-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

...with some tweaks and it is very accurate.
All I'm saying is by pointing and shooting with a standard M4 I can easily hit a 300 yard human sized metal plate.

With the AK47 I can't - not to mention the sights suck hairy midget balls.
The tweaks are about its materials, not its sights or accuracy.
Well then you're a good shot because I can't hit shit with 'em.

Oh and just for fun, has anybody shot an M1 Garand at 500 yards? I love the:

PSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW PINGGGGGGG

It's a beautiful echo you hear then an awesome PINNNNNG from hitting the metal plates
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Lai
+186|6152

Mitch wrote:

Sick AK. Do you own these?
Unfortunately not; I live in Euroland.

On topic: we're talking zombies, not invading Russkies with SVD's. No zombie is going to bite or vomit on you from a 70 meter distance. Yes you can hit that zombie from 200 meters plus easily with an M4, but why would you want to do that? If the zombie is that far away, there is no need of drawing its attention. Apart from that, when you actually positively do want to take out that zombie, at say 10 meters, that M4 of yours is more likely to jam on you and that 5.56mm might just tickle the zombie. Also, even though I do not have any live experience, I'm pretty sure 7.62x39mm isn't nearly as bad as 7.62x51mm and with the new AK's sporting compensators and some models even being counterbalanced, it should be pretty acceptable.

Last edited by Lai (2009-11-15 10:52:40)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Actually, ballistics make the 5.56mm round better for emptying someone's skull, because it fragments on impact. Even the AK is made in 5.56mm these days.
And it's lighter, so you can carry more.
Lai
+186|6152

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Actually, ballistics make the 5.56mm round better for emptying someone's skull, because it fragments on impact. Even the AK is made in 5.56mm these days.
And it's lighter, so you can carry more.
That's the theory, but chances of a through and through are substantial at extreme close ranges and beyond 25 meters the 5.56 won't reliably fragment at all. That leaves a really small effective spectrum, plus zombies don't adhere to the Geneva convention so you can take any type of ammo you want, in which case an expanding 7.62 will beat any 5.56 any day. Also there are FMJ 7.62 rounds, such as Yugoslav lead-core, that yaw substantially.

The AK is made in 5.56 only for the export market, not because it beats either the 7.62 or the 5.45. The latter round by the way has all the advantages of being lightweight and having even lower recoil than the 5.56, while packing a bigger punch. So if you'd go "low impulse all the way", I'd still pick an AK, be it chambered for 5.45.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

I'd look about getting myself food, a two knives, one long smooth and one shorter serrated, and if I got a gun, finding a suppressor.  Little point firing a gun if it attracts everything.  Would also help with escaping.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Unstoppable.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Macbeth wrote:

Unstoppable.
The sound, weight, restricted movement and visibility through that help would make it pointless.  They'd hear you from a mile away, come looking, latch onto you and start pulling apart the armour.  Better to have an apc - at least you can sit in it if things go wrong.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
I'd select support kit - extra ammo, high rate of fire, medic kit useless against zombies.

Then I'd just go from spawn point to spawn point trying to keep at least one open for my buddies.

No bunnyhopping, it means you can't run for as long and zombies probably don't have guns - except police and biker zombies but I reckon I could mow them down pretty quick.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
GR34
+215|6546|ALBERTA> CANADA
Drive the the CFB out side of town steal a Warrior and some ammo kill zombies.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
I would build a jello pool and make the walls so high that the zombies couldn't get out once they went in...like a pitcher plant. Zombies love jello.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
yeah but eventually you'll have so many zombies in there it will be full
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Dear thread,

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/facepalm.gif

regards,
Aussie Reaper
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
Krazed reported for spam

jk
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Well if this zombie apocalypse happened, then me owning any gun could happen too. Anything that shoots explosives please, and my house instantly becomes made of titanium alloy. What ifs, ftw
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

some_random_panda wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Unstoppable.
The sound, weight, restricted movement and visibility through that help would make it pointless.  They'd hear you from a mile away, come looking, latch onto you and start pulling apart the armour.  Better to have an apc - at least you can sit in it if things go wrong.
Lsiten to him, he knows what he´s talking about.

Mitch, I´m sorry, but you´ll be dead within the first day.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
Hijack a blimp, airship, or dirigible so I sail safety over your heads. When food supplies get low, I will hoover over a fast food joint or doughnut shop  and repel down. sweet plan yes

https://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/mykkigirl/c_leftside.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
https://www.looki.de/gfx/product/1/1612/additional/weapons/us/jackhammer.jpg

/thread.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK

loubot wrote:

Hijack a blimp, airship, or dirigible so I sail safety over your heads. When food supplies get low, I will hoover over a fast food joint or doughnut shop  and repel down. sweet plan yes

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/ … ftside.jpg
And then what happens when it blows away and you're stuck?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH

Skorpy-chan wrote:

loubot wrote:

A co-pilot would be nice but I didn't have one, I'll get a sugar-rush off of the Icee Machine.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Skorpy-chan wrote:

loubot wrote:

that's why you lash it to the roof
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX
I would do nothing.

People tend to overlook the very obvious things when it comes to specualting zombie armageddons and the like.  Here are some things I've noticed in this thread alone that would get most of you killed.

1. Ammo: It is heavy.  You cannot carry a bunch of it around.  It is not infinite.  It is not laying around all over the place. 

2. With number 1 being said, you cannot run around and last very long.  Mainly because you won't be able to carry enough ammo to deal with an endless mob of zombies that don't feel pain and only die to headshots, but because even if you did somehow manage to carry it all around, you would be to slow to evade and escape (or you would die of exaustion or dehydration, whichever of the three comes first)

3. You cannot carry enough food to sustain yourself for long.  For that matter, unless you've been stockpiling food in your basement you aren't going to have long to last on that either.

4. You are assuming that you will be able to get to "your cool super secure fortress location".  Probably won't, probably can't, probably get killed on the way because you're an idiot and made your fortress 17 miles from your house on the other side of a densly populated city.  So unless you live in a car manufactering warehouse, a wal-mart or a castle with a moat made of sulphuric acid, you gonna die in route.

5. There are a finite amount of supplies in the world.  You won't make it long.  Most food you enjoy today has a shelf life of about a week.  With no refrigeration, make that 2 days.  So even if you found a really big supermarket to hole up in, in 2 days your sitting in a rotting garbage heap of infestation and decay......and disease.  BUT HEY, WE STILL GOT PACKAGED NON PERISHABLE JUNK FOOD!  So you can go die from a heart attack or because your too fat to lug your supplies AND run from the hordes.  Can food won't last long if thats all you're eating.

6.  Airplanes, boats, cars will all get you killed in a hurry.  For one, it's gonna be kinda hard to drive on roads clogged with the abandoned cars of the now undead masses, and two, how you gonna get the gas outta the pump with no power?  Wanna get on a boat?  Unless you are a skilled sailor, navigator and overall journeyman good luck, all it takes is for one tiny storm and you are either capsized in the middle of the ocean or washing up on some jagged rocks.  Airplanes........please.

The rest is trivial.  If there is a zombie infestation your only hope is to live in the middle of the woods and have been off the grid for MANY years.  Then it is as if nothing has happened at all.  Any less and you will fail.  1 bad winter, overhunting, lack of skill in outdoor survival or even and unfortunate physical accident and you've reached the endgame of your life.

Wanna know what I'd do?  To be completely honest I would do the following: 

1. Look out window, see zombies.
2. Barricade windows and doors.
3. Take tally of food and ammo.
4. Be very quiet and not arouse attention.
5. Eat all food.
6. Expend all ammo killing as many zombies as possible.
7. Light house on fire.
8. An hero myself all over the wall with a shotgun, Kurt Cobain style.
9. Be on fire.

Last edited by Iconic Irony (2009-11-17 06:41:22)

Lai
+186|6152

Iconic Irony wrote:

I would do nothing.

People tend to overlook the very obvious things when it comes to specualting zombie armageddons and the like.  Here are some things I've noticed in this thread alone that would get most of you killed.

1. Ammo: It is heavy.  You cannot carry a bunch of it around.  It is not infinite.  It is not laying around all over the place. 

2. With number 1 being said, you cannot run around and last very long.  Mainly because you won't be able to carry enough ammo to deal with an endless mob of zombies that don't feel pain and only die to headshots, but because even if you did somehow manage to carry it all around, you would be to slow to evade and escape (or you would die of exaustion or dehydration, whichever of the three comes first)

3. You cannot carry enough food to sustain yourself for long.  For that matter, unless you've been stockpiling food in your basement you aren't going to have long to last on that either.

4. You are assuming that you will be able to get to "your cool super secure fortress location".  Probably won't, probably can't, probably get killed on the way because you're an idiot and made your fortress 17 miles from your house on the other side of a densly populated city.  So unless you live in a car manufactering warehouse, a wal-mart or a castle with a moat made of sulphuric acid, you gonna die in route.

5. There are a finite amount of supplies in the world.  You won't make it long.  Most food you enjoy today has a shelf life of about a week.  With no refrigeration, make that 2 days.  So even if you found a really big supermarket to hole up in, in 2 days your sitting in a rotting garbage heap of infestation and decay......and disease.  BUT HEY, WE STILL GOT PACKAGED NON PERISHABLE JUNK FOOD!  So you can go die from a heart attack or because your too fat to lug your supplies AND run from the hordes.  Can food won't last long if thats all you're eating.

6.  Airplanes, boats, cars will all get you killed in a hurry.  For one, it's gonna be kinda hard to drive on roads clogged with the abandoned cars of the now undead masses, and two, how you gonna get the gas outta the pump with no power?  Wanna get on a boat?  Unless you are a skilled sailor, navigator and overall journeyman good luck, all it takes is for one tiny storm and you are either capsized in the middle of the ocean or washing up on some jagged rocks.  Airplanes........please.

The rest is trivial.  If there is a zombie infestation your only hope is to live in the middle of the woods and have been off the grid for MANY years.  Then it is as if nothing has happened at all.  Any less and you will fail.  1 bad winter, overhunting, lack of skill in outdoor survival or even and unfortunate physical accident and you've reached the endgame of your life.

Wanna know what I'd do?  To be completely honest I would do the following: 

1. Look out window, see zombies.
2. Barricade windows and doors.
3. Take tally of food and ammo.
4. Be very quiet and not arouse attention.
5. Eat all food.
6. Expend all ammo killing as many zombies as possible.
7. Light house on fire.
8. An hero myself all over the wall with a shotgun, Kurt Cobain style.
9. Be on fire.
Or you could just get on a plane as the first cases appear, and move in with your ex in Siberia
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5277|San Angelo, TX

Lai wrote:

Or you could just get on a plane as the first cases appear, and move in with your ex in Siberia
No, no, I think head splattered all over wall of a house thats on fire is WAY better than living in Siberia.
Lai
+186|6152

Iconic Irony wrote:

Lai wrote:

No, no, I think head splattered all over wall of a house thats on fire is WAY better than living in Siberia.
That depends on your ex

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard