Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

First heard them back in highschool at a party when the song Point / Counter Point was playing. They have a different sort of song since they use Trumpets along with guitars, and drums. I put most of the songs from their first album below. Try them out and tell me what you think or if you heard them before tell me your opinion.
Everything went Numb
Point/ Counter Point
Here's to Life
Saddest Song
A Better Place, A better Time
That'll be the day
Wreckognize
+294|6476
I'm not really a fan of ska, but I saw Streetlight live in Philly a few months ago and they put on an amazing show.  I'd definitely see them again. 

Also ska kids dance funny.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5624|Southern California
I almost saw them live about a year ago but I didn't.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5990|The Mitten
Macbeth, it's called Ska.

Also, they were better as Catch 22.
EE (hats
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6712|Sydney, Australia

Morpheus wrote:

Macbeth, it's called Ska.

Also, they were better as Catch 22.
Lol yeah, it's just Ska. They remind me of a cross between Reel Big Fish and The Cat Empire.

btw, have you guys heard of The Cat Empire over there?

(that song was live )
Defiance
+438|6661

mcminty wrote:

btw, have you guys heard of The Cat Empire over there?
One of my favorite bands, but most people that I play them for don't become fans. The only friend I know that likes them is like me: we ignore most American culture and look for better outside the country.

Edit: OK, I'll be reasonable before I invite flames: *most American pop culture.

Last edited by Defiance (2009-11-15 22:28:33)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

traitor

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Wreckognize wrote:

I'm not really a fan of ska,
i actually liked No Doubt when they did ska.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Well I never heard anyone that had that same sound so I didn't know there was genre named ska ok?
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6316|England
I love Ska. My dad played it all the time as I was growing up, + it's all over the scooter scene.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6712|Sydney, Australia

Macbeth wrote:

Well I never heard anyone that had that same sound so I didn't know there was genre named ska ok?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetlight_Manifesto

Streetlight Manifesto is an American ska band from East Brunswick Township, New Jersey under the creative leadership of Tomas Kalnoky. They have been considered by many as ska punk and 3rd wave ska.
Then follow the links about ska
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5534|Toronto
The Planet Smashers are my favorite ska band. I don't normally listen to this stuff, but some of it is good party music.

From Quebec.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard