ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6836|Deutschland/Germany
Yeah PM him but show him the thread and dont try to explain the "tactic" to him so he can make his own decision.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

D.  Read it, understand it, (same with EA) don't agree, and don't buy the reasons why.
Huh? What are you s-a-y-i-n-g  Marine?
Ya, that was dumb.  Basically I don't agree with stupid EA computer geek rules on "fair" warfare.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Yeah PM him but show him the thread and dont try to explain the "tactic" to him so he can make his own decision.
That's a copy. I sent it over to battlefield ranked servers forum. Waiting for reply. Teflon out.

usmarine2005 wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

D.  Read it, understand it, (same with EA) don't agree, and don't buy the reasons why.
Huh? What are you s-a-y-i-n-g  Marine?
Ya, that was dumb.  Basically I don't agree with stupid EA computer geek rules on "fair" warfare.
Roger that. Teflon out.
ArMaG3dD0n

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

NOT Helping your team?! WTFM? How is not taking out an Artillery Battery, that could rain down 120mm shells that have a blast radius of over 50 m and killing everything in its target range, "NOT HELPING YOUR TEAM."
Re-read all my posts plz and you will in the end realize this is (sorry) crap.

But in "short":
Destroying the artillery IN GENERAL is a good thing and helps the team.

BUT:
He is not destroying the arty to keep it from firing at his team. NO! That s not the point! He destroys the arty, waits until it gets repaired by a nearby supply crate and destroys it again ONLY to get points. He DOES NOT DESTROY the supply crate which keeps repairing the ENEMY ARTY. The supply crate is therefor acting like the shockpaddler in the knife-revive-game.
IF he would actually want to HELP his team then he would destroy the ARTY AND the SUPPLY CRATE keeping the arty from getting repaired and firing at his mates. He could also wait near the destroyed arty for a new crate falling near the arty and keep it from getting repaired. Additionally the enemy commander can not use this crate to support his troops because he needs to waste it on the arty. That would help the team out by taking the other teams' supplycrates and keeping the arty down. The other thing is just a method of getting points. It doesnt help your team if you get points they dont lose tickets for getting their arty destroyed and repaired 100000 times.

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2006-02-09 10:14:13)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

NOT Helping your team?! WTFM? How is not taking out an Artillery Battery, that could rain down 120mm shells that have a blast radius of over 50 m and killing everything in its target range, "NOT HELPING YOUR TEAM."
Re-read all my posts plz and you will in the end realize this is (sorry) crap.

But in "short":
Destroying the artillery IN GENERAL is a good thing and helps the team.

BUT:
He is not destroying the arty to keep it from firing at his team. NO! That s not the point! He destroys the arty, waits until it gets repaired by a nearby supply crate and destroys it again ONLY to get points. He DOES NOT DESTROY the supply crate which keeps repairing the ENEMY ARTY. The supply crate is therefor acting like the shockpaddler in the knife-revive-game.
IF he would actually want to HELP his team then he would destroy the ARTY AND the SUPPLY CRATE keeping the arty from getting repaired and firing at his mates. He could also wait near the destroyed arty for a new crate falling near the arty and keep it from getting repaired. Additionally the enemy commander can not use this crate to support his troops because he needs to waste it on the arty. That would help the team out by taking the other teams' supplycrates and keeping the arty down. The other thing is just a method of getting points. It doesnt help your team if you get points they dont lose tickets for getting their arty destroyed and repaired 100000 times.
Good point, and I understand exactly what your saying, however if I was doing what he is talking about, I know that I would have enough time to reload 6 C4 packs, and destroy all 3 arty before USMC Commander had time to fire off another round of shells, and still keep the supply box intact. Thereby accomplishing 2 things:
1. Destroying USMC arty (rinse and repeat as necessary)
2. Being a Team Player by keeping arty down, (until the Marines did something about ONE PLA player on their island) the PLA can continue to engage the USMC with out being rained down by said Arty shells.

To say that is stat padding by not exploding the crates, is just good tactics by knowing the strengths and weaknesses of ALL your hardware and resources ON THE BATTLEFIELD!
ArMaG3dD0n
The only purpose of keeping the supplybox intact is to keep racking up points (against EA rules). You could keep the arty down without leaving the crate intact by just destroying all the arty guns + the crate. This would be much easier and a much more effective way of keeping the arty down than keeping it getting repaired and destroy it again.
So the whole method is:
B. a cheap way of getting high scores and definately statpadding
A. as a side-effect you help your team by keeping the arty down which could be achieved much easier
OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California
This is a tough one, yes intent defines the crime but this is borderline.

I for one like having a strategic raid on the enemy arty and UAV/Sat keeping it quiet and blind as much as possible. Saving the enemy Supply Crate to resupply is smart because it saves needing a support kit nearby or a friendly supply drop. But after you get the first stolen resupply then destroy the supply crate with your weapons not C4 and make the enemy commander drop another so he wastes it on arty repairs instead of his forward most units. If you destroy the crate each time then this isn't stat padding it is a strategic strike on both arty and interdicting enemy supplies.

Any enemy who lets a lone SF continue destroying their arty are knuckleheads and deserve it.

Any SF who wastes a whole game just knocking out Wake USMC artillery is a knucklehead and deserves the lower score due to no kills.

Anyone who stat pads selfishly instead of being a pure ominpotent godly warrior team player thinking and acting on every possible way to atomize the enemy is a knucklehead.

Just play the damn game...if you intentionally stat pad you must not like BF2 so go play in someone elses sandbox.

I think that covers it....

hmmmm....maybe I had too much coffee this morning?

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-09 10:59:03)

ArMaG3dD0n
OpsChief he s not saving the crate to resupply himself. He s keeping it so the assets will constantly be repaired so he can destroy them again.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
Took the words out of my head, thanks OpsChief for typing it out!

OpsChief wrote:

This is a tough one, yes intent defines the crime but this is borderline.

I for one like having a strategic raid on the enemy arty and UAV/Sat keeping it quiet and blind as much as possible. Saving the enemy Supply Crate to resupply is smart because it saves needing a support kit nearby or a friendly supply drop. But after you get the first stolen resupply then destroy the supply crate with your weapons not C4 and make the enemy commander drop another so he wastes it on arty repairs instead of his forward most units. If you destroy the crate each time then this isn't stat padding it is a strategic strike on both arty and interdicting enemy supplies.

Any enemy who lets a lone SF continue destroying their arty are knuckleheads and deserve it.

Any SF who wastes a whole game just knocking out Wake USMC artillery is a knucklehead and deserves the lower score due to no kills.

Anyone who stat pads selfishly instead of being a pure omnipotent godly warrior team player thinking and acting on every possible way to atomize the enemy is a knucklehead.

Just play the damn game...if you intentionally stat pad you must not like BF2 so go play in someone else's sandbox.

I think that covers it....

hmmmm....maybe I had too much coffee this morning?
I'm going to get another!

P.S. 3 EA admins have reviewed (one edited my post cause I said BALLS; which they said was inciting a negative argument. LOL) but no response at this time. Hopefully will get an answer.  Teflon out.
OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California
Arma, thx m8 I got his point   - I tried to use a teaching approach and not flame on him. He is thinking instead of opinionating which is rare among many humans. He "discovered" something "new" and that shouldn't be stiffled right? We just need to help him make some minor adjustments so he doesn't get his stats wiped.  You must admit his form of inadvertant "stat padding" is less selfish than others in the Worldy Association of Knife and Revivers (WAcKeRs).

He should continue the strategic raids but modify his tactics so as not to exploit the game as I suggested destroy the crate each time after resupplying, so he is playing teamwinner instead of stat padding loser.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-02-09 11:17:08)

ArMaG3dD0n
Yay that s what I said too. Destroy the crate and everything s fine.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6747|Somewhere in NYC
I agree. What's the whole point of destroying the asset if it's going to get repaired (in a few seconds) anyway? Destroy the asset AND crate (to keep the asset destroyed).

Wouldn't you kill the medic if he kept reviving the enemy? Why won't you do the same for the crate? Keep the asset destroyed, your work is done, go wreak havoc somewhere else in the battlefield. Where you can REALLY help the team.
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6658|Arlington, MA
- Wow ppl this poste of mine has fueled some debates (which is healthy i guess) so i just wanna clear some things up

- 1st and formost is the fact that I the idea was to get the opposing commander to drop supplies 2 fix the art and not ur own.

- 2nd is that that this wont always work considering the supply crate has to be a certain distance from the art not be be blown up even if u try not 2

- 3rd of all is that I dont do this, although it says (a little trick of mine) as a title i personaly dont do this. Dont belive me? check my teamworking stats and tell me that i statpad

- 4th on Wake Island which is the map in question the enamy can always spawn and kill me, planes can drop bombs, I didnt say that you would spawn rape the ppl as well. Some ppl would take my poste in the wrong way and think that u would b a spawn raper hu blows up the enamy artilery and gets supplies from ur own commander (forhaps even u r the commander), though u wouldnt get any team points

-5th as to s4vior6 messege yes u would kill the medic if he was healing the enamy but the medic isent healing u as well (which supplies do) get my point?

-well i think thats it for now feel free to leave more meseges

-cheers
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6747|Somewhere in NYC
Any word from the EA admins?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

s4vior6 wrote:

Any word from the EA admins?
They can't talk, my nuts are in their mouth.
teh adam
+2|6687
I don't think the trick thing works guys... I have blown up arty before with a supply box next to it and it repaired and when I blew it up a second time I didn't get another point for it. Ofcourse I think there have been times when I have gotten 2 points but I don't spend my extra time trying to find faster ways to get points. Someone else can test this...

Who cares... its one point
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

BF2RS|L3|Creeper wrote:

Here are 2 scenario's one being stat-padding the other not.

1. You are Spec Ops Player and you and the Commander decide to do what you described. We all know that eventually, the supply crate will either self-destruct due to time, or will get blown up due to proximaty to the arty. This goes on all round long, you are never killed. This would be stat-padding since you and the Commander are in on it. This might happen, but if I were an Engineer and playing, eventually you would get killed. Others players would probably stop what you are doing at some point. Usually the arty is by other hardware (Tanks, APC's etc), and I am sure other players would try and get the kill, and if they are using the hardware, are probably Engineers.

2. You are Spec Ops Player and you make it to the arty, UAV or Sat Trailer. You blow up one of them, the Commander drops a supply crate to repair it. You take advantage of the Commander's mistake of not checking to see if you are there, and reload your C4, blow the stuff up again. This is not stat-padding, but fair play. It is a Battlground, and seizing or utilizing the oppossing teams assets are part of it.

No simple answer, these are 2 of the many scenario's 2 of us discussed. Like I posted before, each report is reviewed on it's individual merits.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter
Please For The Love Of God Close This Worthless Topic, Can I Get A Moderator Or Admin In Here!
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6658|Arlington, MA
yeh being the original poster i even agree this has went a bit out of hand people r gettn rdy 2 stab eatch other lol
MrBrain
+24|6691|Finland
omg, what the hell are you talking about stats padding?! Fucking whine padders, that's what you are! He's just taking advantage of the commanders lazy actions. Instead of getting someone there to repair/kill he sends the magic box who repairs the cannon with it's magic power up radius! This is just taking advantage of the enemies dumb actions. Jeesus, how can you even whine about stats padding over this?!

Yeah, I play as commander and drops supply boxes over the arty/radar/uav
Yeah, I get pissed off when somebody runs around there using my crate to refill C4 and blow up again.
Yeah, I wait a bit until they start to wait for another box when it breaks, and drop it right on their head
Yeah, I laugh
shadowdark1974
+0|6665|San Diego
I Know my driving my APC up behind 2 front line tanks while i am an enginner so that i can not only repair them while covering thier flanks but also reload them due to the suppot guy that is in a machine gun seat in my apc.....Well lets see.....since i am getting repair points....kill points....driver points.....and kill assist points I MUST BE EXPLOITING THE GAME OR CHEATING SOME HOW. Any one miss the sarcasim i what i just said...........What he is doing on the wake island map with te crate and artillary you can do anywhere! and is on a real fine line. But know what If i hit artillary as spec ops and a Commander drops a crate to fix it and it survives my second run of C4 on the artillary! I'm going to reload my C4 and plant the charges and run while the crate fixes the arillary again then blow it. Am i going to go out of my way to make certain the crate survives C4 run number 2? No! but if it does i'm going to use it. And at any time the comander can TRY to call in a strike or back up. And on that island a chopper has NO PROBLEM finding you and killing you. Hell have killed people on the island with the Carriers Anti-Air guns before! **TKed 2 of my own while trying to hit a incoming Boat!**
shadowdark1974
+0|6665|San Diego

MrBrain wrote:

omg, what the hell are you talking about stats padding?! Fucking whine padders, that's what you are! He's just taking advantage of the commanders lazy actions. Instead of getting someone there to repair/kill he sends the magic box who repairs the cannon with it's magic power up radius! This is just taking advantage of the enemies dumb actions. Jeesus, how can you even whine about stats padding over this?!

Yeah, I play as commander and drops supply boxes over the arty/radar/uav
Yeah, I get pissed off when somebody runs around there using my crate to refill C4 and blow up again.
Yeah, I wait a bit until they start to wait for another box when it breaks, and drop it right on their head
Yeah, I laugh
So your the one who dropped the crate on me! *LOL*
My own commander did it to me while trying to help me as i was a sniper on a roof! didn't even think about it till then.

So whats your secret for adjusting for the drift as it falls?
1sfg-ronln
+25|6794
i am sorry to say, but C4ing arty on the opposite side of the crate, knowing it will not be destroyed is STAT padding...  your a fucking loser is you try to argue differently.  Instead of trying to earn all your points masterbating with the artillery, why dont you go try to kill someone with the rifle/pistol you came equipped with.  Im sorry, but he who stat pads that way , by all means, go right ahead.  Cause if that is your type of enjoyment i feel bad for you.  You dont even get a medal for that shit.  HAHA.  So all you stat padders, and wanna be some day stat padders... THATS THE NEW HTO TREND>>> GET YOUR C4 READY BOYS....!!!!!!! EVEN IM EXCITED

Last edited by 1sfg-ronln (2006-02-10 01:43:02)

MrBrain
+24|6691|Finland

shadowdark1974 wrote:

Experience with trial and error
shadowdark1974
+0|6665|San Diego

MrBrain wrote:

shadowdark1974 wrote:

Experience with trial and error
I was afraid that you were going to say somthing like that! *LOL*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard