Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
Boom. A breakout has occured. (although impossible) Swine Flu mutates into a zombie causing disease. 28 days style running zombies untill there bodies deteriorate, bleed to death, etc.

Anyone whos had h1n1 are changing. Lets say... 50% of the population is changing.

Where would you go, your first steps?

1. Get geared up - long sleeves, pants, face mask - i dont want to risk blood contamination.
2. Get my Hipoint 9mm rifle and my Mossburg 500. My dads glock .45.
3. Hop into my car and head down to my work - let me explain why.

https://i34.tinypic.com/ixumi1.jpg

The compound circled in red is half made of literally 2-4 foot thick large rock/brick style fence. The other is 15 foot tall wooden fence.

The building circled in blue is made of the same 2-4 foot thick large rock cement stuff.

Also, inside the compound are several brand new 2009 pickup trucks with miles in the 100's. Around this compound is a garage with basically every tool you could ever want, an air compressor, and a enormous gasoline tank which our county uses to fill there vehicles. Were talking like hundreds of gallons. Inside the buildings attic are medical supplies, cleaning supplies, basically anything you could want to create anything.

The building has a great view - Considering theres open fields for a few hundred feet.

Also, its located about 100 feet from a lake - with a marina about a quarter mile from building - a marina with boats in water.

https://i37.tinypic.com/a9nzio.jpg

Making very little known appearence would allow us to remain mostly unattacked. And if we are attacked make our pressense unknown so that the zombies give up.

This is where i would stake out.
15 more years! 15 more years!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Don't you work at Subway?
Mikey
D'ya like dags?
+16|5274
I'd grab a gun and "accidentally" shoot you.
BRiiNDED
+137|6094
I fucking lol'd.
I'd hulk up and go left 4 dead on their arse with a machete.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
Getting there by car is a nice way of attracting all the towns zombies and drag them to your nice compound. Read the survival guide again.

/thread
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Sisco10 wrote:

Getting there by car is a nice way of attracting all the towns zombies and drag them to your nice compound. Read the survival guide again.

/thread
True. Well i would have to drive really fast, and its not a straight shot from my house to there... its a lot of streets, as you can see from the arial. i dont think very many zombies would see me drive quickly into the compound. shut the gate and baracade it.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Remember what L4D has taught us people!

- There's always guns and explosives lying around
- Always run around at night, when you see like shit
- It's okay to chug down bottles of pain killers every few minutes
- Listen for the enemy, as they will emit stupid noises to purposely give themselves away!

Seriously though, if there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd be scared to death. Yet at the same time happy I could shoot stuff.

I would take:

Backpack :
- Canned food (Here the best is chilli con carne, and corn. so tons of that, along with carrots)
- ammunition (20 magazines)
- medical supplies

Weapons:
- M1 Garand with bayonet and 8 magazines, it's a long range low capacity weapon but you're sure the enemy will go down.
- .45 14 + 1 round M1911 (Preferably Kimber or Para Ordnance)
- Ka-Bar + Swiss pocket knife (For the can opener )

I would think all this would be quite hefty but if you need to survive a while it's all I can think of. I would pick different weapons but that's what I have.

total ammo = 280 rounds

Mitch give us more information on the zombies and how susceptible we are to becoming one?

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2009-11-15 06:52:43)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia

Mitch wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

/thread
True. Well i would have to drive really fast, and its not a straight shot from my house to there... its a lot of streets, as you can see from the arial. i dont think very many zombies would see me drive quickly into the compound. shut the gate and baracade it.
It only takes one zombie to see you and its moans will attract countless others...you'd be better off legging it and being stealthy
Serious Flex
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Remember what L4D has taught us people!

- There's always guns and explosives lying around
- Always run around at night, when you see like shit
- It's okay to chug down bottles of pain killers every few minutes
- Listen for the enemy, as they will emit stupid noises to purposely give themselves away!

Seriously though, if there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd be scared to death. Yet at the same time happy I could shoot stuff.

I would take:

Backpack :
- Canned food (Here the best is chilli con carne, and corn. so tons of that, along with carrots)
- ammunition (20 magazines)
- medical supplies

Weapons:
- M1 Garand with bayonet and 8 magazines, it's a long range low capacity weapon but you're sure the enemy will go down.
- .45 14 + 1 round M1911 (Preferably Kimber or Para Ordnance)
- Ka-Bar + Swiss pocket knife (For the can opener )

I would think all this would be quite hefty but if you need to survive a while it's all I can think of. I would pick different weapons but that's what I have.

total ammo = 280 rounds

Mitch give us more information on the zombies and how susceptible we are to becoming one?
Its blood borne, saliva borne, just like in 28 days later the movie. Dont get bit, dont get any body fluids in the eye, and any surface already contaminated with h1n1 needs to be disinfected. The zombies run.

I forgot to mention about my food supply, i would take the stuff from my current survival shelter which i have like 14 boxes of ziti, some canned stuff. wouldnt be enough to last more then maybe a week. Two if i must.

Last edited by Mitch (2009-11-15 06:59:45)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

/thread
It only takes one zombie to see you and its moans will attract countless others...you'd be better off legging it and being stealthy
This is true, but still. with the food and guns and supplies i intend to bring i would need a car. i could shoot and kill any zombies who noticed before they alerted others. Or lure them into a hidden spot and kill them with some kinda weapon thats silent. or run them over with our plow truck. . The park i work at is semi-hidden by buildings. So as long as there arent a hugeee amount of infected roaming YET, i would be relitively safe.

Last edited by Mitch (2009-11-15 07:03:45)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Alcatraz motherfuckers. See how those zombies can swim WHILE THERE ARE FUCKING SHARKS BITCHES.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mikey
D'ya like dags?
+16|5274
Your plan is stupid and wouldn't work, admit it Mitch.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Cybargs wrote:

Alcatraz motherfuckers. See how those zombies can swim WHILE THERE ARE FUCKING SHARKS BITCHES.
How ya gunna find food out on the abandoned island?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Mitch wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Cannibalism tbh...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

Mitch wrote:

Boom. A breakout has occured. (although impossible) Swine Flu mutates into a zombie causing disease. 28 days style running zombies untill there bodies deteriorate, bleed to death, etc.

Anyone whos had h1n1 are changing. Lets say... 50% of the population is changing.

Where would you go, your first steps?
I dunno, but hopefully for everyone's sake you're in the 50% that went Zombie
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

- M1 Garand with bayonet and 8 magazines
garands don't take magazines
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Mitch wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

You bring a shit ton of MRE's and fresh water there first maybe? Maybe have some rabbits and vegetable gardens?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
rabbits suck

get grouse or something but have their wings clipped so they wont try to escape

and holy shit zombie sharks
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
tiny little island in the middle of nowhere and masturbate for the rest of my life tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Weapons:
Do you own one?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
thats only 64 rounds for the garand btw, not much for the zombie horde is it?
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

krazed wrote:

and holy shit zombie sharks
hahaha they sound awesome
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Noobpatty wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Weapons:
Do you own one?
No I don't own one

I own two...

and the bayonets and shit to go with them

Krazed M1 Garands take those little bullet clips that "Ping" out. I call them magazines...

Oh and 64 rounds is enough when you have buddies. Besides, if the enemy doesn't go down in one bullet, stab them and if worst comes to worst shoot again while they're stabbed

I wouldn't mind an M1 Garand in L4D tbh. But only if it had a bayonet.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2009-11-15 07:52:34)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
yes they're called en bloc clips
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
I would probably just stay where I am as far as safety goes I doubt I could get much better for localised safety. University campus with the motorway about 200 metres behind my flat, a garage with parked cars literally right behind my flat (15 metres or so). I'm on the top floor and all the doors are heavy, solid fire doors with three locks between the outside world and my room. That would make it relatively easy to clear out the block floor by floor. Of course I would have to give up the ground floor and barricade the stairway (windows and such).

Oh and I found a military surplus NBC suite in a local camping shop for a tenner so i bought it. sadly minus the gloves, gas mask and over boots though.

Also i get to hunt down sheffa zombie or otherwise.

Only thing is that being a university it is rather lacking in weapons, until i go and nick the ice axes from the hiking club storage at least.

Last edited by Noobeater (2009-11-15 07:57:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard