Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6245|Texas
My shitty acoustic is broken and its not worth repairing.

I need a basic acoustic cause I'm still learning (transferring from electric). I plan on spending between $200-$300. Thanks

Brands or specific models are good.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York
Playing a guitar in the store is still you best bet, but:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SGE1 … 1472424.gc
That one is nice (Personal experience - friend owns one)
and for even cheaper:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-V70C … 1150613.gc
Sounds pretty good, even better plugged in, does alright with chords and finger picking but not to great with volume. Does awesome plugged in though. My sister actually owns that one so I have played it a fair amount.
Disclaimer: I really primarily only play electric and sort of dabble in acoustic now and then, but the ibanez guitars have great action (very similar to my US made Fender strat - my primary guitar - which for me is a huge plus, particularly if your switching from electric to acoustic)
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6140|Carnoustie MASSIF
Ibanez V70, that's what I have, and it's a babe
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5553|Toronto
Man up and buy a classical guitar. Almansa study classical series would be my recommendation.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
alexb
<3
+590|5950|Kentucky, USA

Fender, Ibanez, or Dean.
Laika
+75|5954
I've heard good things about Seagull. You might want to check out the forums at www.ultimate-guitar.com.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6245|Texas

Pochsy wrote:

Man up and buy a classical guitar. Almansa study classical series would be my recommendation.
already have one...but i want to get into more "popular" things. You know, for the ladies

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm gonna look more into Ibanez and the V70.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York
Yah, Ibanez in general are a great way to go with the entry level acoustics.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5774|Belgium
Yeah, and don't go with Fenders. Awesome electrics, awful acoustics (atleast in the lower price regions - no experience with the higher)

Ultimate-Guitar is your best bet, I've gotten loads of advice there, and I'm currently very happy with my Takamine (about €650)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard