mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

Mitch wrote:

Pretend we go to a new planet and theres an element that gives off a color you've never seen before! Try to imagine it.

You can only think in colors you've seen.

Pretty neat huh?
*sigh*

I'm red-green colourblind. I can use it to crack some great jokes with my friends. But, when we are with other people and the topic comes up, they are often like "what colour shirt am I wearing" (and I think to myself "It's red you dumb bitch, I'm not stupid").

One particular girl asked me "Like, how do you know what red is??"

TO which I replied "How are YOU sure what you see as red is actually red?"

That blew her mind.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

mcminty wrote:

I'm red-green colourblind. I can use it to crack some great jokes with my friends.
You can reinact the end of "Foiled by President Fred"
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Jack Nicklaus was red/green color blind. he did okay, chasing a little white ball around.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

Before pretending this I would have to pretend that laws of physics don't apply on that planet.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5424|Athens, GA
kys
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
I have an even greater enigma.

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?" U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded lol". THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-10-13 19:33:03)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN
Mother
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
Even better; if a airplane was placed on a giant treadmill, would it take off?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Yes because an airplane's engines use thrust to take off, not the lift of air under the wings created from moving.

Not quite a mind boggler there.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yes because an airplane's engines use thrust to take off, not the lift of air under the wings created from moving.

Net force would equal zero. Physics 1100.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

ATG wrote:

Even better; if a airplane was placed on a giant treadmill, would it take off?
Depends if you trust the Mythbusters attempt.  If the prop pushes enough air over the wings to cause enough lift, then yes.  It is all about wind speed over the wings.  Fly a plane at 50 knots into a wind of 60 knots, what happens.  Plane flys backwards according to the ground.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

A harrier can take off on a treadmill.  The engine's thrust is what propels it upward, not the wings.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

A harrier can take off on a treadmill.  The engine's thrust is what propels it upward, not the wings.
Yeah a VTOL plane is a great test of the theory. 
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

lol ty
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Lack of physics knowledge makes me want to claw my eyeballs out.

"Colors" are certain frequencies of visible light. Every frequency that we can observe is within that range - hence visible light. We can't perceive any other colors with our eyes just because there is some new element or something. If we were able to perceive other frequencies on the EM spectrum they would be other colors that our mind perceives in a completely arbitrary manner, so long as the frequencies are distinguishable from each other.

There is plenty of shit that actually makes sense that can still blow your mind.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

It was a joke bud.

If it was a prop plane - no chance.  If it is a plan with engines, the engines create the thrust necessary to take off.  Unless the speed of the treadmill matched the thrust put out of the engines.  So really, it depends on certain variables.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
But the propulsion doesn't come from the wheels, it comes from the prop/jet. The plane will be pulled/pushed forward and the wheels will just roll over treadmill.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It was a joke bud.

If it was a prop plane - no chance.  If it is a plan with engines, the engines create the thrust necessary to take off.  Unless the speed of the treadmill matched the thrust put out of the engines.  So really, it depends on certain variables.
I explaned that in my post above. 

You need to watch more mythbusters bud.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
Yes, it could take off.

ref: generations of air force pilots on both sides of family
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It was a joke bud.

Good thing most prop planes have engines in them then...
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

i <3 the internets . . .
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

Dauntless wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It was a joke bud.

My prop plane hasn't got an engine.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Miggle wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It was a joke bud.

Rubber bands count
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

LividBovine wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Rubber bands count
it can't fly.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6742|London

Miggle wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It was a joke bud.

Your face doesn't have an engine.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard