Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas
Sorry that I used a term in a different context that you and the rest of this forum is used to
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
i.e. the context of the cirlejerk that you and your half-assed pub-clan have created

pfft
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6154|Texas
i am admin on a jump server (link), so yeah i'd say i kind of like jumping i'm kind of meh at rocket jumping but i am much more of a sticky jumper

playing a jump map is no more pointless than playing a vanilla server, as the point of both is to have fun. jumping is just a different gametype than ctf/cp/whatever

jumping also takes much more skill. take for example me:

SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6418|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

GGF0RCE wrote:

i am admin on a jump server (link), so yeah i'd say i kind of like jumping i'm kind of meh at rocket jumping but i am much more of a sticky jumper

playing a jump map is no more pointless than playing a vanilla server, as the point of both is to have fun. jumping is just a different gametype than ctf/cp/whatever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU6FtNP3kw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nd4SWjX_E
Those are some pretty sick jumps

I use jump maps to practice, use to be fail jumper, now I can jump decently
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

Uzique wrote:

i.e. the context of the cirlejerk that you and your half-assed pub-clan have created

pfft
We have a term called the "interrostack" where a team stacked with our "half-assed pub-clan" is doomed to lose due to our skill abilities. We aren't superior to our pubbers and don't pretend to be.

You continue to refuse to accept a new context of the word "pubber" in which there is no superiority associated with it. It was a mistake to use this term on a forum that associates it completely with the inverse relationship to competitive players. I apologized for this already.

Bevo wrote:

derp
anyway

GGF0RCE wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU6FtNP3kw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nd4SWjX_E
nice stuff. I've watched some demo jumps on youtube and some of that stuff is batshit insane. I'd like to be able to do most to all soldier maps before I even attempt demo. I "main" demo in pubs and stuff but I find soldier jumping to be much more rewarding, for now at least.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6154|Texas

Bevo wrote:

I'd like to be able to do most to all soldier maps before I even attempt demo.
that's ridiculous. you definitely shouldn't restrict yourself like that. there are soldier maps (cheval, elysium, propel, onion, yucca)  that are magnitudes more difficult than some of the easy/medium demo maps. it's a good idea to learn solly and demo basics together rather than saying "i jump ONLY with solly" as you might like demo better once you get good with him. also, if you can jump with both then you can hang out on jump servers without ragequitting every time a map for the other class comes up in the rotation.

good maps to learn demo on are rush, bob_fixed, and noob.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

GGF0RCE wrote:

Bevo wrote:

I'd like to be able to do most to all soldier maps before I even attempt demo.
that's ridiculous. you definitely shouldn't restrict yourself like that. there are soldier maps (cheval, elysium, propel, onion, yucca)  that are magnitudes more difficult than some of the easy/medium demo maps. it's a good idea to learn solly and demo basics together rather than saying "i jump ONLY with solly" as you might like demo better once you get good with him. also, if you can jump with both then you can hang out on jump servers without ragequitting every time a map for the other class comes up in the rotation.

good maps to learn demo on are rush, bob_fixed, and noob.
oh no i can do the basics just fine, like im sure I could beat rush as demo much quicker than solly. I admin a jump server myself and we have a mostly solly rotation, with the only demo map being jump_speed.

I'd rather wait to master soldier jumps before doing things like air pogo as a demo. I'm pretty close to finishing some tough ones.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6507|so randum
i played with bevo once and his mates, and i fully support and/or endorse this product.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bevo
Nah
+718|6528|Austin, Texas

FatherTed wrote:

i played with bevo once and his mates, and i fully support and/or endorse this product.
<3 teds
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6163|Vancouver | Canada
I prefer airshot maps over jump maps.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

Since my contribution to this thread has so far been useless, I'll output something constructive now. Although I haven't tried TF2 rocket jumping I totally understand the idea in this kind of stuff. As I once said, I've always found the 'gimmicks' that come with games fun. I like surfing and climbing in CS1.6 and CSS, have done quite a lot of bunny/circle/strafe/wall/rocket jumping in quake engine games (UrT, WolfET, QL, CoD2/4) and I thoroughly enjoyed hunter trickjumping in L4D. In UrT, for example, most of my playing time was jumping, and in L4D I (with friends) discovered some hunter techniques before anyone else (We did hunter bunnyhopping way before the general public found out about it and I don't think hunter pushing is even a generally known tech even though we discovered it a long time ago).

While this stuff could be considered useless, it always gives you a better understanding of the game engine and mechanics. As a result you will feel more comfortable in all kinds of situations and overall play better. Besides in a lot of games this stuff is essential if you want to be good at the game on a serious level. Just being able to move around a lot faster and reach places that are otherwise blocked out make it worth the practice, even if you don't especially like the 'training' part.

DU out.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6154|Texas
couldn't agree more. there are some useful techniques and peculiarities in the game engine that you would probably never discover by just playing pub servers, like how to rapidly detonate stickies the same way you would while pogoing, and the epiphany of "holy fuck, if i crouch while explosive jumping, i go a million times further"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard