ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
[BRIEFING.COM] Just a few minutes ago the Dow Jones Industrial average hit 10,000 for the first time in just over one year. While many pundits regard the market's accomplishment as meaningful and important in conveying enough strength to attract new money, some are quick to point out that the Dow is, in a sense, unchanged from 1999, which is the first time the Dow crossed above the 10,000 mark.

Nonetheless, the move to the psychologically significant line has come with a bit of resistance. In turn, stocks have eased back a bit in more recent action.

Let there be normalcy in the markets again.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Remember all the under 9000 jokes. Those were the days.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
Y2k
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Don't believe it for a second. There is a malaise in the global economy and the way in which currency, national debt, bonds and all manner of things operate that is still with us. We are all part of a rotten house of cards. With respect to the US in particular: is €800bn of debt to China even possible to repay or even attempt to repay? I don't think they'd take kindly to printing dollars to fuel inflation and devalue the dollar and would probably be even less pleased with a default....

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-10-14 12:24:59)

yayy let money circulate!!  i got that alert via my AP mobile on iphone  neener neener
ATG
Banned
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
oh boy

wake me up when the unemployment rate drops
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I remember when you started freaking out when the Dow was down like 200 one day...and now all of a sudden it's flowers and puppies.

Poseidon wrote:

I remember when you started freaking out when the Dow was down like 200 one day...and now all of a sudden it's flowers and puppies.
ahh yes!                     http://cuteoverload.com/tag/pups/            http://cuteoverload.com/tag/kittens/
ATG
Banned
Umm, there were days when the dow was on a vertical trajectory, down 300-500 points in single days, day after day for weeks. 

Days when individual stocks lost 25% or more on a given day.

So, I say this is good news for the psyche.
k1l|er_0f_m3n
+14|5314
1999 was a great year! it dont have any bad parts to it. clinton was a great president, everyone was making money and had a job, we were not in recession/depression.  i think after bush was elected everything fell apart. i dont know how he got to be president twice. he did a very bad job and now we're facing many problems. hopefully obama can fix them all!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Poseidon wrote:

He predicted bread riots.

I remember a poll that went along the lines of "how low will the Dow go?" Highest number on it was 6500, which was the lowest the Dow went.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6516|USA

k1l|er_0f_m3n wrote:

1999 was a great year! it dont have any bad parts to it. clinton was a great president, everyone was making money and had a job, we were not in recession/depression.  i think after bush was elected everything fell apart. i dont know how he got to be president twice. he did a very bad job and now we're facing many problems. hopefully obama can fix them all!
orly? awsm summary of the last 16 years in US history

all the same, 1932 remained unchanged from 1903 graph

edit: lol ^ initially i thought this thread was going to be ATG flashing money and telling us all how business is booming

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2009-10-14 15:55:52)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

k1l|er_0f_m3n wrote:

orly? awsm summary of the last 16 years in US history

all the same, 1932 remained unchanged from 1903 graph

edit: lol ^ initially i thought this thread was going to be ATG flashing money and telling us all how business is booming
oh he's done that before.  If you go far back enough he's flashing $100 bills cos "some customers pay cash".....back then i thought this guy was like a milionare or something.

funny thing is he now considers that post a curse!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/219665/february-24-2009/1997-flashback[/video]
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SealXo
+309|6533
you guys are all tards.

you can't have a real recovery until you have a real recession.
good job obama, you just put a bandage on a hemorrhaging jugular.
wait until it bursts. just wait

check out the dollars purchasing power. nice one.

heres whats gunna happen:
1)dow 11k.
2)
   a. massive sell off
   b. banks start giving loans to 12 year olds with a. 25 interest rate because the gov gave them it and floods the economy with useless dollars. theres trillions sitting in vaults waiting for circulation as we speak.
   c. china will become self sufficent w/o the us (theyre getting there) and just take a loss on their treasury bills (aka burn them) and the dollar will die.
3) depression

Last edited by SealXo (2009-10-14 19:54:23)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d6f4H-GEynw/Sd0x0iwXwjI/AAAAAAAAAO0/GYY9Eed1GSQ/s400/Prince_1999_single.jpg

PARTY LIKE ITS ...............

well you get the idea ......... oh and my stocks
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6682
That was friggin' hilarious....and dead on target.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard