Xbone Stormsurgezz
Chou
+737|6808
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6173|Vancouver | Canada

Pubic wrote:

The 'c' in rap is silent.
I've never heard that one before, did you think of it yourself?

I wonder if Chuy would be willing to give you an "originality" badge.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

The kind of shit they play on the radio is retarded and sucks. But there's some rap that's actually decent, just gotta look for it.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6289

Pubic wrote:

The 'c' in rap is silent.
Ah, was about to say it.
Anyway, on topic, never liked rap, never will. Only electronic music.

Last edited by Metal-Eater-GR (2009-10-31 01:01:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

they played it on Glee
kill yourself hurricane.

kill yourself now.

you actually watch Glee?

kill yourself.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6563
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6738|Sydney, Australia

Macbeth wrote:

But how can you not like music like this.
The lyrics sound like they were written by someone who didn't complete high school.
They are then spoken, not sung..
Over what appears to be just bass. But then not even.. it's some retarded bass/drum sound..
The music is flat.
It goes nowhere.
It is not interesting.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6486

mcminty wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The lyrics sound like they were written by someone who didn't complete high school.
I wonder why.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Tankbuster=44=
+18|5486|Scotland
To the OP; Slim Thug is the man

But no one can beat Eazy E

Last edited by Tankbuster=44= (2009-10-31 02:44:28)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America
Stuff nowadays sucks, though. The early '90s were the only time rap was good (pretty much West Coast only, too). I can't stand the shitty popular rap/hip-hop that people listen to now.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

mcminty wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

They are then spoken, not sung..
Over what appears to be just bass. But then not even.. it's some retarded bass/drum sound..
The music is flat.
It goes nowhere.
It is not interesting.

Listen to those lyrics. How is that not interesting?

I could see it not being interested to the dumbfucks in this world who need anything dumbed down, but you don't seem to be one of them.

DesertFox- wrote:

Stuff nowadays sucks, though. The early '90s were the only time rap was good (pretty much West Coast only, too). I can't stand the shitty popular rap/hip-hop that people listen to now.
West coast only?

HAHA.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
shit fucking thread made by a shit fucking moron who is shit at life and doesnt understand rap music at all.

macbeth end your life already, all of your faux-intellectual threads in D&ST, pseudo-controversial threads in EE and downright worthless threads here make me feel physically ill
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5416|USA
buzz kill.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6383|California
rap is cool
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5416|USA
like me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
macbeth's tired 'misanthropy i hate all of mankind and culture and every human invention' internet charade is cool. definitely not aged.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5998|Toronto
The problem with rap is that it's overdone. Every single video is of some guy wearing the same type of football jersey (or better still-- half-naked covered in tatoos) and size 99 pants, driving in butt-ugly cars with even uglier rims, getting scantily dressed women to imitate sex, and not being able to speak properly, all the while holding up their too-large gaarments by grabbing their crotch. Moreover, rap has very little musical side; there are no instruments.
Now, I will concede that some rap lyrics are half-good, but as BlackPanther says, 99% is the same crap. When they can dress properly, drive cars that reflect their wealth rather than their lack of taste, and get popular for reasons other than sluts' bottoms appearing on the screen, I'll consider it music worth my while.
I like pie.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5716
I think the problem for those who hate rap music is that you just listen to shit music(rap atleast).
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

13/f/taiwan wrote:

I think the problem for those who hate rap music is that you just listen to shit music(rap atleast).
Because if they actually bothered checking out the good stuff (which is way more than 1%), they'd have a lot less to piss and moan about.

..and whining about shit is something they like and do best.

Maybe ignorance is bliss after all.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487

TSI wrote:

The problem with rap is that it's overdone. Every single video is of some guy wearing the same type of football jersey (or better still-- half-naked covered in tatoos) and size 99 pants, driving in butt-ugly cars with even uglier rims, getting scantily dressed women to imitate sex, and not being able to speak properly, all the while holding up their too-large gaarments by grabbing their crotch. Moreover, rap has very little musical side; there are no instruments.
Now, I will concede that some rap lyrics are half-good, but as BlackPanther says, 99% is the same crap. When they can dress properly, drive cars that reflect their wealth rather than their lack of taste, and get popular for reasons other than sluts' bottoms appearing on the screen, I'll consider it music worth my while.
when you can listen to some rap/hip-hop that isnt spoonfed to you by mainstream media and top10 radio stations... then i'll consider your opinion worth my while. when you only have a summary knowledge of ANY genre, it'll seem pretty shallow, superficial and shit. i could make the same misinformed comment about, say, electronic music ("the problem is it all seems to feature blonde, big-titted singers and repetitive 4/4 drumbeats") or folk music ("it seems to all be contrived american college-kids with jesus beards and vintage flannel shirts"). when you're into a genre and you know what's good and what's not, then you're informed and you can form a decent opinion. until then, all im seeing in this thread is a bunch of marginalized weird-fucks, e.g. macbeth, who are probably alienated by the mainstream popularity of rap and rap fans, or a bunch of geeky, uninformed internet crusaders who think they know what they're talking about because they've read the wiki and have seen MTV.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6648|Finland

What bothers me a bit is that too many perceive rap/hiphop as the crap that MTV spews out these days.
I need around tree fiddy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
exactamundo. ding ding ding.

and you can turn the same uninformed, narrowminded and sheltered view to any genre.

"metal? isnt that just guys in masks making noise for angst-ridden, unwashed 14 year olds?"
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America

DefCon-17 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

West coast only?

HAHA.
The beautiful thing about ones opinion is that you're not going to change it by derision. There's no right or wrong answer to what is "the best" in any type of music, or really any aspect of life itself. I find early '90s west coast rap to be the most appealing to me...you're no more correct than I am.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard