Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Jenspm wrote:

jord wrote:

I agree with the general idea of the thread, I just find it ironic you are the one who decided to make it after calling me a "Prick" the day before the date it was written.
I think you're missing the point, if I'm honest.

I mean, casually calling each other "pricks" "cunts" "ass" doesn't seem to be the problem. I know FM doesn't want to use an example in his OP, but the amount of shit sh1fty gets without even saying a word is simply amazing. Like yesterday, when people just spammed pics of him in EE Chats. And when Cam's condom pics were posted after every post of his when it was completely irrelevant.

Quite frankly, it's annoying, old and boring.

I'm all for calling people out when they make retarded posts, and let's face it, shifty makes quite a few. Flame his posts, I don't care - hell I'll probably join in. But spamming pictures of him in threads that are completely irrelevant is, quite frankly, low and pathetic.

I might be misunderstanding here, but I believe this is the background/idea behind the thread.
To be honest though, how much of that crap do that bring on themselves?

If Warman and Brad didn't try to be internet tough guys, weren't 16 year olds who fancy themselves army-men on the internet, they wouldn't get so much crap.

And if CammRobb didn't want to get shit for lighting himself on fire, he shouldn't have posted pics of it.

I know that harassing them has gone to far, but if you don't do and say stupid shit all the time, people aren't going to pick on you. So instead of White-Knighting these people, the mods should try to get them to change their post style so that they don't bring so much on themselves.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
Gotta agree with Doctor Strangelove there especially that thread shifty made about having a cold
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

I think CammRobb didn't mind getting shit for blowing a condom up in his face.  What he didn't expect and us as mods don't want to deal with is people like you spamming his pic every other time he posts in other threads.

Stay on topic, don't insult.  It's in the rules, we shouldn't have to have posts like the OP spell it out for you, but with the increase in the types of behavior mentioned we as mods felt it necessary to remind all of us how to post constructively.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
did hakei actually get banned?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I know that harassing them has gone to far, but if you don't do and say stupid shit all the time, people aren't going to pick on you. So instead of White-Knighting these people, the mods should try to get them to change their post style so that they don't bring so much on themselves.
As I said, it goes both ways. This is no free pass for idiots to be idiots and not receive their due.

FatherTed wrote:

No we just change his title and edit his posts with "user was banned for this post" for kicks.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

FatherTed wrote:

Yes Teddy. I think his post in this thread is a perfect example of going over the top and getting all personal up in this bitch. A well deserved 3 day ban imo.

Had he simply stated his opinion without directly attacking atg, no ban would have happened.

As you can see, even the most lenient of us are getting irritated.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

As I said, it goes both ways. This is no free pass for idiots to be idiots and not receive their due.

FatherTed wrote:

No we just change his title and edit his posts with "user was banned for this post" for kicks.
I think you're confusing hak with me.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6506
the internet is srs bsns.  To be honest, be a dick: get banned.  It isn't hard to understand.  If Downy, out of all people, thinks you are out of line then you are way the fuck out of line.  Mods are mods for a reason, it isn't soviet b & f2s because if we had nobody getting banned this place would be run into the ground with spam and trolling.  I actually enjoy coming here almost daily and don't want to be bothered with people that just want to come here to trash other people around and get under peoples skin.  Bottom line, if you want to act like an idiot, fine, but don't come back whining when you get banned.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
Hmm this topic does raise a fair point, though some of them do bring it on themselves.

Obviously it wouldn't nice to be on the receiving end of all the e-abuse. I mean as much as some of their posts are retarded/stupid you just have to control yourself from abusing them. As soon as one popular member starts abusing someone everyone thinks it's ok and jumps in e-dickslapping the victim. I mean I am guilty of this myself I'd admit it I just got sick of reading their posts.

You have to understand that some members have been here for a long time and think of this place as theirs. They don't want someone with retarded posts ruining their forum I suppose. Obviously due to the nature in which this site has been set-up I doubt it very much we will see an increase in members signing up. With all the bullying that could even potentially sway even more members away from signing up.

Add that to the fact that the general activity of this place is lowering everyday I guess the mod's don't want to ban too many people. They are saying this for your and the forums benefit.

So yeah stop being cunts basically there are 1000's of forums where a select few "e-cool" twat's bully every new/slightly stupid member. What's the point turning this place into the rest?
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

When someone gets banned/warned just for calling someone a prick, then you have a case jord.

lol you got called a cunt by the first two people to post on your thread too.
Yes but I talk to them alot and I know they were joking and they knew the thread was a joke. Anyway the overall point is, lead by example.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

jord wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

When someone gets banned/warned just for calling someone a prick, then you have a case jord.

lol you got called a cunt by the first two people to post on your thread too.
Yes but I talk to them alot and I know they were joking and they knew the thread was a joke. Anyway the overall point is, lead by example.
And that's a good point.

It is in fact fm that had the most hand in making the mod section a hostile environment, imo.

Almost from day one you were barking like a little chihuahua, second guessing, accusing and generally trying to be a little napoleon, which created tension, which created a hostile workplace. Oh man, it was great going through the 19 page usmarine thread and reading all the sniping an backstabbing that you seemed to enjoy initiating. And then this OP, lol. I understand it, but as usual you are being a hypocrite.

And then yesterday I spent 15 minutes typing a statement in this thread that I felt backed up your point AND explained a lot of my frustration.

Within five minutes it was deleted by one of the biggest do-nothing mods here with an AWM for spam???

bah, this site has run it's course, imo. It reminds me of Sienfeld, that sitcom about nothing.

Some of the mods are idiots. Some of users and mods I have a genuine affection for, which makes things hard. Anyways, have fun in Vegas.

Last edited by ATG (2010-01-19 08:45:38)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Wether your watching the online squabbles or taking part in them it does wear you down to the point of 'wtf am I doing here, I came here for fun might aswell go back and argue in the real world'.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

There are threads about each member in the mod section?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

Macbeth wrote:

There are threads about each member in the mod section?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Only members with issues.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Only members with issues.
ah dammit that would be me (a year ago?)
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
.Sup
be nice
RL issues got in the way. Won't happen again (hopefully!).

Edit: :o

Last edited by .Sup (2010-01-19 11:34:43)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

O what does mine say?
.Sup
be nice

Macbeth wrote:

O what does mine say?
inferior to .Sup
Flaming_Maniac
Difference between typing a statement to the thread and typing a statement as an ex-mod to a problem child. It wasn't "spam" and he didn't mean it as spam, but what else is he going to click? Yeesh you should know as well as anyone the title of the AWM means fuck all.
.Sup
be nice
you talkin' to me FM?
Flaming_Maniac
Hell yes I'm talking to you.
.Sup
be nice

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hell yes I'm talking to you.
FU FM

He was a mod, and fairly decent at his job. But then he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other mods - gone bad. Mods who tried to kill him, but got the Mexican he loved instead. Framed for murder, now he prowls teh EE chatz. An outlaw hunting outlaws, a bounty hunter - a grape!

Last edited by .Sup (2010-01-19 12:34:29)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
Then there's this true story (really)

User A: If I've ever said that, quote me on it!
User B quotes user A on having said that
Unknown mod "Ken J." AWMs user B for flaming and then tells user B that he shouldn't push his luck.

Anyway other people have said what needs to be said, now it's just up to those 'important' people to ignore it and pretend this thread was a great success
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Lucien wrote:

Then there's this true story (really)

User A: If I've ever said that, quote me on it!
User B quotes user A on having said that
Unknown mod "Ken J." AWMs user B for flaming and then tells user B that he shouldn't push his luck.

Anyway other people have said what needs to be said, now it's just up to those 'important' people to ignore it and pretend this thread was a great success
Pimpin' aint easy!

IMHO, that wouldn't happen unless when B quoted A, they went over the top and got all personal n shit. Then AWM would be well warranted. This isn't rocket surgery ya know... grasp it and embrace it Sarge.

This thread is a great success either way you look at it. My modmin stats padding has already gone up.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard