Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

I'll be honest with you. I had my reserves about this game. I'd heard mixed reviews at times, and whilst all the mainstream critics had nothing but praise for it, alot of my friends said it was really medicore( but those guys are elitist Counter-Strike players).

Anyway, I picked up the game for $100 on steam, it was smooth to install and downloaded quickly. I quickly selected my difficulty as veteran.

I don't care what people say about the multi player for this game, the single player is just awesome. There were so many amazing parts spread out, even if the plot was very thin and implausible. I loved all the characters, especially Soap (what kind of muppet has a name like that ). The guns and vehicles are amazing. In the end, this game fucking blew me away, especially the parts where I was in the AC-130 and the nuke went off. Those parts, spliced with so many hours of non stop action made the single player for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare unbelievable.

Last edited by Jestar (2009-11-18 04:38:57)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
welcome to 2007
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

Pro-tip:

Multiplayer of MW2 is far superior to the spam-fest most CoD4 servers were.

I haven't beaten the SP yet. Barely played it tbh. I have Dragon Age: Origins for that.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Jestar wrote:

The guns and vehicles are amazing.
Apart from the AC-130 what was your favourite vehicle?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

AussieReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

I enjoyed the snow-mobile bit meself. It's pretty early on though.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

AussieReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

War Pig was my no. 1 vehicle in MW2 SP for sure.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jestar
+373|6741

AussieReaper wrote:

Jestar wrote:

The car at the end, war-pig, the black hawk, they were all amazing
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
Singleplayer was pretty good, I still feel that MW1's singleplayer was a little bit more special though. I mean the first SAS boat mission is just amazing with all the water gushing in and stuff. I feel they kind of overdid the losing control bit in this one too much. Still highly enjoyable though.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
The singleplayer was

I liked the Ranger's at the start of the game (Foley and Dunn's squad), but General Shepherd is a fucking bastard. Sure, the story had more holes in it than Swiss cheese, but it was epic nonetheless. I knew that the SP would beat the MP in terms of the actual epxerience. MP is good, but it feels like I am playing an upgraded CoD4.

I love Hans Zimmer's music for the game more than anything. The music during the Introduction and the Boneyard mission was fucking epic.

Last edited by henno13 (2009-11-18 08:31:09)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
Going with Cpt Price through the winter woods Band of Brothers style right now.

The frist few missions were absolute shit, total epileptic clusterfuck, but after the third or so it really pulled me in!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

Jestar wrote:

especially the parts where I was in the AC-130 and the nuke went off.
I'm pretty sure that never happened.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Miggle wrote:

Jestar wrote:

especially the parts where I was in the AC-130 and the nuke went off.
I'm pretty sure that never happened.
He's talking about the 2 seperate events from COD4, I should know, it's my 5th account here.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6354|West NY

Jestar wrote:

I'll be honest with you. I had my reserves about this game. I'd heard mixed reviews at times, and whilst all the mainstream critics had nothing but praise for it, alot of my friends said it was really medicore( but those guys are elitist Counter-Strike players).

Anyway, I picked up the game for $100 on steam, it was smooth to install and downloaded quickly. I quickly selected my difficulty as veteran.

I don't care what people say about the multi player for this game, the single player is just awesome. There were so many amazing parts spread out, even if the plot was very thin and implausible. I loved all the characters, especially Soap (what kind of muppet has a name like that ). The guns and vehicles are amazing. In the end, this game fucking blew me away, especially the parts where I was in the AC-130 and the nuke went off. Those parts, spliced with so many hours of non stop action made the single player for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare unbelievable.
...I don't think it's possible to buy CoD 4 on steam for $100
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA
Enemy troll spotted!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
The single player makes no sense.

I mean, it's not hard to follow, but it has more holes in it a brick of Swiss cheese.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The single player makes no sense.

I mean, it's not hard to follow, but it has more holes in it a brick of Swiss cheese.
it's clearly suffering from the 'middle child' syndrome- just as half life 2: episode 2 did. didnt seem to make a lot of sense. lots of sub-plots and new characters/ideas that are never fully developed or taken anywhere, just waiting for the finale and next sequel to neatly wrap them up. mw2 clearly aches for a follow-up to add denouement and closure to the story. the episodic content that we DO have makes sense in isolated fragments, it's just a shame that we'll have to wait for the next game in order to see the overall 'big' picture and conspiracy at work here. nothing new, though. definitely nothing particular to the CoD series; frankly old-hat in the gaming industry.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645

m3thod wrote:

welcome to 2007
hahah thats kind of like me I usually pick up games sometimes after everyone plays them and then u realize like damn this shit is awsm, after u been playing some other crappy game lol
Jestar
+373|6741

Proofg that people don't actually read these days.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Jestar wrote:

Or spell correctly.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Jestar wrote:

I did read your post.

Just CoD4 has pretty much been discussed until the cows come home previously, so I r decided to talk bout the new one.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Single player made no sense.

Why does Shepard betray you?

How do the Russians figure out Allen was CIA, and then plan and maneuver and invasion force in 3 days without anyone noticing?

What happens to Makarov?

Seriously, why the fuck did Shepard betray you?

What happened to the US? Did the Russians just pack their bags and leave and everything was k after they got nuked/EMP'd?

What was the point of rescuing Price?

WHY THE FUCK DID SHEPARD BETRAY YOU???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Kez
+778|5703|London, UK
Agreed, Singleplayer was incredible. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward for any singleplayer DLC or MW3 in two years

How do the Russians figure out Allen was CIA, and then plan and maneuver and invasion force in 3 days without anyone noticing?

What happens to Makarov?

What happened to the US? Did the Russians just pack their bags and leave and everything was k after they got nuked/EMP'd?

That's why sequels were invented

Last edited by Kez (2009-11-19 14:23:34)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast

Wanted to be a hero I suppose, he wanted to be the guy who took down Makarov. I guess he didn't like TF 141 enough them trust them with the job. I also guess he was pissed off with Price launching the Nuke against his orders.

If you mean Makarov, who knows. But the Russian goverment obviously IDed him somehow. They used the craked ACS module to evade the American defenses, I guess they were so pissed off with America that they sped up their attack. But its just a game.

What happens to Makarov?
We don't know, welcome to the MW3 bandwagon

The shit hit the fan for them most likley. They were cut off and had no communications. The Americans knew what their objective was, but they didn't. They were probably extremley confused by the EMP and lost most of their combat effectivness when they lost their planes and helicopters

Maybe IW wanted and excuse to bring him back becasue they fucking love him

The SP had more holes in it than Swiss cheese, but I still thought it was great.

Last edited by henno13 (2009-11-19 14:29:16)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia

Because you were trying to stop his plan. He was a mad man with shit tactics.

It could be obvious to mak that you werent really a russian. They were pissed.

What happens to Makarov?

He escapes. Wait till the sequel

^^^

They are still there. TBC in sequel

Because he knew things that others didnt. He played a vital role in intel.

Cause your gay.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

NeXuS wrote:

Cause your gay.
*you're

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard