ruisleipa
+149|6366|teh FIN-land

JohnG@lt wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

No I know it's not 'natural' depending on how you look at it. Nor is factory farming 'natural'. Don't really care if it's 'natural' or not but imo it IS ethical. Just like killing each other is 'natural' in some way i.e. a natural instinct but it doesn't mean we should do it.
The human race would not exist today if it abided by your system of ethics. Eating meat and wearing the skins of animals is what allowed us to survive up until the present day. Thumb your nose at others all you want but your false sense of pride in being abnormal is kind of amusing. It's like being proud you were born with a genetic defect.
abnormal...genetic defect...LOL

nice! keep em coming and I'll continue being amazed at your lovely insults! yay!

By the way I don't care if other people eat meat that much, why should anyone care if I choose not to? Bloody weird the lotta ya.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6811

steelie34 wrote:

i <3 vegetarians.  more delicious cow, pig, fish, whale, chicken, buffalo and deer for me
But they contribute more to the greenhouse effect than us meat eaters...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6525|the land of bourbon
some people try to "humanize" the thoughts and emotions of animals, which is amazingly ignorant.  i keep fish in an aquarium.  they have no predators, get fed everyday, and have what i would consider a great life!  you know what the fish thinks?  who the hell knows?  i dont, and no one will ever know!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
ruisleipa
+149|6366|teh FIN-land

steelie34 wrote:

free-range makes animal slaughter humane?  .
oh yeah and did you read my post - I DON'T EAT MEAT. I DO eat free-range eggs etc. I also think that hunters who eat the animals they kill are much more humane than your average fat American who buys some factory-farmed beef in the store.

Incidentally, the ethical angle isn't the only reason I don't eat meat, cos you know the shit they pump into your beefburger right? yuck.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6860

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

If the animal is not free range and has experienced nothing more than a cage, do people honestly think it would long for the freedom to run around? It wouldn't know anything about it. Stupidest shit ever.
I think it's just more of a quality thing, but it's like, it's not about Animals suffering in cages, they may not know any better, but they're still in pretty awful conditions regardless. Compared to those that are living free range.
Who cares? The thing was hatched in order to be eaten. Does it really matter how it lived it's six weeks on the planet?
If you're concerned about the cleanliness of the meat, then I'd say yes. I go free range as much as possible simply because the meat is a lot cleaner, healthier and tastier

Go watch food inc about it, pretty informative.

On fast food beef: Jesus Christ 10 cows in one burger. That's how they make the ground beef. Talk about health problems =/

Last edited by Cybargs (2010-01-07 12:07:15)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5502|London, England

Ilocano wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

i <3 vegetarians.  more delicious cow, pig, fish, whale, chicken, buffalo and deer for me
[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155203[/video]
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6367|Escea

Ilocano wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Cow farts also put a lot more gas up than cars.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6811

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

See.  Damn vegetarians!!!  Cow's that is.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-01-07 12:11:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

See.  Damn vegetarians!!!  Cow's that is.
I get some pretty hellacious gas from broccoli and beans. Never anything from meat though... hmm... Vegetarians must like the smell of their own farts or something.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104282[/video]
-Frederick Bastiat
steelie34
pub hero!

ruisleipa wrote:

wow you're really getting stressed mate, take it easy. You don't know diddly about me so I could also say to you DON'T come here and talk about shit you don't know about. Do you have ethical standards? Do you live by any? Or is there no point to anything? My point was that you call me a hypocrite for disagreeing with certain human ways of exploiting animals. I say I'm not a hypocrite because I don't do the things mentioned above, and I DO do all I can. no, I don't have a pair of 'nice dress shoes'. When I say it's impossible to live in the Western world without using some kind of animal product that's the truth. but if you could give me a typical week where someone could get by WITHOUT using ANY products that have ANY animal products or been tested on animals short of living in a wooden hut and eating berries then I'd be very interested to hear it. Just as a random example using a seatbelt in a car could be thought of as abusing animals because they used to test seatbelts with pigs, but of course I'm gonna wear a seatbelt cos it'd be illegal not to, plus I don't wanna fly through the windscreen.

If none of our opinions mean shit then what's the point of this forum, or in fact you posting here? hmmm, actually now you've stated your opinions don't mean shit I think I'll ignore them. happy now?
are you trying to infer my tone over my typed text?  way to go, you're a dumbass.  no one is getting stressed here, i'm just trying to show you why your posts have been very hypocritical.  and you are missing my point, obviously. 

saying you "do all you can do" is a cop out.  it is very possible to lead a long life without using any animal products, and if that means living in a hut and eating berries, then DO IT!  seat belts tested on pigs?  don't drive!  i have no respect for someone who only stands by their convictions when it's convenient for them.
ruisleipa
+149|6366|teh FIN-land

steelie34 wrote:

are you trying to infer my tone over my typed text?  way to go, you're a dumbass.
nice, another personal insult - I'm doing well in this thread it must be some kinda record.

steelie34 wrote:

no one is getting stressed here, i'm just trying to show you why your posts have been very hypocritical.  and you are missing my point, obviously.
well you're insulting me personally so it sure seems you're getting stressed. 'very hypocrital'. Sorry, I don't think so.

steelie34 wrote:

saying you "do all you can do" is a cop out.  it is very possible to lead a long life without using any animal products, and if that means living in a hut and eating berries, then DO IT!  seat belts tested on pigs?  don't drive!  i have no respect for someone who only stands by their convictions when it's convenient for them.
OK well you think I'm a cop out, whatever, couldn't care less if you 'respect' me/my opinions tbh, but at least I tried to explain my opinions and actions which is more than you've done. I never said that NO animal products should EVER be used did I? did I? No, I didn't. Free range products = ok imo. Battery farming = not OK imo. hunting and eating game = much better than battery farming IMO. How is that hypcritical. You obviously have some prejudices against vegetarians along with galt but don't imagine things I haven't said. I'll ask again then, are you so holy or how do YOUR hypocrisies manifest themselves? Otherwise, you're a hypocrite for calling me a hypocrite so ner ner ner

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-01-07 12:27:24)

steelie34
pub hero!
i'll let you know my hypocrisies when i can think of some.

ok, done thinking, i've listed them below.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6829|United States of America
While we're off topic as we are, I just don't get why vegetarians think they're all high and mighty for not eating meat. The only reason they don't feel bad about eating plants is because they're not all cute and cuddly like animals are but plants are still organisms, too.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6793

G@lt, can you post some more South Park? I figure it's more constructive than the rest of the thread, plus it's entertaining!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

G@lt, can you post some more South Park? I figure it's more constructive than the rest of the thread, plus it's entertaining!
It was more constructive than the pissing match
-Frederick Bastiat
ruisleipa
+149|6366|teh FIN-land

DesertFox- wrote:

While we're off topic as we are, I just don't get why vegetarians think they're all high and mighty for not eating meat. The only reason they don't feel bad about eating plants is because they're not all cute and cuddly like animals are but plants are still organisms, too.
oh you really need the difference between an animal and a plant explained to ya?
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|6122|Blue Mountain State

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

oh you really need the difference between an animal and a plant explained to ya?
plant murderer
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
ruisleipa
+149|6366|teh FIN-land

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

plant murderer
ya got me bang to rights guvnor.

I give up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

plant murderer
I don't eat anything that has a face.
-Frederick Bastiat
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6924|Great Brown North
research with a side order of rice
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6811

JohnG@lt wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

plant murderer
Lies.  Points to Galt's SO.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6829|United States of America

ruisleipa wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

You're killing it to eat it. You just don't feel bad about it because it's not all cuddly.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

plant murderer
SO?
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6811

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

SO?
significant other

Board footer