about Atlanta, however if IIRC, Fallout 3 is alot like Africa
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Macbeth wrote:

He was made to kill his pet hamster with a hamster. what part of that is acceptable?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Grades are srs business ... that poor kid's going to have issues.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

FatherTed wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

He was made to kill his pet hamster with a hamster. what part of that is acceptable?
You mean hammer right?

Anyway.

Macbeth wrote:

Does seem a tad bit cruel to do, to make a child kill their pet.

But than again parents all over the world force their children to kill their pet pigs, chickens etc. in order to eat.

At the same time, she did it because the child was getting bad grades and neglecting their responsibilities, it's not like she made the kid kill it so she could get off.
She didn't do it because it made her orgasm, she did it as a punishment for bad grades. If is was overboard or not, I'm unsure about, I never raised kids. I'm still undecided on the child cruelty charge.

The animal cruelty part though I think should be dropped.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Macbeth wrote:

She didn't do it because it made her orgasm, she did it as a punishment for bad grades. If is was overboard or not, I'm unsure about, I never raised kids. I'm still undecided on the child cruelty charge.

The animal cruelty part though I think should be dropped.
You're sick in the head.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Gotta agree here, Dilbert_X.  Being forced to kill a pet with a hammer would screw up an adult, let alone a child.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Stingray24 wrote:

Gotta agree here, Dilbert_X.  Being forced to kill a pet with a hammer would screw up an adult, let alone a child.
Why is it any worse than killing someone on the battlefield? Killing a human > killing a hamster and there's millions of people on this planet that have done so without psychological issues.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Why is it any worse than killing someone on the battlefield? Killing a human > killing a hamster and there's millions of people on this planet that have done so without psychological issues.
Because you killed a hamster with a hammer.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Because you killed a hamster with a hammer.
And putting a rifle round into a human skull and watching the brains spray out behind the target is somehow easier to stomach?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
https://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2010/01/22/PH2010012202169.jpg
hah this was just by the alabama border in BFE
soo farm community.. i don't see a problem
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Neither are good things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard