Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Spearhead wrote:

Miggle wrote:

spearhead there is nothing original or innovative to any of the mass effect games. being highly anticipated means virtually nothing about its quality.

frostbite is a clunky engine with about 100 million bugs. The destruction of it is gimmicky and IMO detracts from the gameplay. Games on other shooter engines suck as UE3 and Quake 3 are far superior. Frostbite is a bad engine, and is most of the reason recent battlefields are unplayable for me.
1. I never said popularity has anything to do with quality.  I am saying, popular games are popular for a REASON, and me, like many people on this site, love and adore Mass Effect.  The burden is on YOU, to ARTICULATE why we are all wrong.  /reading comprehension (you still have not said anything about Mass Effect, other than that you don't like it )

2. Every Battlefield has been clunky, with 100 million bugs.  The destruction in BF3 is nothing compared to destruction in Bad Company 1/2.  Keep spinning in linguistic circles, this is fun.

I realize you are probably trolling me but I honestly don't care, its 1 AM and am bored.
I've played all 3 of the latest battlefield games. You admit that frostbite is clunky and buggy, so why would you want your game on it.

And as for mass effect, you said you would want elements of it in your game like story (which we agreed was cheesy) third person combat (which is really never very good) and the weapon system (because overheating instead of ammo was so good that they scrapped it in the next game).

The reason I think your game would suck is because everything you want in it is bad.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Miggle wrote:

I've played all 3 of the latest battlefield games. You admit that frostbite is clunky and buggy, so why would you want your game on it.

And as for mass effect, you said you would want elements of it in your game like story (which we agreed was cheesy) third person combat (which is really never very good) and the weapon system (because overheating instead of ammo was so good that they scrapped it in the next game).

The reason I think your game would suck is because everything you want in it is bad.
1. Because like everything ever created by human beings, ever, there are pros and cons to everything.  Frostbite is clunky and buggy, but how much of it has to do with the multiplayer/internet complications, and how much of it has to do with the engine itself?  BF3, in my experience anyway, is less buggy than BF2.  It is far from perfect, but I have yet to hear one weapon constantly firing on full auto when no one is shooting.

2. (Yup we agreed it was cheesy) DURP.  I like cheese on my hamburgers.  I do not like hamburgers on my cheese.  Comprende?  Third person combat is much better for singleplayer action/RPG's than first person will ever be.  As for the weapon system, they are bringing it back in ME3 because ammo was bitched about so much in ME2.

sigh
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Spearhead wrote:

Miggle wrote:

1. Because like everything ever created by human beings, ever, there are pros and cons to everything.  Frostbite is clunky and buggy, but how much of it has to do with the multiplayer/internet complications, and how much of it has to do with the engine itself?  BF3, in my experience anyway, is less buggy than BF2.  It is far from perfect, but I have yet to hear one weapon constantly firing on full auto when no one is shooting.

2. (Yup we agreed it was cheesy) DURP.  I like cheese on my hamburgers.  I do not like hamburgers on my cheese.  Comprende?  Third person combat is much better for singleplayer action/RPG's than first person will ever be.  As for the weapon system, they are bringing it back in ME3 because ammo was bitched about so much in ME2.

sigh
You're not proposing a singleplayer game though, the game you're proposing has multiplayer. So you want the singleplayer to be cheesy and poorly written and the multiplayer to be stuck with 3rd person and a clunky engine.

Sign me up, where can I pre-order?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Merged.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

Beduin wrote:

My dream game
Total war style strategy game but in modern age. The battles must be 'Command and Conquer Generals' style.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I'd be happy if Generals 2 lets you pick and choose what areas you want to attack on a between-map campaign screen like Dune 2000.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Rather than come up with a game idea, as a PCfag, here's things I like to see in games:

Retail Features
- professionally-designed color manual with useful information. i realize this isn't essential with the internet and pdf's, but it's easier to simply pull out the manual to look something up rather than tab out all the time. either do this or make some sort of an in-game wiki key out of F1
- a box that will fit on a shelf designed for DVD's

Pre-Order essentials
- at least one in-game item that won't be eventually sold as DLC, even if others are

Collector's Edition Essentials
- soundtrack cd and MP3's
- making-of DVD
- art book and (if applicable) world map
- some other sort of knickknack kicker like a small statuette, or something else like a hat (a REAL hat, TF2noobs )
- reasonable price range, no more than $100

Menu Features
- 100% keyboard navigable with function key shortcuts
- no required log-in for single player with the exception of initial steam log-in
- multiple control profiles (accessible cross-player profile) for gamepads/joysticks and k/m (with two default settings: one for righties (wsad-centric) and one for lefties (classic; arrow-centric)
- multiple on-the-fly mouse sensitivity hotkeys able to be set for people without a mouse that can do it itself
- i understand if a developer is reluctant to have people to pause in the middle of a competitive multiplayer game to adjust controls, but at least let them do it from a private game or single player/coop
- optional custom descriptions for save games with appended timestamps (rather than have a hundred games simply called "main town mm/dd/yy/tt")
- multiple-playthrough savegame capacity and the ability to create back-ups from the menu
- description bar and est. performance impact for audio and video options, and a one-click "ultra" setting that actually means what it should: max everything

Multiplayer Features
- dedicated servers for the PC release
- push-to-talk mic support set as default, rather than the hated always-on status...or at least made available
- the essentials: for fps - deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, objective or chain-objective based (attack/defend or hybrid), and duel mode (if it would fit the game's style); for rts - annihilate (base destruction, base/unit destruction), assassinate ("hero" destruction), attrition (unit loss cap), and take and hold
- cooperative modes for campaigns, or at least coop maps or survival-type modes
- unlocks tied to skill rather than time; make people work for a thing rather than have to grind for it, and be sure none of the objectives will interfere with other players' game time quality (no spammy thing that'll take an active player away from contributing to the team)
- stat tracking that makes sense and is easily accessed from the net to make forum sigs with. good things to track would be amount of times in a match scoring x amount of kills at y amount of k:d ratio (examples - 10:1, 20:2, 30:3, 40:4, etc.) or z amount of caps...stuff like that
- end-of-game scoreboard that accurately reflects contributions made to a team; why not credit point uncaps if it drains enemy tickets? it's not hard to implement, even for an FPS. example:
PLAYER NAMEKILLSDEATHSKDRASSISTSCAPTUREDNEUTRALIZEDDEFENDEDFINAL SCORE
Bubba Ho-Tep11011:0613511,130
Jerry Springer77102074,190
etc

...and on mouseover or tabbed to a next sheet, information on preferred weapons, classes and vehicles and how often they were used. stats r lyfe

Support
- game-stopping, unreasonably poor performance (preferably fixed before release) addressed before DLC feature creep creates even more problems
- modification-friendly with deobfuscated tools released at least a reasonable amount of time after game release
- responsive staff on forums who will at least address common issue complaints in a sticky and say they know about them and are working on a solution so everyone will shut up about it

Expansion/Sequel Features
- contiguous campaign with preceding and suceeding series titles
- no more than $10 per booster pack, $5 per map pack, $1 per skin or 50% of the original title's price for an expansion; and none of these until the big issues have been addressed
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Rather than come up with a game idea, as a PCfag, here's things I like to see in games:

Retail Features
- professionally-designed color manual with useful information. i realize this isn't essential with the internet and pdf's, but it's easier to simply pull out the manual to look something up rather than tab out all the time. either do this or make some sort of an in-game wiki key out of F1
- a box that will fit on a shelf designed for DVD's

Pre-Order essentials
- at least one in-game item that won't be eventually sold as DLC, even if others are

Collector's Edition Essentials
- soundtrack cd and MP3's
- making-of DVD
- art book and (if applicable) world map
- some other sort of knickknack kicker like a small statuette, or something else like a hat (a REAL hat, TF2noobs )
- reasonable price range, no more than $100

Menu Features
- 100% keyboard navigable with function key shortcuts
- no required log-in for single player with the exception of initial steam log-in
- multiple control profiles (accessible cross-player profile) for gamepads/joysticks and k/m (with two default settings: one for righties (wsad-centric) and one for lefties (classic; arrow-centric)
- multiple on-the-fly mouse sensitivity hotkeys able to be set for people without a mouse that can do it itself
- i understand if a developer is reluctant to have people to pause in the middle of a competitive multiplayer game to adjust controls, but at least let them do it from a private game or single player/coop
- optional custom descriptions for save games with appended timestamps (rather than have a hundred games simply called "main town mm/dd/yy/tt")
- multiple-playthrough savegame capacity and the ability to create back-ups from the menu
- description bar and est. performance impact for audio and video options, and a one-click "ultra" setting that actually means what it should: max everything

Multiplayer Features
- dedicated servers for the PC release
- push-to-talk mic support set as default, rather than the hated always-on status...or at least made available
- the essentials: for fps - deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, objective or chain-objective based (attack/defend or hybrid), and duel mode (if it would fit the game's style); for rts - annihilate (base destruction, base/unit destruction), assassinate ("hero" destruction), attrition (unit loss cap), and take and hold
- cooperative modes for campaigns, or at least coop maps or survival-type modes
- unlocks tied to skill rather than time; make people work for a thing rather than have to grind for it, and be sure none of the objectives will interfere with other players' game time quality (no spammy thing that'll take an active player away from contributing to the team)
- stat tracking that makes sense and is easily accessed from the net to make forum sigs with. good things to track would be amount of times in a match scoring x amount of kills at y amount of k:d ratio (examples - 10:1, 20:2, 30:3, 40:4, etc.) or z amount of caps...stuff like that
- end-of-game scoreboard that accurately reflects contributions made to a team; why not credit point uncaps if it drains enemy tickets? it's not hard to implement, even for an FPS. example:
PLAYER NAMEKILLSDEATHSKDRASSISTSCAPTUREDNEUTRALIZEDDEFENDEDFINAL SCORE
Bubba Ho-Tep11011:0613511,130
Jerry Springer77102074,190
etc

...and on mouseover or tabbed to a next sheet, information on preferred weapons, classes and vehicles and how often they were used. stats r lyfe

Support
- game-stopping, unreasonably poor performance (preferably fixed before release) addressed before DLC feature creep creates even more problems
- modification-friendly with deobfuscated tools released at least a reasonable amount of time after game release
- responsive staff on forums who will at least address common issue complaints in a sticky and say they know about them and are working on a solution so everyone will shut up about it

Expansion/Sequel Features
- contiguous campaign with preceding and suceeding series titles
- no more than $10 per booster pack, $5 per map pack, $1 per skin or 50% of the original title's price for an expansion; and none of these until the big issues have been addressed
This makes really sad and mad at the same time.
Because everybody knows, that a game with all these specs will never, ever happen again.

Gaming now is a mainstream corporate business, and I read that they have already surpassed the music industry in net profits, with the film industry getting beaten not long in the future.
Games already have, and are bound to get even more crappy, just like mainstream music and movies have gone down the drain in the past decade.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

bugz wrote:

This game with better graphics and the ability to fight the battles where you send your soldiers abroad.
So Pharoah or Caesar 3-4
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Maybe it's been a while since I've played it but I don't remember Caesar being quite the same as Zeus
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

""
When I scrolled back up the page I fcking knew it was you who had posted it.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4844|Amsterdam

Camm wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

""
When I scrolled back up the page I fcking knew it was you who had posted it.
hahahahahahahahahahaha. I had the exact same thought.
I'm missing the different colored highlights though, i guess he only spent 1 hour on that post
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Try seven minutes. It doesn't take a long time to tag color= and /color or to bold, underline or italicize.

Don't you love it when people quote a tl;dr post on like the same page it was made just to type two lines?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Try seven minutes. It doesn't take a long time to tag color= and /color or to bold, underline or italicize.

Don't you love it when people quote a tl;dr post on like the same page it was made just to type two lines?
On my phone
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

i bet if anyone else posted newbies post noone would have cared
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

globefish23 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

""
This makes really sad and mad at the same time.
Because everybody knows, that a game with all these specs will never, ever happen again.

Gaming now is a mainstream corporate business, and I read that they have already surpassed the music industry in net profits, with the film industry getting beaten not long in the future.
Games already have, and are bound to get even more crappy, just like mainstream music and movies have gone down the drain in the past decade.
Most of the stuff I listed is simple craftsmanship. The biggest problems I have with games nowadays (aside from paying for products still in beta but advertised as retail) are their half-assed interfaces, both in-game and out. The Skyrim videos made a big deal about how easy it was for everyone to figure stuff out, but forgot to mention that once you change your controls, it'll leave you in the lurch. That's another thing! If you have "press r to do this" in an in-game tutorial, but don't change the message if someone moves "r" somewhere else in the controls configuration, you're messing with their mind.

I miss Looking Glass.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

we all do
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard