Poll

Is Bill Gates evil or enlightened

Evil0%0% - 0
Enlightened100%100% - 15
Total: 15
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

So I was watching a bit of that video they have on youtube with Bill Gates and his wife giving a presentation about progress and donating to places like Africa and it's positive effects on the situation over there.

But a liberal website once said Bill Gates was just trying to improve things in places like Africa so that he could sell them things like Windows and Zunes later on.

So do you think Bill Gates is evil and just trying to make a new market for Windows and Zunes or do you think he actually cares about improving he lives of Africans?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
I think he's just donating for the sake of donating.  What would you do with $50 Billion?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
I've heard for this argument as well. You improve the education system sponsored by your company in order to create better future employees. It is not necessarily evil, just a stronger economic reason but ignoring the ethical and humanitarian reason. Japan does that shit too, they help Thailand build their railway system so Thailand can develop faster, then they can buy more Japanese products. They do improve lives in the end, its just the reason behind it is purely economic and not humanitarian, I'd say he's a pretty smart businessman. Businessmen should always be looked as businessmen, not humanitarians, no matter the amount of money donated imo.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

^ this. who can asses motive, anyways? Regardless of the reason why, the reason what counts.
. . . but only to your interpetation - who can explain the motive behind the action, besides that person?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
I don't really care as long as he's helping.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6506
If people only donated if they really cared and truly wanted to help then there would be a lot less donating.  Take what you can get imo.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

So lame.. he is retired and he certainly doesn't need the money. People try to turn everything around.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
I wish i could do as much for the world as Bill Gates has...and... i don't think he needs any money at this point...
Love is the answer
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I wish i could do as much for the world as Bill Gates has...and... i don't think he needs any money at this point...
This tbh.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lai
+186|6149

TopHat01 wrote:

I think he's just donating for the sake of donating.  What would you do with $50 Billion?
This and also, regardless of his intentions I'd go with "enlightened", simply because, having been the richest guy on the planet, he stayed down to earth and stuck with his wife.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Kmarion wrote:

So lame.. he is retired and he certainly doesn't need the money. People try to turn everything around.
True that, I'm just saying the end justifies the means in my book. Most great philanthropists donated vasts amounts of money especially towards education (Carnergie and Rockerfeller). But its just weird he always talks about the economic aspect of getting better schools instead of the humanitarian aspect imo.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

True that, I'm just saying the end justifies the means in my book. Most great philanthropists donated vasts amounts of money especially towards education (Carnergie and Rockerfeller). But its just weird he always talks about the economic aspect of getting better schools instead of the humanitarian aspect imo.
Well in "big-picture" terms that's probably a reasonable way to look at it.
~ Richard Feynman
mikkel
+383|6599
Bill Gates has done his share of both good and evil. I really don't think the latter influences his charity work, despite what many people are eager to claim.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France
Gates has given more money to charity each year then I will earn in a lifetime.

If that's the byproduct of his life achievement, I have trouble saying he's a butthole.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

He's such a prick, doing all that good with all that money that he could never spend otherwise. What an utter douchebag he is, giving large amounts of his fortune to others who have nothing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
Yeah, stupid Africans, they don't deserve to have consumer electronics. They should eat dirt and use signal fires to keep from being controlled by "the man".
Benzin
+576|5997
I think Bill Gates actually does care and isn't doing it to create a market for Microsoft. I mean, if you had all that money, what would you do? Actually help the world or just scheme with it all the time. I'd help.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

CapnNismo wrote:

I think Bill Gates actually does care and isn't doing it to create a market for Microsoft. I mean, if you had all that money, what would you do? Actually help the world or just scheme with it all the time. I'd help.
Vanderbilt and Rockefeller.

But seriously, I see Gates more like Carnegie, I really liked his TED talk on the problem in Africa. Shit money without strings is one of the best things, better then IMF fucking over countries yo.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
what a stupid question.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Red Forman wrote:

what a stupid question.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
He's giving that cake, don't ask questions of intent.

TopHat01 wrote:

What would you do with $50 Billion?
Mad titty bars, son.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Africans want the ability to buy stuff, bill gates wants to sell them stuff.  Everybody wins tbh
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6445|Boulder, CO
Why would Bill want to sell them stuff? He's retired and over 50 times richer than he needs to be to count as stupidly rich. If he wants to give what to him is mere pocket change down the back of his sofa to people who thinks needs it then what is wrong with that?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

I was hoping for an " idiot " option
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Does it really matter if he IS trying to create a market for his company's products? In the end Africa would be more prosperous regardless.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard