Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|4386|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

lxcpikiman wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

what do you guys recommend for someone who hasn't done any kind of exercise since i left high school ( 2 years ago), I want to tone up a little not too much that i will look like a monster, I just want to be fit that's all.
I think my metabolism is really good cuz I eat a lot of food and I do it while i sit on my computer and never gets up unless I go to my room to lie down and play some console game.
For toneing up, that sort of metabolism ISN'T good. There is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" metabolism. It's just your metabolism; and by the sounds of it, you have a fast one.

Basically, you need to do strength training, little cardio and take supplements - either weight gainers or protein. Strength training each day for 45 minutes; avoid cardio if you can.
holy shit, en español por favor.
what do you mean by strength training, what is cardio?? running jogging that kind of stuff?
Yeah. Basically anything that actually gets you physically fit and makes your heart go mad.

Strength training = weights ect...
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|4850|Belgium
I'm only going to the gym once a week now.. I really should be going more but I just can't find the time.

Is going once even worth the hassle?
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|5681|Toronto-Canada
I hate doing push ups and sit ups because when i wake up the next morning i end with such muscle pain that i cant even stand up straight.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|5638|Scotland

lxcpikiman wrote:

I hate doing push ups and sit ups because when i wake up the next morning i end with such muscle pain that i cant even stand up straight.
That's a good sign! just drink some good quality whey protein.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|5532|Amsterdam‫
should it get this for €100
https://www.fitness-seller.nl/images/product_images/popup_images/658_1.jpg
2 x 10 kg / 4 x 5 kg / 4 x 2,5 kg / 4 x 1,25 kg


on all the cheaper sets you dont get the straight bar

Last edited by menzo (2009-11-19 09:54:15)

https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5583

sure. someone will get a workout delivering it.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|5532|Amsterdam‫

burnzz wrote:

sure. someone will get a workout delivering it.


or should i start easy and buy

2 dumbbell bars and
4 x 5 kg / 4 x 2,5 kg / 4 x 1,25 kg
for 50euro

and buy the bar later
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5757|UK

Jebus wrote:

I'm only going to the gym once a week now.. I really should be going more but I just can't find the time.

Is going once even worth the hassle?
For muscle growth you need at least 3-4 times a week for it to be worthwhile where you should try:

30-45 mins weights.
20-30 mins cardio.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5757|UK

menzo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

sure. someone will get a workout delivering it.


or should i start easy and buy

2 dumbbell bars and
4 x 5 kg / 4 x 2,5 kg / 4 x 1,25 kg
for 50euro

and buy the bar later
take the most cost effective solution.  Start with dumbells first then progress to using barbells as they're easier to lift, manage & store.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4874|Catherine Black

Irishpride<3 wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

Zimmer wrote:


For toneing up, that sort of metabolism ISN'T good. There is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" metabolism. It's just your metabolism; and by the sounds of it, you have a fast one.

Basically, you need to do strength training, little cardio and take supplements - either weight gainers or protein. Strength training each day for 45 minutes; avoid cardio if you can.
holy shit, en español por favor.
what do you mean by strength training, what is cardio?? running jogging that kind of stuff?
Yeah. Basically anything that actually gets you physically fit and makes your heart go mad.

Strength training = weights ect...
To be working on your "Cardio" or CRE - Cardio-respiratory endurance, you must work for at least 20 minutes at 60-85% of your maximum heart rate (which is 220 - your age)
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4874|Catherine Black
Fill this in for me; I cba.


https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/33829/trainingprogram.png
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|4850|Belgium

m3thod wrote:

Jebus wrote:

I'm only going to the gym once a week now.. I really should be going more but I just can't find the time.

Is going once even worth the hassle?
For muscle growth you need at least 3-4 times a week for it to be worthwhile where you should try:

30-45 mins weights.
20-30 mins cardio.
Shit, for real?

Oh, and cardio. What do you guys do for it?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|5842|Scotland

Cardio = Jogging, Cycling, Swimming. Anything related to stamina and the build of stamina.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4874|Catherine Black

Zimmer wrote:

Cardio = Jogging, Cycling, Swimming. Anything related to stamina and the build of stamina.
Anything where you're using the aerobic respiration system for more than 20 minutes.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|4850|Belgium
Sorry if I'm asking questions I could easily google, but what are the +'s of working on your cardio. Endurance is a first I guess, what else, running of your fat?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4874|Catherine Black

Jebus wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking questions I could easily google, but what are the +'s of working on your cardio. Endurance is a first I guess, what else, running of your fat?
Generally speaking, by increasing your level of CRE, you increase other aspects of fitness, too, such as muscular endurance (how long a set of muscles can perform a set movement for without fatigue) speed, agility, and you won't be out of breath running up the stairs.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|4570|Bolingbrook, Illinois

White-Fusion wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

I hate doing push ups and sit ups because when i wake up the next morning i end with such muscle pain that i cant even stand up straight.
That's a good sign! just drink some good quality whey protein.
But eventually, once your body is used to working out, the pain will go away, right?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5757|UK

HaiBai wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

I hate doing push ups and sit ups because when i wake up the next morning i end with such muscle pain that i cant even stand up straight.
That's a good sign! just drink some good quality whey protein.
But eventually, once your body is used to working out, the pain will go away, right?
Not really, you will defo feel it whole lot less but it'll be there in a minute form, you'll kinda get used to it.

If you stop for a bit 1-2 weeks expect it to return with a vengeance....which you will as every 3 months you should take 1 complete week off.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5757|UK

Jebus wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking questions I could easily google, but what are the +'s of working on your cardio. Endurance is a first I guess, what else, running of your fat?
Fitness
Health
endurance/stamina
Stronger heart and lungs
Better sleep
weight loss (muscles will show more)

and lods more, you have to do it.  You know those fat guys you sometime see in the gym that are really strong? Yeah they dont do any cardio....
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|4570|Bolingbrook, Illinois

m3thod wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:


That's a good sign! just drink some good quality whey protein.
But eventually, once your body is used to working out, the pain will go away, right?
Not really, you will defo feel it whole lot less but it'll be there in a minute form, you'll kinda get used to it.

If you stop for a bit 1-2 weeks expect it to return with a vengeance....which you will as every 3 months you should take 1 complete week off.
Alright.  The last time I worked out was Tuesday, I didn't workout yesterday and I don't play on working out today.  My thighs hurt so much sometimes when I'm walking my leg like collapses and I stumble...  So, is taking a little break the right decision?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5757|UK

HaiBai wrote:

m3thod wrote:

HaiBai wrote:


But eventually, once your body is used to working out, the pain will go away, right?
Not really, you will defo feel it whole lot less but it'll be there in a minute form, you'll kinda get used to it.

If you stop for a bit 1-2 weeks expect it to return with a vengeance....which you will as every 3 months you should take 1 complete week off.
Alright.  The last time I worked out was Tuesday, I didn't workout yesterday and I don't play on working out today.  My thighs hurt so much sometimes when I'm walking my leg like collapses and I stumble...  So, is taking a little break the right decision?
Yeah i get wobbly legs if i dont work on my legs for 2+ weeks, its a pain.  Now that you've worked your lower body work a muscle group your upper body i.e.  Back/Chest/Shoulders.

Alternate your muscles groups between upper and lower body and between pushing (chest & shoulders) and pulling (back) and every 6 weeks change it around.

Monday - Jui Jitsu
Tuesday - Chest & triceps
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Rest or Cardio
Friday - Back & biceps
Saturday - Jui Jitsu 2-4 pm and cardio around 7pm
Sunday - Shoulders & triceps
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|4850|Belgium

m3thod wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking questions I could easily google, but what are the +'s of working on your cardio. Endurance is a first I guess, what else, running of your fat?
Fitness
Health
endurance/stamina
Stronger heart and lungs
Better sleep
weight loss (muscles will show more)

and lods more, you have to do it.  You know those fat guys you sometime see in the gym that are really strong? Yeah they dont do any cardio....
Oh I see, there are loads of those in my gym..
I used to do handball practice 3 times a week (2h(30) each time + game in the weekend), but I quit that this season. I thought I'd still be in fairly decent shape, but I guess your endurance/stamina goes down like a brick when you stop? I really should get back into doing something more active, like running or something I just don't like regular running at all
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|4386|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

Jebus wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking questions I could easily google, but what are the +'s of working on your cardio. Endurance is a first I guess, what else, running of your fat?
Fitness
Health
endurance/stamina
Stronger heart and lungs
Better sleep
weight loss (muscles will show more)

and lods more, you have to do it.  You know those fat guys you sometime see in the gym that are really strong? Yeah they dont do any cardio....
Oh I see, there are loads of those in my gym..
I used to do handball practice 3 times a week (2h(30) each time + game in the weekend), but I quit that this season. I thought I'd still be in fairly decent shape, but I guess your endurance/stamina goes down like a brick when you stop? I really should get back into doing something more active, like running or something I just don't like regular running at all
You don't like it cause you're not fit.

Go for a proper run, set a target (2-3 miles away). Tell yourself you're not gonna stop running until you get back to your house. Just make sure you don't stop running, run as slow as you want, but just keep going

You'll feel alot better after successfully running your target without stopping. Keep changing the target and fuck threadmills/bikes, keep to your parks/beaches/neighbourhoods.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|4850|Belgium

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

m3thod wrote:


Fitness
Health
endurance/stamina
Stronger heart and lungs
Better sleep
weight loss (muscles will show more)

and lods more, you have to do it.  You know those fat guys you sometime see in the gym that are really strong? Yeah they dont do any cardio....
Oh I see, there are loads of those in my gym..
I used to do handball practice 3 times a week (2h(30) each time + game in the weekend), but I quit that this season. I thought I'd still be in fairly decent shape, but I guess your endurance/stamina goes down like a brick when you stop? I really should get back into doing something more active, like running or something I just don't like regular running at all
You don't like it cause you're not fit.

Go for a proper run, set a target (2-3 miles away). Tell yourself you're not gonna stop running until you get back to your house. Just make sure you don't stop running, run as slow as you want, but just keep going

You'll feel alot better after successfully running your target without stopping. Keep changing the target and fuck threadmills/bikes, keep to your parks/beaches/neighbourhoods.
It's not that.. About 3 months ago I ran 5KM in 21 minutes, decent I guess.. But you're right, even though I find it boring I should go for a fucking run anyway. Now I just need an interesting place to run around ..
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4874|Catherine Black

HaiBai wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

I hate doing push ups and sit ups because when i wake up the next morning i end with such muscle pain that i cant even stand up straight.
That's a good sign! just drink some good quality whey protein.
But eventually, once your body is used to working out, the pain will go away, right?
When there's no pain, you're not stressing your muscles enough to promote growth. Increase reps/sets.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard