Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
there were 50 reports too Kmar

plus closing I dunno...20 threads? more?

plus absolutely agonizing over how long all the bans were going to be

plus quote the thread and delete the first quote tag Kmar haha
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Oh wow, now the mods really are powertripping. Not in a literal sense, but they are.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

lol
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Flaming_Maniac
how do you powertrip not in a literal sense

What does powertripping mean literally?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
not so much "oh god I have power I must use it" but "I know what's best for these people and I'll enforce it if they want it or not"
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Lucien wrote:

not so much "oh god I have power I must use it" but "I know what's best for these people and I'll enforce it if they want it or not"
The site has rules tard.  You accepted these rules when you registered.  It doesn't matter if you want it or not.
Flaming_Maniac
Well that's kinda the definition of power then isn't it? Kinda defined every administrative system ever right there apart from a direct democracy.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
So have we lost ee chat forever?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Pochsy wrote:

So have we lost ee chat forever?
lol, course not.
Flaming_Maniac
I wasn't thinking about it but Kmar is right. There are mods on both sides of the issue. Pretty much the only thing keeping the idea going was that it is good for the community in that it encourages keeping the content clean while letting everyone else have their non-constructive fun somewhere else. How is someone supposed to argue that point now?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

It would loose members, also if it was just closed here, but not the AU chat then the AU chat would resume being the EE Chat, and it would be the same.

And if you closed the AU chat the au mods would freak out....
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
Good work FM

We should probably delete those threads, so the proper EE threads are on the front page of this section.

I approve of Sam's ban. haha.. he didn't last long. predictable.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

It has been a success for months now... Sure... Shit happened... but why take it away.. a punishment? Now for the majority there is nowhere to make chat like posts....

tbh, re open it... or this shit will get worse imo.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Some people may want a smaller community. Think about it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

Dauntless wrote:

It would loose members, also if it was just closed here, but not the AU chat then the AU chat would resume being the EE Chat, and it would be the same.

It would become the EE chat? What?

It never used to be.. why would it be now?

Kmarion wrote:

Compared to 2 years ago.. it's tiny.

Last edited by tazz. (2009-12-11 19:18:48)

Flaming_Maniac
Yeah like we see AU Chat as anything different? How do AU mods have any more say about it than the rest of us? More than chuy?

It was really stupid shit guys. Probably epitomized when someone actually called it a fucking raid. If BF2S doesn't have the maturity to let its hair down if you will, then it's just going to be strict and probably die. Chuy has never struck me as the type that would let his forum become anarchy rather than just let it die.

if someone wants to delete I don't care
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah like we see AU Chat as anything different?
Explain.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

tazz. wrote:

It has been a success for months now... Sure... Shit happened... but why take it away.. a punishment? Now for the majority there is nowhere to make chat like posts....

tbh, re open it... or this shit will get worse imo.
https://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7149/4223077411.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

tazz. wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

It would become the EE chat? What?

It never used to be.. why would it be now?
Oh yes it's just for "chatting about those rounds on the server, about that person you pwned or generally anything about the AU server."

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yeah like we see AU Chat as anything different? How do AU mods have any more say about it than the rest of us? More than chuy?

It was really stupid shit guys. Probably epitomized when someone actually called it a fucking raid. If BF2S doesn't have the maturity to let its hair down if you will, then it's just going to be strict and probably die. Chuy has never struck me as the type that would let his forum become anarchy rather than just let it die.

if someone wants to delete I don't care
You shouldn't see it as anything different, that's my point. But if you upset the upside down mods they are gonna be butthurt and moody and everything will get worse from there.
Flaming_Maniac

tazz. wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Explain.
uhh

It's exactly like EE Chat, except that it is intended for Aussies. Not exclusively for, intended for. A place to chill where content rules don't need to be strictly followed.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

tazz. wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Explain.
uhh

It's exactly like EE Chat, except that it is intended for Aussies. Not exclusively for, intended for. A place to chill where content rules don't need to be strictly followed.

AussieReaper wrote:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/facepalm.gif
I think you've clouded yourself with your ego.

AU chat for me, and many of the others there, is a place to mingle with what i would consider some awesome mates that i value highly. BF2s for us is simply a median. Why rock the boat?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
BF2s has much better mods than most forums, and the users themselves are also above average. My problem with the typical system of moderators on a forum is that it is fundamentally flawed. Nothing good can come of taking a closed group of people and then giving some of them a superior status. On top of that, you have zero accountability to the users and not much more to the other mods or admins. You treat this place as if the users should be grateful they can have a chat here.
That is my problem with this and all other forums: the circlejerking, the closed community, the sucking up to registration dates and moderators, and the sometimes unnecessary rules. The forum you're trying to create is not the forum the users come here for.

Uzique wrote:

there's like 5 active posters left on this site, what does it matter if we all wanna flame each other? it's not as if the DROVES of NEW MEMBERS joining EVERY DAY are going to see our posts and be like 'oh no! back to the gametrailers forum with parental guidance!'
Spoiler (highlight to read):
This has nothing to do with the spam threads today.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
"why don't you just leave" is not an argument
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Just drop it guys, seriously.

You aren't even doing anything wrong Tazz, let us all blame the idiots for their mess
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

tazz. wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Compared to 2 years ago.. it's tiny.

Kmarion wrote:

Xbone Stormsurgezz
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

meh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard