Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4617|Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Jaekus wrote:

If you didn't come here for workout advice then I suggest you stop bitching about having to get up early and having sore legs after running around for an hour.
I asked a cardio question....my god you are as bad as method.  Ignorant both of you having never played.

Last edited by Chardee MacDennis (2011-11-22 03:22:48)

What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6536|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hey, since you're ex military. Did you use the TRX?
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Hey, since you're ex military. Did you use the TRX?
Never heard of it

Ultrafunkula

O. It's supposed to be developed by some ex army dude and in some ads he gives the impression that almost everyone in the military use it for exercise abroad.

http://www.trxtraining.com/

Check it.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
Looks interesting but a tad bit expensive

Ultrafunkula

Ordered one for 50EUR + 15EUR shipping, after one test practice. I'm supposed to get it this week. Sure beats paying 60+EUR a month for some crappy gym where all the equipment is constantly reserved by XXXL ladies having a gossip club meeting.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
lol.  I want something like that but I only pay 10 bucks a month for my gym and it is great so I gotta a stick with it.

Ultrafunkula

It really is a great set of cords. If you get a chance to test it, do it. Tell your gym to order a set
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5241|Sydney

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

If you didn't come here for workout advice then I suggest you stop bitching about having to get up early and having sore legs after running around for an hour.
I asked a cardio question....my god you are as bad as method.  Ignorant both of you having never played.
You asked a cardio question which led into what other workout you are doing, which led to weights, to which you said you get plenty of leg exercise from playing hockey, to which I pointed out is a low intensity exercise compared to weight lifting, to which you called me ignorant for providing such advice (haven't even started on body imbalances for not working out your entire body).

lol

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-11-22 05:17:49)

Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

Jaekus wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

You asked a cardio question which led into what other workout you are doing, which led to weights, to which you said you get plenty of leg exercise from playing hockey, to which I pointed out is a low intensity exercise compared to weight lifting, to which you called me ignorant for providing such advice (haven't even started on body imbalances for not working out your entire body).

lol
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5241|Sydney
Remain ignorant, see if I care.

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6734|UK
don't bother, you'll just get banned by some mong mod.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
stories

are

cool

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6523|UK

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Ordered one for 50EUR + 15EUR shipping, after one test practice. I'm supposed to get it this week. Sure beats paying 60+EUR a month for some crappy gym where all the equipment is constantly reserved by XXXL ladies having a gossip club meeting.
I got a TRX set in my gym no one has a fucking clue how to use it.

Dumbbell kickbacks are the bomb!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6254|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

lol
tbh some people have different goals.
Hockey would be enough to keep healthy and fit whilst enjoying yourself. Weights only for getting bigger and improving fitness for hockey maybe. But if he just does it for fun, then what's the point if he doesn't want to do weights?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6664|132 and Bush

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Says someone that does not wake up at 0300....that aint an option for me.
Whenever you wake.. the specific time does not matter.
Sir it does matter because when I wake at 3 I need to be at work by 4.  It is a big enough struggle to fall asleep early for 0300 let alone anything earlier in order to get some cardio in.
Well, thats your problem. I was never talking directly to you anyways. Jus weighing in on the idea in general.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

Kmar wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Whenever you wake.. the specific time does not matter.
Sir it does matter because when I wake at 3 I need to be at work by 4.  It is a big enough struggle to fall asleep early for 0300 let alone anything earlier in order to get some cardio in.
Well, thats your problem. I was never talking directly to you anyways. Jus weighing in on the idea in general.
ok

HaiBai
+304|5547|Bolingbrook, Illinois
so lately, the lower left part of my ribs has been hurting, and i recently found out that's my spleen.

could this be from lifting with shitty form (i think my form is good though) and can i continue lifting?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6834|PNW

Take a break from it for awhile, but do some stretching exercises. Return to it gradually, preferably with help from a professional if you think your form might be to blame.

It might help to take an aerobic-oriented martial arts such as Taekwondo if you're lost. Stay limber.
HaiBai
stretch my spleen?  are you kidding?

it doesn't necessarily hurt while im working out btw, and it doesn't hurt more during my workouts.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6523|UK
Does it hurt more after your workouts. You've got to be careful you are not exasperating the problem.
HaiBai
no it doesn't.  it just randomly hurts.

i skipped my workout anyway because if it actually an enlarged spleen, there's a higher chance it can rupture during a workout so...

im just gonna go to a doctor
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6523|UK
Weird that's probably a good call. Alexandra Stan would get it so fucking hard.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6523|UK
Been doing a lot of cardio recently definitely getting my abs showing more now. I'm a believer!
baggs
+732|6267
I haven't posted in here in what seems like an age!

Anyway, i've had some serious lower back problems for a number of months and its been fucking with my gym, big time! I saw a guy today and he performed a full body remedial massage on me. He found a couple of issues, one which was quite obvious and another i had a suspicion of but wasn't all that prevalent.

The obvious problem was my lower back and general lack of flexibility which was bought on by being careless with warm ups and not concentrating when dead lifting. I've now been given a host of stretching moves and tips for warm up because if i don't address the issue now, i'll be paying for it later in life.

The other issue was a severe amount of tension that had built up in my upper back muscles and shoulders to neck. He found a big knot which is going to need futher treatment but he assures me it'll be fine when its been ironed out a few times

It made me realise how careless i'd become over the years and how close i was potentially to some serious long term injury, between not warming up and not addressing little muscular/tendon issues as and when they initially happen. It's all too easy to forget that working out, proper muscle building and fitness requires constant care and attention, ensuring the basics are stuck to and never deviated from.

Due to me being careless i've now got to nurse a few muscle groups back to full health and i'm on a strict stretching regime now for 4 to 6 weeks, don't let it happen to you!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard