FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6565|'Murka

3.6 mile run followed by B4L upper body weight training.

FEOS is one tired sumbitch.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
Next week im going to start preparing for starting up again.
Had a lovely 2 week vacation, im out of physiotherapy and extremeky fucking motivated.
Im going back on a strict clean bulk diet (this is what takes the most preparing next week) and lifting 3 days a week.
I will still be using low weights with high reps (not 100% healed yet), but i will slowly but steadily increase it.

Psyched to get back on the horse
FEOS
+1,182|6565|'Murka

Yeah...my right shoulder/arm is still weak as hell. Can't seem to get the weight up for anything. Just keeping at it, though.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
Youre lifting through an injury?
Doesnt sound too smart
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6825|UK
post surgery.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FEOS
+1,182|6565|'Murka

Kampframmer wrote:

Youre lifting through an injury?
Doesnt sound too smart
Lifting post-surgery. Part of the therapy of recovery. Surgeon said to do whatever I felt I could. It's just after-effects of the nerve block used during anesthesia. Supposed to go away in a few months. It's been fading gradually.
― Albert Einstein

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
Ah ok.
Best of luck mate
Sturgeon
+488|5095|Flintshire

FEOS wrote:

Surgeon said to do whatever I felt I could.
https://i.imgur.com/4BWcI.png
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
Ok, So im starting tommorow again. (i have plenty of time today to make preparations so i can start 1 week early)
So my shoppin list contains:
bananas (for in my shakes), avocado's (good fats), eggs, chicken, whole milk, (very)low-fat yoghurt and oats.
The diet i will most likely follow (might vary depending on my work hours):
BF: oats + 1 scoop whey shake (containing 1 banana)
snack: Avocado or nuts
lunch: 300g+ of chicken in 2 wholemeal wraps
pre-workout: protein bar
post-workout: 2 scoop whey shake (containing 1 banana, and i will add creatine to this once im up to my old strength again)
dinner: Varies
snack: Varies (anything like nuts fruit, or some pb)
add. meal: 4 eggs.

Of course i might shuffle some things around here and there, but i will make notes of what i eat every day to make sure i reach at least 150g+ of protein and over 3000-3500kcals.

e: Forgot to add i will also drink at least 1l (1/4 gallon) of whole milk throughout the day.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2012-01-08 03:20:05)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5333|Sydney
From what I can see there I'm guesstimating you're getting around 160g of protein before dinner with that diet.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6260|eXtreme to the maX
My body tells me what it needs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma
omg my new gym has a grapple machine
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6825|UK
wtf is a grapple machine?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6346|Roma
Loop of rope that you pull on as if you are climbing it. You can vary the resistance.
Knackering.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
first day of bulking went great. I thought my previous bulk appetite would have gone to shit because of my long injury break. I even missed half a meal and still managed to catch well up to my goal even though not everything went according to plan.
Ate over 3700kcals and little over 250g of protein.

Should be easy enough to reach roughly 3500kcals with 200g of protein every day.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6614|UK
200g of protein wow! I actually thought my gym was exempt from the news years resolution fucking wankers. Turns out I was wrong going to start going early again!
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
Give it about two months and it will all be back to normal.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
2 words: home gym.

The gym i used to go to was pretty hardcore when it came to weightlifting. Not so much that there were only roided up arnie's repping out 400lbs deadlifts, but the free weight area was pretty exstensive and tucked away in a corner away from the safe-zone (cardio equipment and most of the machines) so I didnt see a lot of 1st timers at the weights simply because it is very intimidating to start there.
They just stuck to the cycles, treadmills or ellipticals for a month or 2 and leave.

Im just assuming taht since i never actually saw someone that was obviously only there because of a NYR. I know that every gym has them though.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

wah1188 wrote:

200g of protein wow!
200 isnt that much.
3 scoops of whey and youre roughly at about 90 already.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

Kampframmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

200g of protein wow!
200 isnt that much.
So you're talking about < 6 shakes a day? I wouldn't say it's not "that much". Also consider absorption and utilization are not the same thing. I suppose if you're fcn killing it every time you go to the gym you're utilizing it. Personally I'd rather do about half that (@185lbs), alternating release types depending on my activity. It's probably easier on your kidneys also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
200g is a lot but it comes just under the recommended 1 - 1.5g per pound of bodyweight. According to Kamp's posts he weighs around 140 lbs. 140 x 1.5 = 210

Personally I wouldn't eat that much but everyone is different.
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
Did a workout today, just after I racked the bar of the OHP I got a chunk of glass in my foot. Hobbled upstairs and tried not to bleed too much, got some tweezers and pulled it out, was around 6mm long. Once the bleeding stopped I went back and completed the next two sets

All whilst talking to my gf on the phone. She was like "oh my poor baby, I wish I was there to make you feel better", lol.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

200g of protein wow!
200 isnt that much.
So you're talking about < 6 shakes a day? I wouldn't say it's not "that much". Also consider absorption and utilization are not the same thing. I suppose if you're fcn killing it every time you go to the gym you're utilizing it. Personally I'd rather do about half that (@185lbs), alternating release types depending on my activity. It's probably easier on your kidneys also.
i have 2 shakes. 1 with 1 scoop and one with 2 (post-workout).
And no, im not utilizing it 100% since im still lifting very low weights. But im pretty sure my calorie-counting app is a bit off, but it is definitely 200+. As long as you dont hit 400 regularly theres very little to no health risk.
Its hard to hit the exact amount (which would be 210), but it is what i aim for and i'd rather be a bit over than under.
Jaekus
+957|5333|Sydney
To be honest though I reckon the low impact workout you're doing doesn't really warrant that much protein.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4997|Amsterdam
It really doesn't, but it wont hurt either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard