TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Noobpatty wrote:

soooo...you need to play through the game 3 times to get the hardcore and insanity achievements? anyone tried insanity? or whatever it's called? is it like impossible? And what do they mean by bosses having immunities in hXc? Anyone here imported into ME2? Say I complete a game and take one ending then play through on a second and make totally different choices (like I am with the same character now on my hardcore playthrough) how will they effect ME2?
I finished it on hardcore easy enough, its not really a hard game once you get the basics down. When you finish the game with a character you can take that character with their full inventory and level back in to a new game...so that really helps for harder difficulties.

I started a game on insanity, but that was my 3rd playthrough in about 5 days or something and it was just too tedious. It doesnt really get harder, just longer. It takes the just give enemies more health/you do less damage approach - you tend to not get hit that often, so it just becomes a slogfest.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

soooo...you need to play through the game 3 times to get the hardcore and insanity achievements? anyone tried insanity? or whatever it's called? is it like impossible? And what do they mean by bosses having immunities in hXc? Anyone here imported into ME2? Say I complete a game and take one ending then play through on a second and make totally different choices (like I am with the same character now on my hardcore playthrough) how will they effect ME2?
I finished it on hardcore easy enough, its not really a hard game once you get the basics down. When you finish the game with a character you can take that character with their full inventory and level back in to a new game...so that really helps for harder difficulties.

I started a game on insanity, but that was my 3rd playthrough in about 5 days or something and it was just too tedious. It doesnt really get harder, just longer. It takes the just give enemies more health/you do less damage approach - you tend to not get hit that often, so it just becomes a slogfest.
Yeah...the game was easy enough (and more fun) after I got used to the combat and controlling teammates and it felt the way it should've but after trying hardcore for the first couple of fights combat started to get a little too long for individual targets
TimmmmaaaaH

Noobpatty wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Yeah...the game was easy enough (and more fun) after I got used to the combat and controlling teammates and it felt the way it should've but after trying hardcore for the first couple of fights combat started to get a little too long for individual targets
Yeh, and insanity is pretty much x2 the length of hardcore. At least it felt that way. I am talking 10 to 15 mako cannon shots to kill a colossus. Just takes forever. Would hate to try the final boss fight on insanity...it would talk forever.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Yeh, and insanity is pretty much x2 the length of hardcore. At least it felt that way. I am talking 10 to 15 mako cannon shots to kill a colossus. Just takes forever. Would hate to try the final boss fight on insanity...it would talk forever.
Pretty easy tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
TimmmmaaaaH

FloppY_ wrote:

Pretty easy tbh
Never said it was hard.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
The final boss on insanity felt like it would never end. I'm being serious.

The rest of the game was pretty painless though (except for vehicle shooting sections), because I was using such a high levelled character by that point.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-02-01 19:02:45)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
Are there any loyalty missions for anyone besides Zaeed? Like Garrus or jack?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

SonderKommando wrote:

Are there any loyalty missions for anyone besides Zaeed? Like Garrus or jack?
Everyone has one.

Garrus has you taking down someone who betrayed you, Jack has you blowing up the facility she was raised in, etc.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The rest of the game was pretty painless though (except for vehicle shooting sections), because I was using such a high levelled character by that point.
Well they do scale up with your level...
Anyways I guess I didn't make enough of the moral choices/balanced them too much on my first playthrough - so my strategy now is just to do as many missions as I can find and make the paragon choices til i get the achievement then maybe in the same playthrough I can get the renegade achievement by just making those choices post-paragon 75%-ness..?
TimmmmaaaaH

Noobpatty wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well they do scale up with your level...
Anyways I guess I didn't make enough of the moral choices/balanced them too much on my first playthrough - so my strategy now is just to do as many missions as I can find and make the paragon choices til i get the achievement then maybe in the same playthrough I can get the renegade achievement by just making those choices post-paragon 75%-ness..?
Pretty sure you cant get both in one playthrough.

A main story playthrough on a lower difficulty (ie less health) takes less than 10 hours (being generous) once you know what you are doing.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2010-02-01 20:45:41)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Pretty easy tbh
Never said it was hard.
you said it has tons of hp.. it doesnt take much time to kill...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Just beat it just now.

Used Wrex and Garrus the whole time, both my favorite characters and party members.

I let Carth die, mostly because he survived two Knights of the Old Republic games, I thought it was time he got his comeuppance.

Didn't get much points to either Paragon or Renegade, but much more to paragon.

I let the concil die, so that I could make Commissioner Burelle on the council. Sure he didn't do much good for Baltimore, but hey, at least he's a character from The Wire, and thus awesome.

Banged Ashley, I didn't know how exactly but it happened. Also for some reason I couldn't choose not too, she basically forced me to have sex with here, which constitutes rape.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard