SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6650|The darkside of Denver
Well... Let my ego get ahead of my capabilities finally. FML
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/im … ey_protein

I've seen websites recommend them and they seem to be a large-ish established company.

I checked out their pages and they even have a forum/community, they seem sound.

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/pages/help
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/pages/about-us
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK
they're shit.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
oh

Well it was only like 16 quid anyway

screw you guys anyway

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-11-19 07:15:52)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
Their prices have gone up but I don't know who else to turn to!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Optimum Nutrition is the one everyone always talks about. It's like £25 for 1KG and £45 for 2.2KG of the stuff (or something)

Check it out, apparently they're the dogs bollocks when it comes to Whey. I just felt like going for a cheaper option as I just want to try it out.

Actually they got a sale on right now, £22 for 908g. Dunno how much delivery is.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/uk/100- … andard-p7/
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Optimum Nutrition is the one everyone always talks about. It's like £25 for 1KG and £45 for 2.2KG of the stuff (or something)

Check it out, apparently they're the dogs bollocks when it comes to Whey. I just felt like going for a cheaper option as I just want to try it out.

Actually they got a sale on right now, £22 for 908g. Dunno how much delivery is.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/uk/100- … andard-p7/
Why are you looking at their actual site? You know they're naturally going to be more expensive than a dealer.

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/4 … -ball.html

http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/opti … .2kg/16825

There you go.

ON is amazing, but Gaspari MyoFusion is just as good.

http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/gasp … .2kg/18583

And cheaper, and tastes just as good if not better. Has more protein per gram than ON. Best stuff around excluding BSN stuff (but that is very expensive).
All flavours are awesome, strawberry is great and so is chocolate peanut butter.

I've used ON for over a year, and I prefer Gaspari. The new ON stuff like the Platinum Hydro Whey
http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/opti … 5lbs/21197
Is incredible, but ultra expensive. Probably worth a try for a serious body builder, but nothing else.

Gaspari MyoFusion was runner up on best protein of the year last year on bodybuilding.com and it was just released last year. Shows you how good it is.

Up to you, but if you want to save some cash then get Gaspari. The two sites I showed you are 100% reliable. Used both regularly.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
Christ just had a very brief look around stuff is quite expensive! I'm not exactly a pro I think I will definitely stick to myprotein.co.uk, I've always found their customer service quite good.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

Christ just had a very brief look around stuff is quite expensive! I'm not exactly a pro I think I will definitely stick to myprotein.co.uk, I've always found their customer service quite good.
It's not worth it man. Myprotein is absolutely horrific stuff. You pay for what you get, and that's why myprotein is stupidly cheap, because it's utter shit.

I'd never touch the stuff.

You want to build properly and healthily? Then go grab some good stuff, like ON, PhD and Gaspari. It makes a massive difference. The price hike isn't just for the brand name, seriously.

You don't need to be a pro to go for those products, you merely need to be working out to look at those.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
I'm still getting gains I think I will just stick with what I've got for now. Just looking at some of that stuff £40 quid for 1kg it is a lot! I think I would rather just go for a balanced diet than go spending crazy money on supplements.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma

SonderKommando wrote:

Do tell.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
chicken and eggs for protein.  srsly how much protein can your body use at once?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

i thought a low resting bpm is just how big your heart is, not how fit it is?
Sure it might lead you to be able to do more than someone with a higher bpm, but it was always recovery afaik.
It's how efficient your cardiopulmonary system functions. That's why LA's heartrate is so slow, because his is so damn efficient.

Mine runs just under 50 at rest, which isn't too shabby.
Its much more to do with having a large heart, efficiency would be a measure of how much energy you burn, not heart rate.
Size isn't the issue. It's efficiency in O2/CO2 exchange. The more efficient the cardiopulmonary system is at doing that, the lower the heart has to beat (and the stronger the heart beats, in general). So you get the same amount of exchange per unit time, based on a more efficient system. The less efficient the system, the harder it has to work (more heartbeats/more breaths) to exchange the necessary O2/CO2.

Efficiency isn't just about energy, Dilbert.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

I'm still getting gains I think I will just stick with what I've got for now. Just looking at some of that stuff £40 quid for 1kg it is a lot! I think I would rather just go for a balanced diet than go spending crazy money on supplements.
Wha? It's £33 for 2.2kg... Lol.

It's not a lot, especially if you compare it to solid food. It's a lot cheaper than eating chicken breasts every day or steak or even tuna.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
I've had a quick price check. I've been buying protein shakes at $3.50 a pop, one each day of workout (6 times a week).

OR

I could buy 900 grams and make my own shakes, get 20 per tub. And that'll cost me around $44.

The maths speaks for itself. Haven't done it yet but this only occurred to me yesterday.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6650|The darkside of Denver

11 Bravo wrote:

chicken and eggs for protein.  srsly how much protein can your body use at once?
Those proteins are slowly digestible Marine. Whey isolate is easy to digest and faster acting.

PrivateVendetta wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Do tell.
Well I had it stuck in my head that I was going to max my deadlifts.  Recently (for the past 5/6 months) I've stopped using straps and I've even stopped using a weight/back support belt.  Mostly to improve my grip and to engage core muscles and balance while lifting.

So anyways, my legs were still just utterly fried (hammies especially) from leg day a few days prior.  I do a warmup set at 275lb and hit twelve easy.. Throw on 405lb and do a couple reps to really loosen up at heavier weight.  Now after doing those two sets my Hammies felt like they had just literally exploded. 

Just being over zealous I put 455lbs on... Which is my current max.  First rep I bailed on before getting very far cause it didnt feel right... Second attempt I didnt even get it off teh ground.  So i stepped away, took a few slugs out of my water jug and rest for a minute.  Now the third rep I got it but due to my leg soreness and lack of back support I dont think i was able to use as good as form as I usually do and porportion the lift enough by driving up through my heels and then extendnig that lower back...My back has been quite sore for the past two days... Nothign serious, a mere annoyance... But I've never really tweaked my back like this doing deads before... even at that particular weight.

tl;dr

tweaked meh back deadlifting

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-11-20 07:57:40)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK

SonderKommando wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Those proteins are slowly digestible Marine. Whey isolate is easy to digest and faster acting.

PrivateVendetta wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Do tell.
Well I had it stuck in my head that I was going to max my deadlifts.  Recently (for the past 5/6 months) I've stopped using straps and I've even stopped using a weight/back support belt.  Mostly to improve my grip and to engage core muscles and balance while lifting.

So anyways, my legs were still just utterly fried (hammies especially) from leg day a few days prior.  I do a warmup set at 275lb and hit twelve easy.. Throw on 405lb and do a couple reps to really loosen up at heavier weight.  Now after doing those two sets my Hammies felt like they had just literally exploded. 

Just being over zealous I put 455lbs on... Which is my current max.  First rep I bailed on before getting very far cause it didnt feel right... Second attempt I didnt even get it off teh ground.  So i stepped away, took a few slugs out of my water jug and rest for a minute.  Now the third rep I got it but due to my leg soreness and lack of back support I dont think i was able to use as good as form as I usually do and porportion the lift enough by driving up through my heels and then extendnig that lower back...My back has been quite sore for the past two days... Nothign serious, a mere annoyance... But I've never really tweaked my back like this doing deads before... even at that particular weight.

tl;dr

tweaked meh back deadlifting
Sometimes you just have bad days I think.

Oh Zimmer I only took a very brief look around the site I found it very confusing all the different types supplements and stuff. Could you give me a link to some good old standard whey protein?
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5952|Places 'n such
Any idea what could be causing joint pain after i run?
I warm up, got good technique and diet.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
Being old

try cod liver oil capsules?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5952|Places 'n such

Finray wrote:

Being old

vegetarian

Last edited by presidentsheep (2010-11-20 12:46:35)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6649|BC, Canada

presidentsheep wrote:

Finray wrote:

Being old

vegetarian
There's the issue.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5952|Places 'n such

Nic wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Finray wrote:

Being old

vegetarian
There's the issue.
How?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6649|BC, Canada
just fucking with ya.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5952|Places 'n such

Nic wrote:

just fucking with ya.
guessed so, but im in pain and want it to stop xD
Doesnt seem so bad on shorter runs but longer ones im in agony for a day or two after
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6649|BC, Canada
I could be wrong, but Flax seed oil may work the same as cod liver oil. try that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard