Hakei
Banned
+295|6018

Uzique wrote:

Hakei wrote:

The God Delusion.
yeah pick up some jeremy clarkson and the biography of jay-z whilst you're at it.
How can you compare the two? It's a practical book. Heaven forbid suggesting something other than a 200 year old existentialistic piece though, eh? The God Delusion covers the topic of religion/Atheism better than any other I've read and certainly shows the major flaws in religions and their illogical reasoning. What's your criteria? Anything that doesn't require a dictionary more than 3 times a page is in the 'Jay-Z' bin?

Fallacious, Uzique.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5609

Hakei wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Hakei wrote:

The God Delusion.
yeah pick up some jeremy clarkson and the biography of jay-z whilst you're at it.
How can you compare the two? It's a practical book. Heaven forbid suggesting something other than a 200 year old existentialistic piece though, eh? The God Delusion covers the topic of religion/Atheism better than any other I've read and certainly shows the major flaws in religions and their illogical reasoning. What's your criteria? Anything that doesn't require a dictionary more than 3 times a page is in the 'Jay-Z' bin?

Fallacious, Uzique.
Must not have read much than.

The God Delusion does a good job of looking at it from an atheist perspective but fails at being objective. Still an interesting read though.

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-12-01 19:27:30)

rdx-fx
+955|6614
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51F22oFUGiL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

How Everything Works: Making Physics Out of the Ordinary

or
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31UHZq-JxRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA198_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Practical Electronics for Inventor

Both are approachable enough to read for enjoyment, but have enough technical content that you're actually learning useful, practical knowledge.
The second, in particular, covers the major points one would remember from the first 2 or 3 years of an Electrical Engineering degree.  Not bad, for an easy to read, sometimes humorous, and only 952 page notebook sized paperback.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2009-12-01 19:28:10)

rdx-fx
+955|6614

burnzz wrote:

Holy Freudien Slip Batman!
Be nice.

There's more than a few people on Bf2S that, had Freud lived to meet them, he would've written at least a couple more books.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

lawl, i got busted deleting again, nice catch!
Hakei
Banned
+295|6018

rdx-fx wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Be nice.

There's more than a few people on Bf2S that, had Freud lived to meet them, he would've written at least a couple more books.
It was fate, and now some mod burnzz deleted all record of it.

Macbeth wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Fallacious, Uzique.

The God Delusion does a good job of looking at it from an atheist perspective but fails at being objective. Still an interesting read though.
You're correct - it's not objective. Doesn't discredit it as a book. Religious is ludicrous and looking at it with objectivity is the quickest way to get through it. Seriously, what subjective look on the topic do you want?

I suppose it's only a good read for those who aren't religious, though I'm sure a small number may have converted after reading it.

Last edited by Hakei (2009-12-01 19:35:54)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5609

Hakei wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Be nice.

It was fate, and now some mod burnzz deleted all record of it.

Macbeth wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Fallacious, Uzique.

You're correct - it's not objective. Doesn't discredit it as a book. Religious is ludicrous and looking at it with objectivity is the quickest way to get through it. Seriously, what subjective look on the topic do you want?

I suppose it's only a good read for those who aren't religious, though I'm sure a small number may have converted after reading it.
You said it looked at the religion/atheism better than anything you ever read. Just saying, that there have been other books that have covered the differences better that have looked at the subject objectively.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6730|67.222.138.85
why would you want to read about why religion is stupid if you're an atheist

You can access MIT lectures online.
rdx-fx
+955|6614

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You can access MIT lectures online.
Or download the video of the lecture onto an iPod, through iTunes iTunes > Itunes Store > iTunesU > Universities & Colleges

Tons of brainfood available there.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494

Hakei wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Hakei wrote:

The God Delusion.

Fallacious, Uzique.
er no, anything that is shit and is endorsed by easily-impressionable morons goes into the jay-z bin.

nothing to do with existentialistic pieces (what the fuck are they and what do they have to do with anything)

also, 'practical book'? it's the scornful conjecture of one of the biggest intellectual-pricks on the planet.

interesting read as a polemic as long as taken with an ocean worth's of salt.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hakei
Banned
+295|6018

Uzique wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Fallacious, Uzique.
er no, anything that is shit and is endorsed by easily-impressionable morons goes into the jay-z bin.
Objective.

Uzique wrote:

nothing to do with existentialistic pieces (what the fuck are they and what do they have to do with anything)
Adds nothing to your argument.

Uzique wrote:

also, 'practical book'? it's the scornful conjecture of one of the biggest intellectual-pricks on the planet.
Objective.

Uzique wrote:

interesting read as a polemic as long as taken with an ocean worth's of salt.
Of course, something that discredits a belief system that suggests talking snakes, men made from dust and someone living inside a whale for four days needs to be taken with a salt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard