Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
A male passenger on an international flight bound for Detroit Friday tried to blow up the plane with an explosive device in an incident that the White House is labeling an attempted act of terrorism.

Several people were hurt on the plane, which had Delta markings, but was listed as Northwest Flight 253. One person, possibly the suspect, was admitted to the University of Michigan Medical Center at Ann Arbor, hospital spokeswoman Tracy Justice said.

The suspect, who ABC reported suffered second-degree burns, told federal investigators he was connected to Al Qaeda, though authorities are questioning the veracity of that statement, Fox News confirmed. A federal situational awareness bulletin noted that the explosive was acquired in Yemen with instructions as to when it should be used, ABC said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581153,00.html

I think we're overdue for a holy war. This shit can't keep up.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mikkel
+383|6593
I'd like to see what actually happened once the media gets off their frenzy. On one site it was a device, on another site it was a powder, on a third site it was an explosive device, and on a fourth site it was an incendiary device.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

JohnG@lt wrote:

We're trying. Only 2 fronts right now, but hopefully we can expand the entire political Middle East into one big front.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

mikkel wrote:

I'd like to see what actually happened once the media gets off their frenzy. On one site it was a device, on another site it was a powder, on a third site it was an explosive device, and on a fourth site it was an incendiary device.
which said which?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

We're trying. Only 2 fronts right now, but hopefully we can expand the entire political Middle East into one big front.
No, I mean the rest of the world getting on board. They will just keep doing this shit indefinitely until they are bitchslapped down.

Seriously, I'm not a rah rah blow em up guy in the slightest. Between this and the Fort Hood shooter this year and everything else that has happened in the past 20 years they've shown they are dangerous, can not be reasoned with and are fanatical. They serve no purpose on the face of the earth and need to be eradicated.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-12-25 17:35:10)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, I mean the rest of the world getting on board. They will just keep doing this shit indefinitely until they are bitchslapped down.
What are people supposed to do when on board? Military action? Concentration camps? Hold on Muslim traveling? I don't get it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

What are people supposed to do when on board? Military action? Concentration camps? Hold on Muslim traveling? I don't get it.
Containment. Cut them off from contact with the rest of the world. No flights in or out, no road access, nothing. I'm not suggesting genocide, I'm suggesting a Cuba style blockade on the entire Muslim world by the West (and the East as well).
-Frederick Bastiat
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6587|Toronto-Canada
3rd war world!!!!!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Containment. Cut them off from contact with the rest of the world. No flights in or out, no road access, nothing. I'm not suggesting genocide, I'm suggesting a Cuba style blockade on the entire Muslim world by the West (and the East as well).
We can't. The "west" does too much vital trade with the Muslim world which stretches from Morocco to Indonesia.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

We can't. The "west" does too much vital trade with the Muslim world which stretches from Morocco to Indonesia.
Only oil. They have nothing else to offer up in trade.
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

https://www.yourchildlearns.com/online-atlas/continent/images/indian-ocean.gif
That entire area would become a haven for pirates, drug trade, and make tourism to the non Muslim nations extremely difficult. Many of those nations rely on tourism as their number one source of wealth.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

It's weird how close he came, and then yet it was all good because the bomb didn't work. What the hell is the chance of that?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

He was studying in the UK, at a good university nonetheless. You're proposing we deport all Muslims? Sounds rather like a mild version of ethnic cleansing.

EDIT: Also, you're a moron.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-12-25 17:59:09)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6630|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Again.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

I'm going to keep debating on my own here, because no one appears to be online and the Chargers - Titans game is at half-time.

He was on a terrorist watch list. A pretty fucking obvious solution to this terrorist problem - rather than some jackass move like try to block off a third of the world - would be to NOT LET PEOPLE ON TERRORIST WATCH LISTS GET ON FUCKING AIRPLANES.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
This is going to make my flight to Canada via the US on Monday nice and straightforward...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

CameronPoe wrote:

This is going to make my flight to Canada via the US on Monday nice and straightforward...
That depends; think you might enjoy having a burly TSA agent slip you a digit?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Seriously, I'm not a rah rah blow em up guy in the slightest. Between this and the Fort Hood shooter this year and everything else that has happened in the past 20 years they've shown they are dangerous, can not be reasoned with and are fanatical. They serve no purpose on the face of the earth and need to be eradicated.
The rest of the world is not going to get on board with some bullshit holy war. And you speak of a they as if they are easily identifiable. Your comments are not very rational. The fact they are all muslim is because  the most resource rich region of the world upon which we rely and seek to impose our influence on happens to be majority muslim. If we were self sufficient or weren't content not to advance towards self sufficiency and reliance on no-one but ourselves we wouldn't have so many people politically opposed to us. It's too easy to point a gun at someone or pay off corrupt goverments for the opportunity not to bother with self-reliance. Next time we have a robbery shall we start a 'War on Crime'. C'mon now.

If it were simply a matter of religion then that guy could quite simply have sauntered into southern Nigeria to massacre some Nigerian catholics.

On another note - fairplay to the passenger who jumped on the would be bomber, not so fairplay to the inept airport security.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-12-25 18:26:08)

mikkel
+383|6593

Kmarion wrote:

mikkel wrote:

which said which?
The LA Times called it an 'incendiary device', Voice of America called it an 'explosive device', and the Washington Post are referring to a powder.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

JohnG@lt wrote:

Tell that to all of the multinational corporations whose logos I saw all over the fucking place in Jerusalem, Aqaba, Istanbul, Sarajevo, Mostar, Tangiers, Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Aswan. 1.1 billion potential customers, a subset of which represent some of the cheapest labour on earth.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

And because they make up a very small minority, they can't be fought with conventional warfare.  If anything, we have to engage foreign governments more to get them to clean up their own messes.

This can involve things like sanctions.  If we keep invading places, it's just going to breed more terror.

EDIT:  I just read your follow up.  Cutting off all the trade we do with all of the Muslim World won't work, but we can certainly target problem countries like Pakistan.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-12-25 18:27:52)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

ghettoperson wrote:

would be to NOT LET PEOPLE ON TERRORIST WATCH LISTS GET ON FUCKING AIRPLANES.
/thread

seriously, I don't get how someone like him could slip through security...they need face-scanners or something
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6630|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Poseidon wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

/thread

seriously, I don't get how someone like him could slip through security...they need face-scanners or something
x2, this shit is fucked up!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Poseidon wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

/thread

He wasn't on a no-fly list, it was just a watch list. As soon as he bought his ticket he'll have been flagged. I appreciate that sometimes they have to let these guys do their thing in order to catch the bigger players, but they should have increased security on them to make sure they can't pull this shit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That depends; think you might enjoy having a burly TSA agent slip you a digit?
Nearly happened in Israel. Any better ideas as to how to spend a 7 hour stopover at Newark airport?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard