TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5718|Vancouver, BC, Canada

So how can we ever leave if the Afghan army is borderline useless as anything other than cannon fodder?

Discuss.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
they fought hard during U.S. invasion and during Russian invasion I think.... now since U.S. has taken over they are just like ahhh fuck it might as well let them do everything or I might be wrong who knows. Also I dont think they are used to tactical style warfare they are more used to nomadic style of fighting
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
from what my cousin tells me you get a mixed bag with them

some are eager to help

some just want free food

and some probably plant IEDs at night

lol.... he told me about this one time they all just ran up and fired off all of their ammo so they could go home    or maybe that was the ANP? i don't remember
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California
Afghanistan has an army?

I would have had the same reaction if you replaced Afghan with "Swiss" in your thread.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

TheDonkey wrote:

So how can we ever leave
We are not leaving anytime soon. chill.... smoke a J with them afghans
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Balok77
+28|6149

blademaster wrote:

during Russian invasion
That was the taliban
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
It's funny to watch how americans are making the same mistakes that russians did back in 80's. Thinking that you can actually build an army using western military patterns in the country that still literarly lives in stone age...c'mon, they are still divided by tribes. Just dont tell me that US command makes attempts to envolve Afghani army in their own operations. That would be the same failure that USSR experienced - only capable military forces were the actual parts of 40th army, afghanis were worthless. They had no intention to die for ruskies before, I doubt they wanna die for americans now.

Last edited by Longbow (2009-12-27 08:41:20)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
The west will never achieve anything in Afghanistan. What a waste of fucking blood and money. War on terror. Pffft.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
its almost as if people just realized we're in afghanistan about a year ago.  public opinion is so god damn fickle
Tu Stultus Es
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6474|Kakanien

CameronPoe wrote:

The west will never achieve anything in Afghanistan. What a waste of fucking blood and money
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6371|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
"Find a sense of nationalism". I liked that little piece of advice from one of the US soldiers, that really isn't going to happen. Longbow has it down: a country which spends more time fighting between themselves for what meagre land they have is NOT a country that can field an effective combat force. As has been said, the small majority that would want to defend their country are outnumbered by socially ignorant and poorly educated. They have seen their country ravaged by war over the last 50 years both by internal conflict and through foreign intervention. People probably want to keep to themselves, not die and live their lives quietly, they don't care about the 'national' implications of a conflict unless its in their back yard. Then they start running...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

CameronPoe wrote:

The west will never achieve anything in Afghanistan. What a waste of fucking blood and money. War on terror. Pffft.
Yeah, I've gotta agree with this. Like Iraq, once we leave it's going to collapse, so why waste our time there? Unfortunately Obama seems to have decided Afghanistan is where we're going to concentrate on now. I guess the only positive side of that is that you'll get more international assistance on Afghanistan than Iraq, but both are a complete waste of lives and money.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Yeah, I've gotta agree with this. Like Iraq, once we leave it's going to collapse, so why waste our time there? Unfortunately Obama seems to have decided Afghanistan is where we're going to concentrate on now. I guess the only positive side of that is that you'll get more international assistance on Afghanistan than Iraq, but both are a complete waste of lives and money.
yeah the problem is the rest of the world follows America no one has the balls except the few to rebel and be like fuck you I aint go to send my troops there

Last edited by blademaster (2009-12-27 10:50:58)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6355|West NY
hahah this totally reminds me of the missions S.S.D.D. and Team player from modern warfare 2
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
I lold @ the hashish part.. that was cigaWeed!

But srs, no wonder why it is bad. Fucking stoners

sad in a funny way

Last edited by Beduin (2009-12-27 11:23:26)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
I don't get the outrage over Obama's action in Afghanistan. If anybody paid attention during the campaigns you would know that Obama expressed support for the war and even for going into Pakistan if necessary.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Commie Killer
+192|6388

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Iraq will turn out alright, not good, but alright. I equate Iraq to South Korea and Afghan to South Vietnam. It might take Iraq a while to get its shit together, but it will happen eventually. Afghanistan on the other hand is plagued by apathy, if that turns around it will be a miracle.

EDIT: The one benefit that Afghanistan has over South Vietnam is the lack of a North Vietnam, they only have to tackle their internal problems, which, if they can do, the Afghanistan Taliban will probably direct their attention towards Pakistan, an entirely different cluster fuck.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2009-12-27 12:41:58)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Commie Killer wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Iraq will turn out alright, not good, but alright. I equate Iraq to South Korea and Afghan to South Vietnam. It might take Iraq a while to get its shit together, but it will happen eventually. Afghanistan on the other hand is plagued by apathy, if that turns around it will be a miracle.

EDIT: The one benefit that Afghanistan has over South Vietnam is the lack of a North Vietnam, they only have to tackle their internal problems, which, if they can do, the Afghanistan Taliban will probably direct their attention towards Pakistan, an entirely different cluster fuck.
Ok Dubya.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The Afghans do probably read their own history, and know fighting the Taliban on behalf of the US is about as pointless as trying to shovel water uphill in a lake.
But it keeps the Americans happy so they'll play along until the US gets bored and leaves.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-12-27 15:05:57)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Longbow

Commie Killer wrote:

Iraq will turn out alright, not good, but alright. I equate Iraq to South Korea and Afghan to South Vietnam. It might take Iraq a while to get its shit together, but it will happen eventually.
I lol'ed. You srsly believe in what you just wrote? Iraq will never recover. It is driven back to stoneage by islamic religion extremists. Plus two different branches of islam. Plus kurdish people. The only force that was capable to keep islamic religious opposition down was bloody dictator, who was successfully taken out and assasinated (you call that a legal justice? hahaha) by allied coalition. Too bad allied leaders havent learned principle of minor evil.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Longbow wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Iraq will turn out alright, not good, but alright. I equate Iraq to South Korea and Afghan to South Vietnam. It might take Iraq a while to get its shit together, but it will happen eventually.
I lol'ed. You srsly believe in what you just wrote? Iraq will never recover. It is driven back to stoneage by islamic religion extremists. Plus two different branches of islam. Plus kurdish people. The only force that was capable to keep islamic religious opposition down was bloody dictator, who was successfully taken out and assasinated (you call that a legal justice? hahaha) by allied coalition. Too bad allied leaders havent learned principle of minor evil.
Yes then people will start bitching at the "abuses" US troops do. You lose either way.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Longbow wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Yeah tbh fuck it. We shouldn't have stood up to Hitler either.
Longbow

Vilham wrote:

Yeah tbh fuck it. We shouldn't have stood up to Hitler either.
Saddam wasn't trying to conquer half of the world, neither he killed millions of innocent people. During Saddam's reign minorities were fucked, indeed. But majority was quite ok. Now whole Iraqi nation is fucked.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Worth the watch.

Hungry Beast's Kirsten Drysdale conducted this interview with an Australian soldier, who was willing to share his story about what being on the ground in Afghanistan is actually like. This is the first, unvarnished account of its kind you will see on Australian TV. To protect his identity, Tom has been played by actors Aden Young, Dan Wyllie, Lewis Fitz-Gerald and Rodger Corser.

The description of the Dutch forces in Uruzgan province: "Dutch is an acronym for Don't Understand The Concept Here"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

eleven bravo wrote:

its almost as if people just realized we're in afghanistan about a year ago.  public opinion is so god damn fickle
This.

Fucking blink and reboot, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard