CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

JohnG@lt wrote:

The hope is that with enough pressure, they'll start policing their own. Once the UAE and Saudi Arabian princes take a hit in their pocket book they might act.
You do realise how much of the US national debt some of these nations own? You could cut to the chase by defaulting on what you owe others.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

The hope is that with enough pressure, they'll start policing their own. Once the UAE and Saudi Arabian princes take a hit in their pocket book they might act.
You do realise how much of the US national debt some of these nations own? You could cut to the chase by defaulting on what you owe others.
That would screw our credit rating.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6608|Montreal, Qc, Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Andoura wrote:

We are living in a crazy world. Human have created forces that are stronger than us. What the fuck you want us to do. We will suffer the consequences of our actions and WE ARE. Bombs, wars, heavy machinery etc etc etc will kill us all.

Nway I suck in english so I will not start writing a 1 000 word essay you won't understand shit. We need to argue in french
The Quebecois need to join the rest of North America Learn english!
I could argue in english with you. But if i do so it will take me an hour to make it clear as I would want to. So I give up lol
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That would screw our credit rating.
Catch 22. The world is not a collection of nations. We're all so far up each others arses that you can't tell where one nation starts and another one ends. And that is why your embargo idea is pure fantasy. You can't ignore more than a sixth of the population of earth, especially given what they're sitting on top of.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-12-25 19:12:17)

Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5566|Vacationland
You guys act like it's all Muslims

Most mainstream muslims, Sunni or Shiite, are as peaceful as you and I.  Wahhabists tend to be the ones doing these sorts of things.  So you are going to blockade the entire middle east just to punish no more then 1% of Muslims?   Do you listen to yourself?  Yeah let's cut off 1/4 of the world from the other 3/4 because some people in that 1/4 just can't play nice
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Narupug wrote:

You guys act like it's all Muslims

Most mainstream muslims, Sunni or Shiite, are as peaceful as you and I.  Wahhabists tend to be the ones doing these sorts of things.  So you are going to blockade the entire middle east just to punish no more then 1% of Muslims?   Do you listen to yourself?  Yeah let's cut off 1/4 of the world from the other 3/4 because some people in that 1/4 just can't play nice
Works for me!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Seriously, I'm not a rah rah blow em up guy in the slightest. Between this and the Fort Hood shooter this year and everything else that has happened in the past 20 years they've shown they are dangerous, can not be reasoned with and are fanatical. They serve no purpose on the face of the earth and need to be eradicated.
I see, so ~50 extremists in 20 years mount attacks and thats justification to eradicate billions?
Here's a better plan, stop messing with the ME, stop funding and protecting Israel and in ~20 years it should clear up.
Cost: Nothing
Deaths: None
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Seriously, I'm not a rah rah blow em up guy in the slightest. Between this and the Fort Hood shooter this year and everything else that has happened in the past 20 years they've shown they are dangerous, can not be reasoned with and are fanatical. They serve no purpose on the face of the earth and need to be eradicated.
I see, so ~50 extremists in 20 years mount attacks and thats justification to eradicate billions?
Here's a better plan, stop messing with the ME, stop funding and protecting Israel and in ~20 years it should clear up.
ME just blames Israel for everything to divert their population from the real problems within their country. Tell me how much does Israel's presence messes shit up for most of the ME?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ME just blames Israel for everything to divert their population from the real problems within their country. Tell me how much does Israel's presence messes shit up for most of the ME?
[] this much.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

[] this much.
lulz

It is the same fucking rhetoric that Hitler blamed the Jews on everything. Farming not going good? THE JEWS! Business not going well? THE JEWS! Your son died of heroin addiction? THE FUCKING JEWS.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So why are the Islamics attacking America and its allies, and no-one else?
Hint: They don't travel half-way around the world because they 'hate freedom' or other such nonsense.
BVC
+325|6665
If Israel weren't given a helping hand by Uncle Sam, there would be a second holocaust within ten years.

If you want to fuck the middle east, start using alternatives to oil.  Its not like you can't make money from it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
Spose you should stop White Irish from doing anything to, since we get a bomb or so found every odd day.

on that note i was held for an hour for a flight from Manchester to Newark lulz

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-12-26 01:29:02)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lets take a quick spin through US history.

Them Injuns are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.
Them Mexicans are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.
Them Japs are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.
Them commies are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.
Them gooks are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.
Them mooslums are crazy, you can't reason with em, we done gotta kill em all.

Seeing a pattern yet? Or is your ignorant indoctrinated mind too closed?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's not necessarily in that way. The US has done quite alot of meddling in the Middle East to secure Oil and all that shit. When you add into the fact that it's a massive Israel ally, that just makes it that much worse for the US themselves in terms of being the "enemy", moreso than most other countries. Before all the Israel shit started, there was no real tension between the Muslims and the US. They were both on good terms.

You're not going to get any "solution" to the problem in the way that the Jews had a "solution", because it's not like all the Muslims are in Europe or America and have no country or army of their own. The Jews were defenceless. Hence why what happened, happened. You'd never get something like that with the Muslims, no matter how many people wish for it to. Even some sort of blockade like Galt wants, not exactly going to work in this globalised world. And the US/Western world would never do something like that, not when it constantly preaches its moral superiority over the rest of the world, both through the governments and the population themselves for the most part.

I think, at the end of the day, the only way this shit will really stop is when the oil runs out. Or the US doesn't need to care/meddle in the region because it no longer needs it. Even then, the Israel factor will still probably go on for awhile. That will probably be the main reason why the US is going to be a target for terrorism for a long time to come.

You can talk about developing the poorer Muslim countries so that there's less stupid rednecks willing to go on Jihad and all that shit, but even then you're always going to still have all that tension. This shit is going to last for a long time still.

In terms of the UK being a target of Islamic terrorism, it's probably more simple. We're not really a big Israel ally, all we need to do is distance ourselves from the US, probably grow closer to the EU. There's a much bigger chance of reconciliation between the EU/Muslim world than there is with the US.

If we didn't go to Iraq, which really pissed some people off, I don't think we'd be such a big target for Islamic extremists.

We need to just move from all this bullshit and focus towards our economy instead. Imagine how much we could have saved if we hadn't gone to those two wars. Economically, and Socially. You'd hardly have all this tension between Muslims and everyone else.

It's not like the US couldn't have done Afghanistan on its own if it really wanted to.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-12-26 07:42:45)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
You can't declare a war on a religion when millions of them are living within our countries already and are tied to us financially. It's not feasible.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

would be to NOT LET PEOPLE ON TERRORIST WATCH LISTS GET ON FUCKING AIRPLANES.
/thread

seriously, I don't get how someone like him could slip through security...they need face-scanners or something
But then people would bitch about big brother. You can't pick and choose. You either let people be more free and have shit like this (or worse) happen, or you amp up security measures at the risk of having the ACLU up your ass.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
argentino,  people bitch about the watchlist all the time...especially when the plane leaves without em.
Tu Stultus Es
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

FatherTed wrote:

Spose you should stop White Irish from doing anything to, since we get a bomb or so found every odd day.

I'm flying to Newark on Monday. Am I going to be diverted to Gitmo? What's the story with flying to the US now? What further checks/restrictions have they put in place?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-12-26 09:17:07)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CameronPoe wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I'm flying to Newark on Monday. Am I going to be diverted to Gitmo?
Why Newark? I hope Jersey isn't your final destination (no pun intended).
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I'm flying to Newark on Monday. Am I going to be diverted to Gitmo?
Why Newark? I hope Jersey isn't your final destination (no pun intended).
Halifax, Nova Scotia. 7 hour stopover though so I might get the train into Penn Stn.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

would be to NOT LET PEOPLE ON TERRORIST WATCH LISTS GET ON FUCKING AIRPLANES.
/thread

seriously, I don't get how someone like him could slip through security...they need face-scanners or something
But then people would bitch about big brother. You can't pick and choose. You either let people be more free and have shit like this (or worse) happen, or you amp up security measures at the risk of having the ACLU up your ass.
I know a kid whose name is Mohammed Omar (Same name as taliban leader). They almost pulled out the gloves on him lulz.

Second of all, how the fuck can someone sneak a bomb onto a plane with current fucking security checks. Hell they even took my friend's toe clippers on a flight to Singapore.

Cam: Just never fly through LAX
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
whats wrong with LAX?
Tu Stultus Es
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Cybargs wrote:

Cam: Just never fly through LAX
Or Miami. As I learned on a trip to Panama.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

eleven bravo wrote:

whats wrong with LAX?
They think everyone is a terrorist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard