Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411
not everyone is a self-righteous as you Cam.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5713|College Park, MD
what he should've done was blown his brains out in a ditch somewhere to be forgotten like dust in the wind
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

And don't see why he didn't just quit the army. It would have been far simpler.
Because he was obviously not thinking rationally. A rational person would've just resigned their commission or gone AWOL. Instead, he went the route of the suicide bomber in the name of his religion. It really doesn't make any sense but mass murders rarely do.
I don't think it was particularly 'in the name of his religion', although he probably drew certain inspiration from elements of it. The fact of the matter is that his parents are Palestinian and the reason he turned out to be an American is probably because of Israel, which just so happens to gets a double standard sideways glance from the US in any and all of its actions and is practically paid for by the US taxpayer. If I was him I'd be pissed at my country. He should've moved to Palestine and had the balls to fight properly rather than resort to cold blooded murder.
It was indeed in the name of his religion. He was quoted as saying "Alahu Akhbar" just before he opened fire.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

JohnG@lt wrote:

It was indeed in the name of his religion. He was quoted as saying "Alahu Akhbar" just before he opened fire.
How would he rationalise it? His religion doesn't prompt him to randomly plug 13 people. He had to rationalise what he was doing in the context of the Quran. Why did he do it? My bet - treatment of Muslims by the US, in particular the stance vis a vis Israel and the invasions of Afghanistan/Iraq. In that sense he could rationalise his actions as part of a 'war'.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 13:40:38)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
for the same reason that his buddies flew planes into towers, buildings and fields to kill 3,000 civilians

edit: Why the hell did he join then? It's not like the US v. Radical Muslims thing is new. It's been pretty much going on since 1979.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-11-06 13:40:42)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

for the same reason that his buddies flew planes into towers, buildings and fields to kill 3,000 civilians

edit: Why the hell did he join then? It's not like the US v. Radical Muslims thing is new. It's been pretty much going on since 1979.
Well Islam actually takes a dim view of killing civilians ftr...

Him joining the military does smell of pre-planned murder. Although it wasn't until 9/11 that reports suggest his rhetoric became suspicious.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 13:44:16)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

How would he rationalise it? His religion doesn't prompt him to randomly plug 13 people. He had to rationalise what he was doing in the context of the Quran. Why did he do it? My bet - treatment of Muslims by the US, in particular the stance vis a vis Israel and the invasions of Afghanistan/Iraq.
lol.  what was their excuse before that then?  this isnt a new thing you know......

seems like an awfully broad brush.  too simplistic.  seems to me like you are trying to justify what he did.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

lol.  what was their excuse before that then?  this isnt a new thing you know......

seems like an awfully broad brush.  too simplistic.  seems to me like you are trying to justify what he did.
Fuck you. Justify murder? Fuck off. There's a fucking ocean of a difference between justification and rationalisation.
if you can draw conclusions so can i.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

CameronPoe wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Well Islam actually takes a dim view of killing civilians ftr...

Him joining the military does smell of pre-planned murder. Although it wasn't until 9/11 that reports suggest his rhetoric became suspicious.
Islam's also supposed to be a peaceful religion, but that doesn't stop crazies from killing in the name of it
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Fuck you. Justify murder? Fuck off. There's a fucking ocean of a difference between justification and rationalisation.
Yeah of course you can. But you'd be dead wrong.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Islam's also supposed to be a peaceful religion, but that doesn't stop crazies from killing in the name of it
Of course, people are getting killed in the name of it every day.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

fair enough.  but i know your hatred for israel and the fact you mention it......

meh.  guess we will never know why anyway.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

fair enough.  but i know your hatred for israel and the fact you mention it......

meh.  guess we will never know why anyway.
I only mentioned it because he is ethnic Palestinian and he had been going round declaring himself as Palestinian even though he was American. We might get to know if he stands trial before attempting to commit suicide.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 13:52:44)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

How would he rationalise it? His religion doesn't prompt him to randomly plug 13 people. He had to rationalise what he was doing in the context of the Quran. Why did he do it? My bet - treatment of Muslims by the US, in particular the stance vis a vis Israel and the invasions of Afghanistan/Iraq. In that sense he could rationalise his actions as part of a 'war'.
In other words, Islamic terrorists have infiltrated the US military. He didn't randomly pug 13 peaople, he plugged 13  US soldiers., and ya, his religion does prompt such action.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

lowing wrote:

In other words, Islamic terrorists have infiltrated the US military. He didn't randomly pug 13 peaople, he plugged 13  US soldiers., and ya, his religion does prompt such action.
Only if he views that military as being a threat to Islam, which the US government solemnly swears it isn't. I guess that is how he rationalised it.

EDIT: Correction - or if the US military has attacked an Islamic nation, which of course it has.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 13:59:21)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411
just for the record its quite obvious yinz are arguing by proxy.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Red Forman wrote:

What is yinz?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

What is yinz?
*you all
*you guys

etc
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Only if he views that military as being a threat to Islam, which the US government solemnly swears it isn't. I guess that is how he rationalised it.
I would venture to say most Islamic terrorists view the US military as a threat to Islam, wouldn't ya think? Islamic terrorists infilitrated the US military. Just how fuckin' many of those "FEW" are there out there anyway?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

What is yinz?
*you all
*you guys

etc
If we were arguing by proxy I'd be responding to his questions through someone else. ??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

lowing wrote:

I would venture to say most Islamic terrorists view the US military as a threat to Islam, wouldn't ya think? Islamic terrorists infilitrated the US military. Just how fuckin' many of those "FEW" are there out there anyway?
I don't know lowing, hopefully not too many. And hopefully not so many as cowardly as Hasan. Hopefully he's the first and last.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 14:02:51)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
I wouldn't conclude that one shooting means that Islamic terrorists have infiltrated the military, that's abit far fetched but a typical knee jerk rash conclusion. Although you can never rule that out. All sorts of extremists and criminals could infiltrate the organisation for whatever reasons. You always hear stories of gangs joining the military for training etc.. and no doubt you probably will get religious extremists joining for their own reasons.

The thing is reading the background of this guy and the she he had done, it seems that this could have been avoided. I think some higher ups need to be answering some questions about this.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-11-06 14:03:13)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

What is yinz?
*you all
*you guys

etc
If we were arguing by proxy I'd be responding to his questions through someone else. ??
well whatever the word is.......
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

I wouldn't conclude that one shooting means that Islamic terrorists have infiltrated the military, that's abit far fetched but a typical knee jerk rash conclusion. Although you can never rule that out. All sorts of extremists and criminals could infiltrate the organisation for whatever reasons. You always hear stories of gangs joining the military for training etc.. and no doubt you probably will get religious extremists joining for their own reasons.

The thing is reading the background of this guy and the she he had done, it seems that this could have been avoided. I think some higher ups need to be answering some questions about this.
There is nothing "knee jerk" about it. It is well known that sleeper cells exist. Do not kid yourself into thinking they are going to show up on main street wearing robes sandles and toting RPG's.

He is a Muslim that by all accounts, went against the US military and it actions in the ME. He decided to use his creditials to gain access and kill his enemy un-noticed until it was too late. He gave his possessiond away, he knew he was going to die that day. Tell me the dman difference?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6117|eXtreme to the maX

John G@lt wrote:

Or understand that the people he can see, feel and touch in person should be more important to an individual than people in a far away land.
And therein lies part of the problem, its fine to kill people abroad because their lives are of less value.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard