Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Not having the Y-axis inverted on a controller is beyond retardation.
calling everyone, doing something in a different way from yourself, retarded is retarded
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah I don't mind taking that back. I am well aware that i'm in the minority when it comes to this. I just feel that the other way is so wrong.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-02-13 16:59:04)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
Yeah i know someone who is adamant that you have to invert the Y axis, although that's on the pc. But then he also uses 'x' as move backwards instead of 's'. Now that is retarded.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Because when you pull down on the stick, the part that tells the controller what to do is moving upwards. When you push the stick upwards, the input is moving downwards. It's just far far more intuitive. I have a lot more control that way.
So, following that logic, do you also have the X-axis inverted?

It basically comes down to practice and habit in such things.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Yeah you're right that doesn't make much sense.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Personally, I use inverted an Y-axis whenever it's about absolute movement relative to the game world, i.e. for controlling the pitch of vehicles like airplanes, helicopters or cars. Pressing down raises the nose and lowers the tail.
For everything where it's about aiming with a crosshair or cursor, I use controls relative to my computer monitor, to have the same controls you have with a mouse cursor on a flat surface.

In vehicular combat games where a weapon is mounted on the vehicle, I prefer the former control, but if the weapon can be moved independently from the vehicle, I prefer the latter control scheme.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard