SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Although people posted it in the Dev. Blog section, you have new links that are

Nice pic of the Mann family too, and if I'm not mistaken that's the announcer lady
0.Andy.0
+2|5859
There is also a dude in a green suit on the far right, but you can't see his face.

I read there was a hat dropping spree a couple of hours ago where lots of people playing got some. As many as 6 hats within an hour for a few peeps.

Last edited by 0.Andy.0 (2009-10-29 14:42:31)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Dying guy = Z. Mann

Left Brother = Red Mann

Right Brother = Blu Mann

Woman = Announcer

Frontiersman looking guy = Saxton Hale Sr.

Guy in green suit = Spoiler (highlight to read):
Pyro
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
Protip: When you're the Spy and you taunt with the sapper, you always do the Thriller taunt. Same goes for sniper and Jarate and possibly Engineer and his PDA.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

The achievements were quite fun to get.

And the two hats on offer aren't bad either.

https://i33.tinypic.com/2qmlx6v.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
got two ghastly gibus now and the halloween bag
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
I love how the bag changes what's drawn on it for each class.

Pyro's one the just pure genius.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
Got all the achievements now.. that was fun

Hope Valve do an Xmas/New Years one!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7484/paperbagh.jpg

I love the paper bag too. However it says in the backpack: Level 10 Holiday Hat. Restrictions: Halloween. Or something. I think the paper bag is going . It's awesome though. And yeah I have 2 Gibuses too.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Funny glitch when you have the KGBs and do the Thriller taunt...you don't have hands.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

I got stuck in a Bomb-Pumpkin.

I was not pleased.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

That's clever with the Sniper's bag, a third eye in the middle of his forehead.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

@ TF2's backstory.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I love using a pumpkin bomb to bomb-jump onto the middle roof as a Heavy, and then use a Sandvich to get back to full health. It's a great vantage point.

Edit:

So. What do you all think of the Harvest Event gimmicks? Which, if any, do you think could work in regular TF2?

Environmental hazards a.k.a Pumpkin Bombs?
Random (and often hilarious) disruption from the Ghost?
Crit pickups?
The 'Dominate to get their hat' system?
The 'Achievement to get a hat' system?

Personally, I think the pumpkins and the ghost are great additions. Both offer a variety of fun and useful strategies, as well as being silly and random. Running through the ghost so the person chasing you does too (and so you regain control first). Using the bombs to leap across the map as low mobility classes. Killing someone you can't see by shooting the pumpkin near them. All good fun.
And I love it when the ghost appears on the cap point when there's lots of people fighting there. Always good for laughs.
The crit pickups can be reserved for 'events' though. I don't think they should be in normal games. I think both the hat systems worked out pretty well.

Now we can all wonder whether those 5 additions for this one weekend were a series of experiments or not .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-10-31 05:42:43)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

1 Environmental hazards a.k.a Pumpkin Bombs?
2 Random (and often hilarious) disruption from the Ghost?
3 Crit pickups?
4 The 'Dominate to get their hat' system?
5 The 'Achievement to get a hat' system?
1. No.
2. Server option.
3. Hell-fucking-no.
4. Maybe.
5. Event-based. (Halloween, Christmas, etc)
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
dumb dumb dumb

are you seriously fucking suggesting more random, uncontrollable, no-skill features in tf2? the game is already enough of a random mess. fun for a festival gimmick, but to seriously entertain the idea of having this as a game-feature is fucking mania. you're shit
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6460
Server-side option tbh
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Uzique wrote:

dumb dumb dumb

are you seriously fucking suggesting more random, uncontrollable, no-skill features in tf2? the game is already enough of a random mess. fun for a festival gimmick, but to seriously entertain the idea of having this as a game-feature is fucking mania. you're shit
The pumpkins aren't random.

There's been exploding barrels in thousands of games since the dawn of time too...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

Uzique wrote:

dumb dumb dumb

Ok. So I made that post because I thought it was interesting just how many new game mechanics were introduced for such a short time, and thought that Valve being Valve, were maybe experimenting to see how they went down.

No need to have a hissy fit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Flecco wrote:

Uzique wrote:

dumb dumb dumb

The pumpkins aren't random.

There's been exploding barrels in thousands of games since the dawn of time too...
it would be a stupid permanent addition for multiplayer gameplay. crits are enough of a painful unpredictability, exploding barrels and everything else as well? no thaaanks

@spidery: sorry i was drunk as hell when i made that post. wine isnt my friend, and it aint yours either
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada

Uzique wrote:

@spidery: sorry i was drunk as hell when i made that post. wine isnt my friend, and it aint yours either
Why do people get drunk, then go on the internet?

I've never gotten a straight answer.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Rarely if I get back from a night out I get an urge to go on facebook/whatever, v rarely though, probably just an impulsive thing.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5690

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Sometimes they get drunk at home while on the internet.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

13/f/taiwan wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Sometimes they get drunk at home while on the internet.
it's not difficult, dont act like such a fucking pseudo-coolkid defcon, you're a wigger.

every night out has to end, eventually. when you come home, you do normal shit that you do when you're at home. browse the net, eat, play games, read a book, play an instrument etc. just you're drunk. i always stay up for an hour or so after getting in, killing time and sobering up. it's not indicative of anything, other than being smart enough to not go to bed pissed as a fart. going to bed when you're drunk equals hangovers. i prefer to sit up and shoot the shit with mates, or if im alone, to surf some sites with a cold glass of water. stupid question really.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard