Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6713
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 875323.ece
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,566540,00.html

More than a year after he was forced to disown his Chicago pastor, President Obama has begun to attend services led by a Christian chaplain who views Islam as a violent faith.

Mr Obama has been an irregular church attender since becoming President, but has expressed a fondness for Carey Cash, the navy chaplain at the Camp David presidential retreat who has been criticised for proselytising in the military and his mistrust of Islam.

The White House insists that the Rev Cash, the great-nephew of the singer Johnny Cash, has not become Mr Obama’s new pastor, but it appears that the President has heard more sermons by him than any other minister since taking office

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-10-15 02:17:34)

Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Mr Cash calls Islam violent, a faith that “from its very birth has used the edge of the sword as a means to convert or conquer those with different religious convictions”.

Mr Cash, a chaplain in one of the first units to reach Baghdad, believes that a “wall of angels” protected his troops when they fought their way to the Iraqi capital in March 2003.

During his deployment he baptised more than 50 servicemen.

In his book, A Table in the Presence: The Dramatic Account of How a US Marine Battalion Experienced God’s Presence Amidst the Chaos of the War in Iraq, Mr Cash said of the mission: “Yes, our men were lost and separated. But our God was not confused.

Just as He had from the very beginning of the war, He was providentially working all things together for the good of a cause that was just and true.”
Sounds like another crusading Christian nutball TBH.

Oh wait, I was right.
Mr Cash has been criticised by the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a watchdog that monitors proselytising in the military, for his work with Campus Crusade for Christ’s Military Ministry.

According to the watchdog, the group’s goal is to transform the US military into a force of “government-paid missionaries for Christ”.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-10-15 02:40:32)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Mr Cash calls Islam violent, a faith that “from its very birth has used the edge of the sword as a means to convert or conquer those with different religious convictions”.
Totally different from Christianity. Totally.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6713
So what does that say about Obama?
Love is the answer
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6773|Moscow, Russia

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

So what does that say about have to do with Obama?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Change Obama to Bush and restate the question.

Then you'll see the inconsistency.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

people cant.  they are too wrapped up in their blind hate/love.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

his choice of pastors is poor?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Oh, is this where we start comparing 1100 years ago to today also, explain how this Christian violence, (that you seem to think is the same thing as Islamic terrorism,) has disrupted the global economy
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Oh, is this where we start comparing 1100 years ago to today also, explain how this Christian violence, (that you seem to think is the same thing as Islamic terrorism,) has disrupted the global economy
Uh lets see.

The attacks on New York cost the global economy next to nothing.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, waged apparently with the backing of God and his angels, have cost your country trillions, fucked up the price of oil for everyone and taken countless lives.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5859
Don't forget the announced crusade by G.W.Bush

Add this been a muslim saying this, everyone on here would have been up in arms, and in the media

Last edited by rammunition (2009-10-15 04:54:54)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uh lets see.

The attacks on New York cost the global economy next to nothing.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, waged apparently with the backing of God and his angels, have cost your country trillions, fucked up the price of oil for everyone and taken countless lives.
Our war is not a Christian war, as much as you want to try and use it for your argument.  I see, well I suppose we just bow to Islamic fascism so you can save a buck at the pump.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

rammunition wrote:

Don't forget the announced crusade by G.W.Bush

Add this been a muslim saying this, everyone on here would have been up in arms, and in the media
Ummmm "crusade" was used to describe the invasion of Europe as well, it does not automatically mean a Christian venture.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Our war is not a Christian war, as much as you want to try and use it for your argument.
Your President said it was, and this guy thought it was.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6773|Moscow, Russia

Red Forman wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

people cant.  they are too wrapped up in their blind hate/love.
you are confusing me with somebody here, gentlemen. i don't give a flying fuck about bush or obama (i do like the way obama speaks a lot better though ). so, yeah, obama's pastor is a raving lunatic - now, most of those religious cretins are either coocoo's or cinical abusers of others faith, imo, but the question still stands - what does that have to do with obama himself?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Actually he wasn't comparing modern day Islamic terrorism he was comparing the violence that Islam used before to the violence that Christianity did as a means to convert and conquer and how they were both the same.

I guarantee this guy's ancestors were a victim in some way to Christianity hence why he is a Christian in the first place. Yes you had times where people willingly converted to Islam and Christianity, but for the most part, it was done violently. Including Christianity conquering Europe and elsewhere.

I don't know how people can live with being part of certain religions knowing stuff like that.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

m3thod wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

his choice of pastors is poor?
Heh, was going to make the same comment.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I guess we'll see if Obama changes this pastor as quickly as he changed the last one.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

That he's a self-loathing secret Muslim.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Obama's Sheik thinks otherwise.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Shahter wrote:

what does that have to do with obama himself?
cuz religious people turn to their pastors for advise and guidance????
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6773|Moscow, Russia

Red Forman wrote:

Shahter wrote:

what does that have to do with obama himself?
cuz religious people turn to their pastors for advise and guidance????
huh? what does "religious people" have to do with obama, man?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

AussieReaper wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Imam, a sheik is like a prince, an Imam is the primary Muslim clerical title.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

I guess the real question is, why hasn't this guy been removed from his post as the Naval Chaplain?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

AussieReaper wrote:

Imam, a sheik is like a prince, an Imam is the primary Muslim clerical title.
Sheik is a word or honorific term in the Arabic language that literally means "elder". It is commonly used to designate an elder of a tribe, a revered wise man, or an Islamic scholar.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard