blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
More than a third of American youth of military age are unfit for service, mainly because they are too fat or sickly, the Army Times reports, quoting the latest Pentagon figures.

Most of the rest are too dumb or have used too many drugs to qualify, the study shows.

The report says 35% of the 31 million Americans aged 17 to 24 are unqualified because of physical and medical issues.

“The major component of this is obesity,” Curt Gilroy, the Pentagon’s director of accessions, tells the Times. “We have an obesity crisis in the country. There’s no question about it.”He also said young people, by and large, can't do push-ups.

"And they can't do pull-ups," Gilroy says. " And they can't run.

Here's the Pentagon's breakdown of the ineligible population, according to the Times:

* Medical/physical problems, 35%.
    * Illegal drug use, 18%.
    * Mental Category V (the lowest 10% of the population), 9%.
    * Too many dependents under age 18, 6%.
    * Criminal record, 5%.

source

yea not surprised will get worst probably, too many young people dont get enough exercise and such.... and a lot of bad foods out there 2 need to watch what you eat 2...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Too many hours in front of a computer screen is a major problem tbh.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I'm sure that most people could SERVE in the military, the issues would come up when they have to do actual fighting, although there's probably a small percentage of those who would actually be alright with the taking of lives later on down the road.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
So in summary the US is turning into a nation of fat drugged up idiots who are breeding too fast.

Need to release the zombies to bring Darwinian balance into line TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm sure that most people could SERVE in the military, the issues would come up when they have to do actual fighting, although there's probably a small percentage of those who would actually be alright with the taking of lives later on down the road.
yea thats a good point, they could probably all serve but there would be high death/causality ratio since they dont or those specified dont meet the criteria and would lack in certain aspects of combat.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I don't know of many overweight kids that want to serve. They think COD 4 is service enough.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
they can eat a donut and fly a drone shooting hellfire missiles at the same time... np
Love is the answer
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
coast guard
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
Moved @ request of OP.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

An extra few weeks in boot camp would take care of that weight problem.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Too dumb for the military? Jord got into the military FFS!

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

ATG wrote:

Studies show that computer gamers etc are fitter than the rest of the population.

It's console gamers and tv watchers who are the obesity winners.

I actually don't know many PC gamers that are obese. Or unfit.

@ ghetto, it's the British military, they're speziul.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

looks like I may need to go back ........ it would be better for the military anyway to bring back more of the old dogs with the experience

hence - I want more re-up money
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6418|Boulder, CO

Zimmer wrote:

ATG wrote:

Studies show that computer gamers etc are fitter than the rest of the population.

It's console gamers and tv watchers who are the obesity winners.

I actually don't know many PC gamers that are obese. Or unfit.

@ ghetto, it's the British military, they're speziul.
Actually, thats a point. I don't think I know a single PC gamer who is overweight. They're either average fitness or well above average. Yet console gamers (from what I personally have seen in my very limited sample called life) tend to be more likely to be overweight and unfit. I wonder what actually causes that?
rdx-fx
+955|6562

SEREMAKER wrote:

looks like I may need to go back ........ it would be better for the military anyway to bring back more of the old dogs with the experience

That temptation has been calling at me too...
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6527|Kent, UK
How can the bottom 10% of 17-24 year olds for intelligence equate to 9% of 17-24 year olds?

The bottom 10% of any population group = 10% of that population group...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

rdx-fx wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I've really been considering it ..... Marines would just let me back in with rank that I left at but Army would do $7500 up front and $7500 over the next 6 years
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Only a third?  I'm not surprised, Illinois is the only state that mandates physical education in schools, and even then it's kind of a joke.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

S.Lythberg wrote:

Only a third?  I'm not surprised, Illinois is the only state that mandates physical education in schools, and even then it's kind of a joke.
http://www.drwoolard.com/commentary/sta … ements.htm
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Good thing you're getting all the robots to do the work
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Illinois
The state requires daily physical education grades K-12.
not some once a week crap, real gym class
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I've really been considering it ..... Marines would just let me back in with rank that I left at but Army would do $7500 up front and $7500 over the next 6 years
You'd be willing to toss your life away for $15k? Yikes. You could work a job making $7.50 an hour and make that in a year with a lot less stress.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

You'd be willing to toss your life away for $15k? Yikes. You could work a job making $7.50 an hour and make that in a year with a lot less stress.
come on ... you know thats just the bonus ....... I miss the smell of napalm in the morning
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

come on ... you know thats just the bonus ....... I miss the smell of napalm in the morning
If you miss the camaraderie that's one thing. But to put a price tag on your life I always thought was a bit lame. I knew quite a few guys that re-upped just because they had too many bills. They went out and bought new cars etc and then felt like they were stuck. Imo it's stupid to trade four+ years of freedom for 10-20k, but that's me.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nlsme1
+32|5388
You did it for the GI bill, no?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard